What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:44 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Halt was amazing in first season. Trailed off after that, for me.
Halt was decent in the first season, and got way better from there, the last season was by far the best season of the show, the last four episodes of the series in particular, that's good shit. Started off slow, with Joe McMillian as a sort Don Draper knock off, then the show starts to hit it's stride towards the end of the first season.

Justified has a bit of a slow start in the first season as well, the best season is the second season, the fifth season is a disappointment, then it finishes strong in the sixth and final season.
Wynn Duffy For The Win! Put that character in any TV show, and he'll make it better by reacting to things.

Both shows have really good endings too.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:27 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Halt was amazing in first season. Trailed off after that, for me.
Is the show about Texas Instruments? Its not set in Sillicon Valley correct? These dudes are designing computers in Texas or am I wrong about this?
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:38 am

heydaralon wrote:
Is the show about Texas Instruments? Its not set in Sillicon Valley correct? These dudes are designing computers in Texas or am I wrong about this?
It’s a fictional company, sort of a parallel to TI. There was a bit of a tech hub on Texas, before Silicon Valley existed.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 am

StCapps wrote:
Halt was decent in the first season, and got way better from there, the last season was by far the best season of the show, the last four episodes of the series in particular, that's good shit. Started off slow, with Joe McMillian as a sort Don Draper knock off, then the show starts to hit it's stride towards the end of the first season.

Justified has a bit of a slow start in the first season as well, the best season is the second season, the fifth season is a disappointment, then it finishes strong in the sixth and final season.
Wynn Duffy For The Win! Put that character in any TV show, and he'll make it better by reacting to things.

I loved that character. That guy was awesome.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:57 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
It’s a fictional company, sort of a parallel to TI. There was a bit of a tech hub on Texas, before Silicon Valley existed.
Texas still has a strong tech industry I believe. Why do you think the shift from TX to Cali occurred?

I believe Charlotte NC is also a tech city of sorts. I've never been there, but it seems like a good spot to live.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 am

heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Texas still has a strong tech industry I believe. Why do you think the shift from TX to Cali occurred?

I believe Charlotte NC is also a tech city of sorts. I've never been there, but it seems like a good spot to live.
Yeah, Charlotte has become the East Coast tech hub, in the past few years. I have no idea why, but I think it had to do with some big companies simply choosing to put their offices there.

As for why tech went to Cali, it's pretty much all about Gates/Jobs fucking exploding, when they got ahold of the OS market.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:33 am

Big tech presence in Raleigh/Durham.
Account abandoned.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:59 am

StCapps wrote:

Duffy is great! I like Boyd Crowder as well.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:04 am

heydaralon wrote:Duffy is great! I like Boyd Crowder as well.
Walton Goggins is great in everything he's in, loves me some Boyd Crowder too. Margo Martindale is awesome as Mags Bennett as well, speaking of folks who are great in everything they are in. And like I said, put Wynn Duffy in any TV show, and it's instantly better, best reactions ever.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:36 am

Wynn Duffy is hilarious. He should get his own show tbh. I always root for him over Rayland.
Shikata ga nai