How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

K@th

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by K@th » Fri May 05, 2017 11:26 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Kath wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Medicare for the uninsured.

We need to just do it already.
This gets government out of health care, how, exactly?

It gets government out of private health care.

If you want government out of health care altogether, you should probably stop whining about the uninsured dying from pneumonia, because that's exactly what getting the government out of health care means.

That you don't understand this simple fact really amazes me.
Hold off on your amazement. I'm perfectly aware. I'm trying to work with people who want government out of health care altogether and make it so that people can only get cured if they have saved enough cash. I want to know how that works.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 05, 2017 11:28 am

Kath wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Kath wrote: This gets government out of health care, how, exactly?

It gets government out of private health care.

If you want government out of health care altogether, you should probably stop whining about the uninsured dying from pneumonia, because that's exactly what getting the government out of health care means.

That you don't understand this simple fact really amazes me.
Hold off on your amazement. I'm perfectly aware. I'm trying to work with people who want government out of health care altogether and make it so that people can only get cured if they have saved enough cash. I want to know how that works.
How much cash is enough? How might I reasonably plan for those expenses? How much does it cost?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 05, 2017 11:29 am

People who want the government out of health care altogether are as dumb as the folks who think that having the free market handling health care is the equivalent to letting people die in the streets. How about choosing a solution that isn't dogmatic and instead go with the pragmatic route?
Last edited by StCapps on Fri May 05, 2017 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 05, 2017 11:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Medicare for the uninsured.

We need to just do it already.
You need to differ between those who can't afford to get insured and those that just refuse to... either way, neither should be penalized.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri May 05, 2017 11:32 am

StCapps wrote: The same is true of any country with single payer health care, it doesn't cover everything, especially on the preventative side, anyone who told you it does it does is a fucking liar. Fake News.
whoa.... slow way down there......... name one time I said socialized health care was the be-all and end-all cure to all of our problems.
StCapps wrote:People who want the government out of health care altogether are as dumb as the folks who think that having the free market handling health care is the equivalent to letting people die in the streets. How about a solution that isn't extremist and is actually pragmatic?
That would be ideal, I think, but Okee and the likes don't WANT to give the poor free cough syrup. It makes him sad. He pays his own way, TYVM.
Account abandoned.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 11:33 am

StCapps wrote:People who want the government out of health care altogether are as dumb as the folks who think that having the free market handling health care is the equivalent to letting people die in the streets. How about a solution that isn't extremist and is actually pragmatic?
I don't recall anyone here arguing for it either.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 11:33 am

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote: The same is true of any country with single payer health care, it doesn't cover everything, especially on the preventative side, anyone who told you it does it does is a fucking liar. Fake News.
whoa.... slow way down there......... name one time I said socialized health care was the be-all and end-all cure to all of our problems.
That would be ideal, I think, but Okee and the likes don't WANT to give the poor free cough syrup. It makes him sad. He pays his own way, TYVM.
Kath found a strawman to play with. Asking about feels must have gotten boring.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 05, 2017 11:35 am

StCapps wrote:Creating the strawman of people dying in the steets, that's only argument the feelz crowd around here seems to have. If you don't support the way ObamaCare covers pre-existing conditions, then apparently you want people to die in the streets according to these folks. Fucking Clowns.
Says the fucking toon with free healthcare for life. Stay out of this.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 05, 2017 11:35 am

StCapps wrote:People who want the government out of health care altogether are as dumb as the folks who think that having the free market handling health care is the equivalent to letting people die in the streets. How about choosing a solution that isn't dogmatic and instead go with the pragmatic route?
Come on down, big man. Live with the freedom to die for lack-of-funds.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 05, 2017 11:36 am

Kath wrote:That would be ideal, I think, but Okee and the likes don't WANT to give the poor free cough syrup. It makes him sad. He pays his own way, TYVM.
The best argument against Okee is not to accuse him of wanting to see people die in the streets, that just kills any rational discussion right there. You should be pushing the angle that paying for a federal public option will be cheaper and let him keep more his tax dollars than under current system. You should be pushing the cost saving benefits of a federal public option that will lead to a better free market access to health insurance on top of covering those who don't have private insurance.

It's a win-win for both sides if you take the pragmatic approach, but dogmatic approaches lead to lose-lose situations.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
*yip*