Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by StCapps » Wed May 01, 2019 9:21 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 pm
StCapps wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:18 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:15 pm
They had a 100lb girl hold an entire section of Winterfell’s wall, and then leapfrog a million zombies to kill the night king. It’s full SJW cuckfest from here.
Who better to kill the Night King? If you can't come up with a better alternative, perhaps it wasn't the choice of killer or the choice of how to kill him that's the problem, but the Night King and White Walkers themselves, putting the writers into a corner that they then choose the least lame way out of said corner.

If your alternative involves the Ice Zambies hanging around into the final three episodes, wrong answer. You can't make the Ice Zombie ending the big climax, which is why they got it out of the way, that's about the best you can hope for. It's the Ice Zombies fault, Ice Zombie Death Star was the only solution to the overpowered enemy that otherwise couldn't lose without that fatal flaw. Arya is simply the best candidate to be Luke Skywalker in that scenario.

Remember I had the zombies taking Winterfell, and marauding all the way to Kings Landing for the finale. Dani and friends ally with Cersei or watch her destroyed.
That's a way shittier ending, for both the ice zombies and the show in general, those stall tactics won't do either any favors. Glad you aren't writing the show.

Can't come up with a better way to kill the Night King, and still wants them to stall until the end with that death blow, because he likes the Ice Zombies way too much and wants them to be the grand finale. Fuck characters who actually talk and make the show worth watching getting the screen time, you want supernatural bad guys with no personality to hog up all the screen time instead, you want Smug Face McGee looking smug until the end, riveting writing lulz.

Fuck your ending, complete trash. People who love the magical elements of the show more than actual characters need to be thrown out of helicopters.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 01, 2019 10:03 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:21 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 pm
StCapps wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:18 pm
Who better to kill the Night King? If you can't come up with a better alternative, perhaps it wasn't the choice of killer or the choice of how to kill him that's the problem, but the Night King and White Walkers themselves, putting the writers into a corner that they then choose the least lame way out of said corner.

If your alternative involves the Ice Zambies hanging around into the final three episodes, wrong answer. You can't make the Ice Zombie ending the big climax, which is why they got it out of the way, that's about the best you can hope for. It's the Ice Zombies fault, Ice Zombie Death Star was the only solution to the overpowered enemy that otherwise couldn't lose without that fatal flaw. Arya is simply the best candidate to be Luke Skywalker in that scenario.

Remember I had the zombies taking Winterfell, and marauding all the way to Kings Landing for the finale. Dani and friends ally with Cersei or watch her destroyed.
That's a way shittier ending, for both the ice zombies and the show in general, those stall tactics won't do either any favors. Glad you aren't writing the show.

Can't come up with a better way to kill the Night King, and still wants them to stall until the end with that death blow, because he likes the Ice Zombies way too much and wants them to be the grand finale. Fuck characters who actually talk and make the show worth watching getting the screen time, you want supernatural bad guys with no personality to hog up all the screen time instead, you want Smug Face McGee looking smug until the end, riveting writing lulz.

Fuck your ending, complete trash. People who love the magical elements of the show more than actual characters need to be thrown out of helicopters.
That sounds reasonable. Glad you’ve toned it down a bit.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:03 pm
That sounds reasonable. Glad you’ve toned it down a bit.
You've got no superior alternative, you have, "lets focus on magical creatures with no personality as the "real" climax to the show, fuck all characters with actual personality backstabbing each other, this show needs more Ice Zambie screen time instead, that's what makes the show great, more Zombies, Dragons and CGI, oh my, that's the ticket".

Clown show. Everything you like most about the show, is stuff that actually makes the show worse because they overuse it, and you want more of it. Hilarious.

You're just mad that your favorite character with no personality got offed because he wasn't as important to the story as you wanted him to be, and they didn't waste more time on him looking smug as he fucked up Westeros, cry me a river, faggot.
*yip*

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 pm

Capps, I'll admit you make a pretty good point about the characters. Evil super villains who only wants to destroy the City, country,world, Galaxy, aren't really that interesting. There's no empathy for them. The Night King was bad because he was drawn that way. But Cersei, fucked up bitch that she, is much easier to empathize with. at this point we know everything about her, all the little damaged pieces that makes up her psyche.

BTW, I've been rewatching season 1, and Jamie's a redeption story is a little harder to take when you are reminded what a complete dick he was then. Certain later scenes were trying to make it seem like he was always a nice guy who was bullied into being who he was by his father. No, he was a complete dick to Ned even before anything happened.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed May 01, 2019 11:13 pm

brewster wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 pm
Capps, I'll admit you make a pretty good point about the characters. Evil super villains who only wants to destroy the City, country,world, Galaxy, aren't really that interesting. There's no empathy for them. The Night King was bad because he was drawn that way. But Cersei, fucked up bitch that she, is much easier to empathize with. at this point we know everything about her, all the little damaged pieces that makes up her psyche.

BTW, I've been rewatching season 1, and Jamie's a redeption story is a little harder to take when you are reminded what a complete dick he was then. Certain later scenes were trying to make it seem like he was always a nice guy who was bullied into being who he was by his father. No, he was a complete dick to Ned even before anything happened.
It's fiction though, so you can come back from being that much of a dick. Just look at Garak, a far worse person than Jaime ever was, yet in the end redeemed, and that was dude who tried to commit a little genocide in the name of self preservation, tortured Odo, and blew up a Senator's shuttle to trick an intergalactic empire into a war to get back at the people he tried to genocide, and that's just some of the shit we know about.

If it was real life though, Garak wouldn't be redeemed, not in the slightest, same for Jaime, but it ain't real life, it's a television show and bad guys are a lot easier to redeem in fiction than in real life. Mike Ehrmantraut, another great example, Wee Bay too, if done right, television can turn heroes into villains and villains into heroes, see Walter White for the best example of the latter.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu May 02, 2019 12:05 am

StCapps wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:13 pm
brewster wrote:

It's fiction though, so you can come back from being that much of a dick. Just look at Garak, a far worse person than Jaime ever was, yet in the end redeemed, and that was dude who tried to commit a little genocide in the name of self preservation, tortured Odo, and blew up a Senator's shuttle to trick an intergalactic empire into a war to get back at the people he tried to genocide, and that's just some of the shit we know about.

If it was real life though, Garak wouldn't be redeemed, not in the slightest, same for Jaime, but it ain't real life, it's a television show and bad guys are a lot easier to redeem in fiction than in real life. Mike Ehrmantraut, another great example, Wee Bay too, if done right, television can turn heroes into villains and villains into heroes, see Walter White for the best example of the latter.
Please stop posting spoilers to Game of Thrones in this thread you dick. Not all of us have seen the episodes and you have ruined the magic of television for me. As far as Garak goes, I guess I haven't gotten to that character yet on GoT, but I'm guessing he's from Essos right? It will be interesting to see how Rosencrantz and GuildenBennhoffWeiss manage to pivot the later episodes from Medieval/Fantasy to scifi Space Opera as you mention with the shuttle and intergalactic war. The dragons wouldn't be able to create fire in space due to the lack of oxygen, so that might be a good place for the second night king battle just to even things out. Please don't discuss anything beyond season 2 in this thread because I still am not caught up with the newer episodes. It costs nothing to be considerate.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 02, 2019 12:31 am

heydaralon wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:05 am
StCapps wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:13 pm
brewster wrote:

Please stop posting spoilers to Game of Thrones in this thread you dick. Not all of us have seen the episodes and you have ruined the magic of television for me. As far as Garak goes, I guess I haven't gotten to that character yet on GoT, but I'm guessing he's from Essos right? It will be interesting to see how Rosencrantz and GuildenBennhoffWeiss manage to pivot the later episodes from Medieval/Fantasy to scifi Space Opera as you mention with the shuttle and intergalactic war. The dragons wouldn't be able to create fire in space due to the lack of oxygen, so that might be a good place for the second night king battle just to even things out. Please don't discuss anything beyond season 2 in this thread because I still am not caught up with the newer episodes. It costs nothing to be considerate.
daralon, you crack me up.
:lol:
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu May 02, 2019 2:37 am

X-post from the show thread.

Let's try to look for some logic in the defense of Winterfell.

First of all the attackers weren't the usual sort. The Undead were always expected to assault the castle as soon as they arrived and to do so in a mindless way.

The defenders were too many for the castle and they were short on supplies. They needed to get fighting as soon as possible.

They brought everything to Winterfell so they just had to use what they had in any way conceivable.

The Dothraki horsemen were the typical impetuous cavalry types. The kind that always charges, often too soon. Many wargames have special rules forcing you to roll for morale if you try to hold them back. That didn't bother me. We have no idea how many they managed to kill.

The siege engines were probably brought in with all the other stuff the allies tried to save. They just used them in the only way they could think of.

I don't understand why they were so slow at manning the walls, almost panicking when the wights charged over the trench. They had lots of time before that.

The wights in the library reminded me of units in a computer game, on the edge of battle, that you are to busy to issue an order to and are just a bit too far from the enemy to act automatically.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 02, 2019 3:21 am

Since Cersei paid back the Iron Bank back in full, what's to stop them from flipping sides and financing the other side, and convincing the Golden Company to turn on her as well? They did back Stannis back in the day, and now they have no leverage over Cersei, but they did have leverage over Tywin, and still turned on him despite the incentive to protect their previous investment, because Stannis promised to pay the Crown's debt on top of his own to them, if he won. But now the Iron Bank have no investment to protect with Cersei, and have no incentive not to flip on Cersei at the first sign she will probably lose, she might have fucked up pretty bad by not waiting until after the war to pay all her debts.

You owe the bank $100, you have a problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, the bank has a problem, Cersei must have forgot.

Not as smart as she thinks she is indeed Tywin, I'm guessing you didn't pay them back all at once for a reason, a reason that Cersei failed to consider, thinking she was the new Tywin and being desperate to convince everyone else of it. Then again, they might just leave the Iron Bank out of the final episodes completely, to focus on other shit, but they could play a role in Cersei's downfall if they do make an appearance.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu May 02, 2019 5:18 am

brewster wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:56 pm

But why does no one take seriously a "Ferdinand & Isabella" co-equal king and queen?
It could never work. They have completely different management styles.

Jon wants feedback and input. Jon wants to be fair. Jon doesn't want to burn people alive because they might have done something wrong at some point.

Dany doesn't care about any of those things anymore.

Let's say someone gets accused of murder. How does that go down?

Accused: I totally didn't do that. I wasn't even there when it happened, I was in Dorne getting laid.
Jon: We'll have a trial, call witnesses, and find the truth.
Dany: Nah; "DRACARYS!"
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?