Social Justice Warriors Thread

Smitty-48

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:27 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:23 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:23 pm
There was a lot of upside to my broken home too, like I was much closer to my father than most sons get to be, we were like Batman and Robin. We didn't do family trips, my father took me on adventures. And those are amongst the greatest moments of my life now, only being married to my wife has topped it.
I hope to give my boys some of that experience this summer. Time to start the fishing trips this year.
Be advised, my Da would take me anywhere, we walked through the South Bronx when it was Fort Apache, we climbed mountains in Scotland, we smoked dope on an little Island in a wonderland of lakes in Nova Scotia, he didn't treat me like an adult, but he gave me a taste wherever he felt is was worth the stretch.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:30 pm

He snuck me into CBGB's in Manhattan, he took me to see the Rolling Stones at the El Mocambo, we partied with surfers on the beach at Big Sur, my Da liked to party, and if he could sneak me in, he would.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:36 pm

He took me to the Rose Bowl, they were holding a victory parade for the US Army back from Grenada.

There was a moment of quiet, and my Da stands up and shouts "US OUT OF GRENADA!"

100,000 people turned all at once, and mouthed in unison "who the fuck said that?!!"

He was fearless really, except for having to kill people, having to kill someone was the only thing he feared.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:37 pm

Pasadena used to be the domain of Eddie, Alex, Michael and Dave.

Good times.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:40 pm

The best part was, he just stared them down.

So after moment or two, 100,000 people just shrugged and went back to what they were doing; first amendment uber alles.

That was a lesson, as to the greatness of America, in that moment, I glimpsed the republic in all its glory
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:53 pm

It was like, when they first turned and looked, it was "is someone being an asshole just to be an asshole?"

But when he stood his ground on his soapbox, they were like "I guess he's serious, first amendment uber alles"
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Then afterwards, all these California hippies started coming out of the woodwork, walking up the stairs to go the concessions, and they were giving my Da the peace symbol salute and fist in the air "Right on, maaaan!"

At that point I was like "America fuck yeah" Freest country on earth, get some.

Bear in mind, you pull a stunt like that in the United Kingdom, you could be beat to death by a mob of football hooligans.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:42 pm

Gandalf: The Orcs are not to blame, it's the fault of Rivendell, Gondor and the Shire
Actor Ian McKellen defended director Bryan Singer and actor Kevin Spacey against allegations of molesting minors. He blamed society.

"Most of them were in the closet. Hence, all their problems as people and their relationship with other people. If they had been able to be open about themselves and their desires, they wouldn’t have started abusing people in the way they’ve been accused," McKellen said.
https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2019/03/ ... sting.html
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:51 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:42 pm
Gandalf: The Orcs are not to blame, it's the fault of Rivendell, Gondor and the Shire
Actor Ian McKellen defended director Bryan Singer and actor Kevin Spacey against allegations of molesting minors. He blamed society.

"Most of them were in the closet. Hence, all their problems as people and their relationship with other people. If they had been able to be open about themselves and their desires, they wouldn’t have started abusing people in the way they’ve been accused," McKellen said.
IM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:59 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:42 pm

loool this #metoo/molestation clusterfuck is the gift that keeps on giving liberals the opportunity to make gaffes and scurry along a tight rope both denouncing and supporting each other in the same breath. How much you wanna bet than in the next one some real or imagine victim will come forward against him?
Shikata ga nai