What show are you watching right now?

Zero

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Zero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Penner wrote:
Zero wrote:Yeah, I had to take a break after the Defenders, which was solid. Was disappointed with Iron Fist to the point where I stopped watching from boredom. It’s too bad, because I was really keen on the character after the Fraction/Aja series about a decade ago.

Punisher is definitely solid though and worth your time, I think.
I liked Iron Fist. It was fun but it has problems but it wasn't as bad as everyone was saying it and it did get an unfair beating in the press over that "whitewashing/white savior" shit, IMO.

As with The Defenders, I am actually losing interest in The Hand. I mean these were the same dudes who, in the comics, worshiped a demon known only as "The Beast" and they just couldn't make them interesting. At least Madame Gao is still good to watch.
Yeah, that whitewashing stuff was tiresome. But the show was just boring to me.

Now that you mention it, Defenders did get a bit...long. And Gao was definitely the best villain. She had presence, the Hand definitely needs to go.
Hontar: We must work in the world, your eminence. The world is thus.

Altamirano: No, Señor Hontar. Thus have we made the world... thus have I made it.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Zero wrote:
Penner wrote:
Zero wrote:Yeah, I had to take a break after the Defenders, which was solid. Was disappointed with Iron Fist to the point where I stopped watching from boredom. It’s too bad, because I was really keen on the character after the Fraction/Aja series about a decade ago.

Punisher is definitely solid though and worth your time, I think.
I liked Iron Fist. It was fun but it has problems but it wasn't as bad as everyone was saying it and it did get an unfair beating in the press over that "whitewashing/white savior" shit, IMO.

As with The Defenders, I am actually losing interest in The Hand. I mean these were the same dudes who, in the comics, worshiped a demon known only as "The Beast" and they just couldn't make them interesting. At least Madame Gao is still good to watch.
Yeah, that whitewashing stuff was tiresome. But the show was just boring to me.

Now that you mention it, Defenders did get a bit...long. And Gao was definitely the best villain. She had presence, the Hand definitely needs to go.
I do think that The Hand needs to be revamped and since Elektra was seen at the end being the leader- most likely The Hand will be back.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:31 am

Been watching a bunch of Magnum P.I. and The A Team, and picking up on some stuff I didn't quite get as a kid.

For instance, apparently, being a Vietnam vet was totally kick ass and super fun.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:42 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Been watching a bunch of Magnum P.I. and The A Team, and picking up on some stuff I didn't quite get as a kid.

For instance, apparently, being a Vietnam vet was totally kick ass and super fun.
It really incenses me when people talk about the A Team as though it is "kickass." Those guys put their lives on the line every day for our freedom, while you get to make snide comments about them. I might not have been on their team, but I live vicariously through their adventures, and I always gave them the credit they deserved. It was not easy flipping that van. I'm on the fence about blocking you after leaving a comment like this, you sorry son of a bitch. Think long and hard before you post again, because you never know how other people will take your careless comments.
Shikata ga nai

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:00 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Been watching a bunch of Magnum P.I. and The A Team, and picking up on some stuff I didn't quite get as a kid.

It really incenses me when people talk about the A Team as though it is "kickass." Those guys put their lives on the line every day for our freedom, while you get to make snide comments about them. I might not have been on their team, but I live vicariously through their adventures, and I always gave them the credit they deserved. It was not easy flipping that van. I'm on the fence about blocking you after leaving a comment like this, you sorry son of a bitch. Think long and hard before you post again, because you never know how other people will take your careless comments.
Okay, technically... technically, those guys put their lives on the line every day for profit. The government threw them in jail for crimes they didn't commit, so they are mercenaries.

But, yeah, they are pretty cavalier with the 'Murdock is crazy' jokes... which are a lot less funny when you see the necklace of human ears he always wears under his shirt.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

Okay, technically... technically, those guys put their lives on the line every day for profit. The government threw them in jail for crimes they didn't commit, so they are mercenaries.

But, yeah, they are pretty cavalier with the 'Murdock is crazy' jokes... which are a lot less funny when you see the necklace of human ears he always wears under his shirt.
Lets not forget the racial discrimination that Barackus faced. They may have been mercenaries, but they saved the Republic on multiple occasions with their bravery and quickwitted thinking.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:53 pm

It is 5 episodes into stranger things, and they have barely shown this goddamn monster. Absolutely absurd. We don't care about the high school sexual tension or that old pedophile sheriff keeping that girl at his house. Where is the monster? I don't want to hear about the goddamn pumpkin patch anymore.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 pm

I thought that was a boy until almost the finale :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:59 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I thought that was a boy until almost the finale :lol:
Don't spoil anything, but does the season wrap up nicely? So far it is a steep decline from season 1.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:01 pm

heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I thought that was a boy until almost the finale :lol:
Don't spoil anything, but does the season wrap up nicely? So far it is a steep decline from season 1.
I've only watched season 2, but it was very satisfying, yes.

Again though, I'm mainly interested in the setting and backdrop. It's basically a very long, classic horror movie.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0