DEATH TO THE (((FCC)))

Inshallah

Fife

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 am

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 am

Net Neutrality ain't the Gulag Archipeligo. Focus on real victims of government. Here's a hint: Its not the people making money hand over fist providing a shitty service in their Monopoly area.
Shikata ga nai

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: All that matte5s is the amount you consume, and consumers already pay for a set amount of data.
One could never say you weren't dogmatic in your beliefs.

Its clear to anyone actually trying to understand the system that not all data is equal.

Whether the good out weighs the bad in the realm of data discrimination is very, very debatable, but that different data has different value is plain.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:54 am

As usual we’re clearly too dumb to know our best interests. Thank god the MSM and Twitter are here to “learn” us.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:55 am

DBTrek wrote:Thank god Barack Obama pushed Net Neutrality for the people, and not for big business, right?
:lol:

Wow.

Stupid levels approaching critical mass.
^^^ Just another house nigger speaking up for massuh ISP

Isn't that an Eminem freestylin lyric? Probably should be attributed, not likely it's fair use.

:goteam: :drunk:

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:57 am

heydaralon wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:How does giving even more power to ISP's which have effective local monopolies jive with Libertarian free market ideals? I can't figure that one out. The inadvertent effect of no net neutrality is a de facto censorship of ideas that the gov't (with collusion via ISPs) which also runs square in the face of freedom of expression. As Speaker pointed out, all data is equal, especially when a consumer pays for it every month. Libertarians are big on choice, especially consumer choice, and Net Neutrality revocation flies in the face of that. Some real mental gymnastics going on here...
All data is not equal.
You don't have to live under monopolies.
You don't understand how libertarians think with respect to the rest.
Who are you to tell anyone what data is ideal?
No one. My opinion on what to value is largely irrelevant.
In the same way, my opinion on what a items a grocery store should stock is relevant, only that the grocery store is who should be deciding that and let the market forces of consumer allow the grocery store that best fits their needs to thrive.
If someone pays for a service, they decide what data is most valuable. If you live in an area with one ISP, you do have to live under a monopoly. Try setting up your own ISP and get back to me. I'm sure Comcast or Spectrum will help you with that...
A monopoly environment will always fuck the consumer. Net Neutrality is a bad solution to a symptom. You won't stop being fucked over by Comcast because you achieved net neutrality.

You have to deal with the root cause.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:58 am

We must secure the existence of wrong think and a future for edgy content

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:59 am

DBTrek wrote:As usual we’re clearly too dumb to know our best interests. Thank god the MSM and Twitter are here to “learn” us.
Lool I'm sure that ISPs are totally gonna compete in the free market now. The same way that banks and insurance companies totally want competition and don't expect gov't bailouts. What was so onerous about the internet before they repealed net neutraility? Seriously tell me. The problems I see were usually in the ISP department, not the internet itself. Its like Martin said, the goal of every business is to become a monopoly. It is what it is, but why are you so eager to allow them to get to this goal? Don't create the Communism/Liberty dichotomy either. There is nothing in the interests of ISPs that remotely aligns with the free market. Their business model is quite the opposite in fact.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:01 am

heydaralon wrote:
DBTrek wrote:As usual we’re clearly too dumb to know our best interests. Thank god the MSM and Twitter are here to “learn” us.
Lool I'm sure that ISPs are totally gonna compete in the free market now. The same way that banks and insurance companies totally want competition and don't expect gov't bailouts. What was so onerous about the internet before they repealed net neutraility? Seriously tell me. The problems I see were usually in the ISP department, not the internet itself. Its like Martin said, the goal of every business is to become a monopoly. It is what it is, but why are you so eager to allow them to get to this goal? Don't create the Communism/Liberty dichotomy either. There is nothing in the interests of ISPs that remotely aligns with the free market. Their business model is quite the opposite in fact.

Asking DB for a reasoned argument is just pissing in the wind at this point.