The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Otern

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Otern » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:09 am

Oh joy, another gun is coming my way in the mail.

A Baikal O/U in 12/76. Single trigger, and safety that resets on opening. One of the few ones left after the sanctions on Russia started. And this one will actually be practical for hunting purposes too. Guess I'm going fox hunting this winter.

But now I can sadly just buy one more gun, and it has to be a bolt/pump/lever in .30.06, before I need to apply for a new permit, and then I can probably just apply for two more.

Sometimes, I envy you Americans.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:41 am

:think:

Here's a detailed look at the Army's new sidearm — and how it shoots

Comparing the M9 to the M17, gone are the external hammer, double action and decocker, and in its place is a slick handgun with a streamlined build based on the most modern technology available in pistol operation and design.

Engineers with M17 maker Sig Sauer likened switching from the M9 to trading in a 1980 Pontiac Bonneville station wagon for a 2015 Honda Accord.

“That old car works just fine, but think of how far car design has come in over 30 years,” one Sig official said. “That’s kind of what’s happening here with the M17. Pistol design has come a long way since the 1980s.”

. . .

Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division will reportedly be the first to receive the M17, with more units following closely after. Rumor has it that the M17 and M18 have attracted the attention of the special operations community as well, with SEALs — who recently ditched their Sig P226 handguns for Glocks — particularly digging the ability to tailor the same gun to a variety of missions.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:59 am

I heard some shit about this but can't remember what the contract deal was.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:10 am

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:22 am

DBTrek wrote:

Go Pro, gotta love em
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:54 pm

DBTrek wrote:

Why did he keep approaching it? Something was wrong with that thing. I encountered them up in Idaho and they just bolted.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:56 pm

If I encountered one I'd do the bolting.
I'm not about to f*** with any moose.
No siree Bob.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:58 pm

I am just saying, they usually bolt right as you see them unless you are hiding. At least, that's what they did when I was there. I wouldn't fuck around with no moose either. Those things were huge.

I wonder if that one was insane or had rabies.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:31 am

In NH climbing area parking lot at dusk, a moose walked up alongside my car (which had 5 passengers inside) and stood adjacent for a couple moments.

It was so tall that I could have opened my drivers' side door (with window rolled down) and the door would have swung under the moose stomach with clearance to spare!

So I suppose moose don't always bolt, this one came to us.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:33 am

apeman wrote:In NH climbing area parking lot at dusk, a moose walked up alongside my car (which had 5 passengers inside) and stood adjacent for a couple moments.

It was so tall that I could have opened my drivers' side door (with window rolled down) and the door would have swung under the moose stomach with clearance to spare!

So I suppose moose don't always bolt, this one came to us.
Apparently you had the good sense not to honk at it because you're still alive and posting.
:clap: