How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

jediuser598

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Kath wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:One rule for you and yours, another rule for the rest of us, eh?
No, I agree with him. It's the same reason we don't put the deceased family on the jury.

You have to be impartial without being callous. Nobody thinks clearly when it's grandma on the line. They might get that the other person won't get much value from an extra half million going to get an extra month of not-so-good quality of life, but most won't see it when it's their own.
But you're all perfectly fine with making that decision for other people, but when it's people making that decision for you it's unfair? No. If you do the math, you do it with your own kids in mind. That's fair. I don't buy Carlin's fallacy.
Last edited by jediuser598 on Fri May 05, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 05, 2017 1:09 pm

jediuser598 wrote:That's pretty much what they're saying. If you get sick and the cure is outside of your ability to pay it back? Too bad, so sad, should have made more money. Okee pays his own way, and if he or his gets sick enough that it outstrips his ability to pay? Guess he'll have to stand on principle and let him and/or his die.
Strawman and emotional argument.
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:
No. I'm totally in favor of safety nets, in most areas of life. Medical attention, housing, food, job training, education, addition therapy, you name it, I'm for it.

I'm a major fan of safety nets.

I'm a major critic of the state providing safety nets. The state's safety nets always seem to cradle the super-privileged and super-crooked.
Can you be more specific? If it's not a social safety net, what is it?
What is the referent of "it?" I don't understand.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:In theiry, non-governmental safety nets are a great idea.

Unfortunately, this is 21st century United States, comprende?
So what? Did the 21st century suddenly make Marxism a working theory?

The 21st century is when the United States becomes a majority minority of demographics that largely hate and resent one another. The replacements your betters have selected don't even want to learn to speak English, hombre.

Everything from here on out is identity politics. Everything. All this stuff you are espousing assumes a high-trust, cohesive society. You lost that shit. You need to accept it. Maybe it's a great idea in an alternative universe. I don't know. But in this universe right here, it won't work.

This is New South Africa.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri May 05, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 05, 2017 1:11 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Kath wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:One rule for you and yours, another rule for the rest of us, eh?
No, I agree with him. It's the same reason we don't put the deceased family on the jury.

You have to be impartial without being callous. Nobody thinks clearly when it's grandma on the line. They might get that the other person won't get much value from an extra half million going to get an extra month of not-so-good quality of life, but most won't see it when it's their own.
But you're all perfectly fine with making that decision for other people, but when it's people making that decision for you it's unfair? No. If you do the math, you do it with your own kids in mind. That's fair. I don't buy Carlin's fallacy.
Then you are destined to be a slave.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:In theiry, non-governmental safety nets are a great idea.

Unfortunately, this is 21st century United States, comprende?

The 21st century is when the United States becomes a majority minority of demographics that largely hate and resent one another. The replacements your betters have selected don't even want to learn to speak English, hombre.

Everything from here on out is identity politics. Everything. All this stuff you are espousing assumes a high-trust, cohesive society. You lost that shit. You need to accept it. Maybe it's a great idea in an alternative universe. I don't know. But in this universe right here, it won't work.

That's a better argument for anarchy than for universal Medicare, it seems to me at first. Gotta think about it some more.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 05, 2017 1:23 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:

That's a better argument for anarchy than for universal Medicare, it seems to me at first. Gotta think about it some more.

Do you really think that black, homosexual urbanite in the latest #DearWhitePeople video would want to pay for your daughter's leukemia treatment?

People who want you dead don't generally want to collaborate on the best solution possible. Sorry. You have to settle on the least awful solution most parties can mutually agree upon.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 05, 2017 1:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You have to settle on the least awful solution most parties can mutually agree upon.
How come you're crazy the rest of the time but then poop one of these gems out?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri May 05, 2017 1:58 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
No Jedi.

Nobody, zero people, should ever be put in charge of making decisions like that with their own personal families interest as the base. I'm not making that decision for myself anymore than you should make that decision for your own self.

If we decide that public policy is free healthcare for everyone no matter what the cost, we'll be broke in 15 minutes. You may WANT the state to spend $400,000 so grandma can be alive for 15 more minutes, but anyone who is not related to her knows that's an utter waste of money and has almost no value in return. Deciding by your criteria guarantees us the most expensive system possible.

As I said, this is the same reason you don't put the mother of a dead kid on the jury for the accused.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri May 05, 2017 1:59 pm

Fife wrote:
What is the referent of "it?" I don't understand.
Your in favor of a social safety net but you don't want to fund it. How's that work?
Account abandoned.