Social Justice Warriors Thread

heydaralon

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by heydaralon » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:33 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:28 am
The contrast between these two movies really show how vacuous and false feminism really is.

When you have a genuine female hero, people naturally love that character. It's not forced. It's original.

But when you have this hateful, toxic feminist hero, who is forced and overly political, few people are interested. Feminist characters do not just fail at fiction, they fail to speak to the lives of real female heroes.
To be fair, both those films look like complete shit, the SJW one looks worse tho
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:35 am

heydaralon wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:33 am
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:28 am
The contrast between these two movies really show how vacuous and false feminism really is.

When you have a genuine female hero, people naturally love that character. It's not forced. It's original.

But when you have this hateful, toxic feminist hero, who is forced and overly political, few people are interested. Feminist characters do not just fail at fiction, they fail to speak to the lives of real female heroes.
To be fair, both those films look like complete shit, the SJW one looks worse tho
Alita Battle Angel is incredible. It's the best movie I have seen in a long, long time. I can't wait for the next part of the story.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:04 am

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:35 am
Alita Battle Angel is incredible. It's the best movie I have seen in a long, long time. I can't wait for the next part of the story.

Rip off...

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:07 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:04 am
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:35 am

Rip off...

Rip off of what? It has almost nothing in common with Ghost in the Shell other than cyborg bodies. The mangas both came out the same year too.

I am telling you, that movie is one of the best I have seen in years. The MSM was lying and deliberately trying to tank that thing because of Captain Cunt.

Just watch it if you don't believe me. Or look at the user scores on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes. The audience loved that movie. The professional critics are obviously shilling for Disney.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:10 am

I won't watch it. Looks like a ripoff of that Brie Larson movie.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:17 am

You might as well kill yourself.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 am

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:53 pm
Opening week doesn't count, dude. Even Last Jedi had a decent opening. It's what happens after the opening when word gets out about how fucking garbage a film can be that people decide to watch other shit.
Opening week is an indicator of the affect Brie's publicity tour had. Right now it looks like people either didn't know or didn't care about what her views are. She made it known multiple times while giving interviews, so the outrage at this point appears to be minimal.

As the few go by, if the movie is crap like TLJ or is overly Mary Sue (like the TLJ), then the sales will drop for those reasons. But Brie's SJW tour prior to the release don't seem to have had any affect. This will probably be read by the rest of SJW Hollywood as a green light to continue to push their agendas and views on the rest of us.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:40 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 am
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:53 pm
Opening week doesn't count, dude. Even Last Jedi had a decent opening. It's what happens after the opening when word gets out about how fucking garbage a film can be that people decide to watch other shit.
Opening week is an indicator of the affect Brie's publicity tour had. Right now it looks like people either didn't know or didn't care about what her views are. She made it known multiple times while giving interviews, so the outrage at this point appears to be minimal.

As the few go by, if the movie is crap like TLJ or is overly Mary Sue (like the TLJ), then the sales will drop for those reasons. But Brie's SJW tour prior to the release don't seem to have had any affect. This will probably be read by the rest of SJW Hollywood as a green light to continue to push their agendas and views on the rest of us.

Not really. The get woke effect on movies shows up after opening week.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:48 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:36 am
DBTrek wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:40 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

... and I can't see getting worked up over any Captain Marvel, because I can't see caring about Marvel anything at this stage of the game.
The franchise is trash.
Marvel is trash.
It may make money, it may not, but it's trash regardless.
/shrug
Agreed.
I do have a lot of schadenfreude watching matriarchy struggling to prove themselves. I'm piling on no doubt, its fun.
Power corrupts.

Women are no different in that aspect. They're so used to not having power that when they are the real tyrants, they act as if their abuse of that power isn't the same as a white male's abuse, but it is. Equality is awesome.
I agree Jed, they are drunk with power and invinicibility.
I think what's different here is it's a blend of victim mentality + tyranny = this crazy shit.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:52 am

Fife wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:45 am
C-Mag wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:52 pm
Actual fit female able to stand on equal ground with men
She's gonna require you to work on your trigger discipline.
She doesn't have too many problems that I can see in that pic, she's even smart enough to shun Glocks ;)
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience