Social Justice Warriors Thread

TheReal_ND

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:54 pm

Saslaw did nothing wrong. Witch Hunt!

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:51 pm

So, here's my dilemma: as much as I'd like nothing better than a forced resignation over this, I do think that people can change and improve over time, including shedding themselves of prejudicial attitudes. And I have to wonder how many people out there with real political talent are afraid to step up because of something stupid they did years ago. If I'm inclined to forgive people who've made mistakes in the past, then I think I have to be even-handed in my approach.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:57 pm

There is nothing morally wrong with mocking racial differences. If I'm to believe there is nothing morally wrong with teaching children that sexual identification is on a spectrum then what could possibly be wrong with holding personal beliefs in racial differences?

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 pm

de officiis wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:51 pm
So, here's my dilemma: as much as I'd like nothing better than a forced resignation over this, I do think that people can change and improve over time, including shedding themselves of prejudicial attitudes. And I have to wonder how many people out there with real political talent are afraid to step up because of something stupid they did years ago. If I'm inclined to forgive people who've made mistakes in the past, then I think I have to be even-handed in my approach.
I would like to see his views/comments when other politicians were in similar situations. I find folks like these scream the loudest at the opposition until their shit is displayed to the nation, then suddenly beg for forgiveness and asked to be left alone.

If that is the case, then boot his ass.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:41 pm

This is ridiculous. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Fucking children's cartoons used to prominently feature black minstrels I mean this was a normal feature of society. There was a time when people seriously considered the stark differences between the races and sought to amicably reconcile them or at the very least express them through comedy. Now the whole Western world is acting like a bunch of infantile children.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:06 pm

agreed
Bret Easton Ellis Questions ‘Black Panther’ Oscar Nomination for Best Picture: ‘Does It Really Deserve One?’
https://www.thewrap.com/bret-easton-ell ... serve-one/

In the latest, 100th episode of his “B.E.E. Podcast,” available only to paid subscribers, Ellis mused: “No superhero movie has ever gotten a Best Picture nomination. But believe me, Disney is doing everything in its power to make sure this happens. Even though there is no one out here in La La Land I’ve met who thinks ‘Black Panther’ is that good as a movie. Yet, as a piece of representation, they are supporting it.”

“The entertainment press and the studio is selling the notion that ‘Black Panther’ is a grand piece of cinematic art that cannot be ignored. And this notion is being shoved down our throats and we can only smile in disbelief. Or perhaps understand that this is just the moment we’re trapped in. A joke, a hoax. It’s all fake news, folks,” Ellis said.

“Representation is so important to them. And with a huge fatuous inclusivity and diversity push. What the most flattering pose might be in the moment — as if inclusivity and diversity have anything to do with awarding a movie’s merits. Yes, this is the culture the Oscars are pushing, and it is rather nauseating,” he said.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:10 pm

"Agreed" because you are a giant cuck. News flash, black Panthers or whatever the fuck Disney movie it was grossed a huge net gain. It was the biggest. You are a very stupid person for not understanding why. There is nothing wrong with the movie blacked panther

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:11 pm

what

i never saw it but i highly doubt it deserves to be #1 on the top 100 movies of all time list https://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/

net profit doesn't mean best picture

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:13 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:11 pm
what

i never saw it but i highly doubt it deserves to be #1 on the top 100 movies of all time list https://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/
Because you are stupid. You probably think video games that include a racially diverse cast in wwii are a good idea. You probably want the SS to include some negroe women. Because you are very stupid.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:14 pm

yeah ok dude, my post history clearly shows that