[s]YouTube stuff[/s] cancelled

TheReal_ND

Re: YouTube stuff

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:31 am

de officiis wrote:Drone Captures the Haunting Beauty of Northern Norway’s Mountains
Lofoten, Norway, has a mountainous landscape that may make you wonder if it's real or just a Hollywood movie set. This stunning landscape attracted filmmaker Michael Fletcher to film it by drone throughout midnattssol, or midnight sun, a natural phenomenon that occurs for several weeks during the summer in which the sun appears to never go below the horizon. During this time, the Earth's axis angles the north Arctic toward the sun, creating an effect of a combined sunset and sunrise. Fletcher's compilation immerses us among the mountains with aerial views of northern Norway's mountains.

Gorgeous... Hastur, fill us in on this spectacle
Wrong Viking, for Norway you want Otern but Dr Hash chased him away for daring to criticise his podcast style.
Bloody shame if you ask me, Otern was one of our best thinkers.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:22 am

Montegriffo wrote:Wrong Viking, for Norway you want Otern but Dr Hash chased him away for daring to criticise his podcast style.
Bloody shame if you ask me, Otern was one of our best thinkers.
I learn things from the interactions in this forum, and I'm pretty good at drawing inferences from both the said & the unsaid. Unintentionally, the "Make Martin Famous" campaign was a psychological tsunami. Its stated intent was to increase membership in this forum, but it did just the opposite because it triggered existing forum members who find me odious but were willing to engage despite that. I will not do anything similar again, and there's a chance that after a while some people will drift back.

p.s. This forum was around long before now, and I'll try & balance my needs for it with the members needs.
p.p.s. I'm the best I've seen at hurting people's feelings through words, and in other people's forums that doesn't bother me because fair fight & all that, but it's a talent better left unused here.
p.p.p.s. Otern must be a female, that's why it worked.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:05 am

Otern is not a female. He spoke to me elsewhere to ask me if I thought he went too far in his criticism of you.
He did not have his feelings hurt by you he just took the incident as further proof this site was not a place where he could have a reasonable debate.
I think it is a shame, although we frequently disagreed on matters from whaling to immigration or gun control I always enjoyed debating with Otern as he never resorted to name calling and was well informed. He made me change my mind on issues on more than one occassion.
I don't think your outburst was solely responsible for his decision, he had come to his conclusion based on the way many people here post. I partly agree with him but still post here as I have not found anywhere better. PF.com was a disappointment in the end as the partisan bitching was worse than here and a thread could get to 500 posts in a day with very little actual information in it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:Otern is not a female. He spoke to me elsewhere to ask me if I thought he went too far in his criticism of you.
He did not have his feelings hurt by you he just took the incident as further proof this site was not a place where he could have a reasonable debate.
I think it is a shame, although we frequently disagreed on matters from whaling to immigration or gun control I always enjoyed debating with Otern as he never resorted to name calling and was well informed. He made me change my mind on issues on more than one occassion.
I don't think your outburst was solely responsible for his decision, he had come to his conclusion based on the way many people here post. I partly agree with him but still post here as I have not found anywhere better. PF.com was a disappointment in the end as the partisan bitching was worse than here and a thread could get to 500 posts in a day with very little actual information in it.
Dude, if you're going to gaslight, don't post. (No, really, I mean it.)

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:01 am

Hey I'm just explaining why you lost Otern. Don't go getting all over sensitive again.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:58 am

Montegriffo wrote:Hey I'm just explaining why you lost Otern. Don't go getting all over sensitive again.
Do you want me to come at you?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:06 am

I too am baffled by the whole Otern oversensitivity.
What gives?
You seem to be easily triggered by all things Otern.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:10 am

DBTrek wrote:I too am baffled by the whole Otern oversensitivity.
What gives?
Who R U talking to?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:11 am

DBTrek wrote:I too am baffled by the whole Otern oversensitivity.
What gives?
Otern said Martin wasn't funny. It seems to have really upset him.