TheReal_ND

Re: YouTube stuff

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:13 am

I'm otern

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:14 am

You wish you were that white. :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:18 am

Well, it's quite possible I'm missing something in the equation, but here's what went down as far as I know:
  • 1. Otern criticized MH here. Now, criticism sucks, especially when you're putting hard work into something you believe in, so it's understandable if the target of the criticism takes it a little more personally than an outside observer would.
    2. MH got mad, proceeded to upbraid Otern.
    3. Otern left.
Now, all this happened like a month ago, right? So now Monte is talking about Otern . . . just saying that the user was a guy and left the forum for whatever reasons - totally vanilla type stuff.

MH is mad again, and is now ready to go after Monte?

I have to be missing a piece of this puzzle somewhere. That portion that explains why MH is so angry about this user that the rage bleeds over to other users a month later. That's the part I'm not understanding. What am I missing here?
:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:21 am

I don't remember having mentioned Otern?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:22 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Otern is not a female. He spoke to me elsewhere to ask me if I thought he went too far in his criticism of you.
He did not have his feelings hurt by you he just took the incident as further proof this site was not a place where he could have a reasonable debate.
I think it is a shame, although we frequently disagreed on matters from whaling to immigration or gun control I always enjoyed debating with Otern as he never resorted to name calling and was well informed. He made me change my mind on issues on more than one occassion.
I don't think your outburst was solely responsible for his decision, he had come to his conclusion based on the way many people here post. I partly agree with him but still post here as I have not found anywhere better. PF.com was a disappointment in the end as the partisan bitching was worse than here and a thread could get to 500 posts in a day with very little actual information in it.
Dude, if you're going to gaslight, don't post. (No, really, I mean it.)
I thought it was Monte mentioning Otern in this post that got you pissed off earlier today?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:26 am

Montegriffo wrote:You wish you were that white. :lol:
I am white.

Pure 100% Bavarian phenotype

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:26 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Hey I'm just explaining why you lost Otern. Don't go getting all over sensitive again.
Do you want me to come at you?
If it'll make you feel better to expunge a little anger at me go ahead. I won't take it personaly.
Like DB I'm a little curious why you are taking it so hard. I tried to explain to you at the time that you were being over sensitive and Otern had not meant it in the way you took it.
To me it looked like some helpful constructive criticism.

PAGING DR YOUTH we may have a case for you.... ;)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:27 am

Nukedog wrote:
I am white.

Thought you were part wagon burner?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:29 am

DBTrek wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Otern is not a female. He spoke to me elsewhere to ask me if I thought he went too far in his criticism of you.
He did not have his feelings hurt by you he just took the incident as further proof this site was not a place where he could have a reasonable debate.
I think it is a shame, although we frequently disagreed on matters from whaling to immigration or gun control I always enjoyed debating with Otern as he never resorted to name calling and was well informed. He made me change my mind on issues on more than one occassion.
I don't think your outburst was solely responsible for his decision, he had come to his conclusion based on the way many people here post. I partly agree with him but still post here as I have not found anywhere better. PF.com was a disappointment in the end as the partisan bitching was worse than here and a thread could get to 500 posts in a day with very little actual information in it.
Dude, if you're going to gaslight, don't post. (No, really, I mean it.)
I thought it was Monte mentioning Otern in this post that got you pissed off earlier today?
Monte said other things besides "Otern." He was gaslighting.

p.s. I'm very prosaic about my creativity. I've said multiple times that only 1% (maybe) like my shit. And I Did...
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:30 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Nukedog wrote:
I am white.

Thought you were part wagon burner?
Wagon burners are white