NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Nah, I'd take him to replace Hyman on the line with Matthews, then slot Hyman lower down, you're just a fool for not biting on Bracco who is going to be a "poor's man Marner" which is what you said you were looking for.

Obviously I'm not trading Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, or Kadri, for Landeskog, you said it yourself, Landeskog is a grinder, you think you're getting a second overall pick type player, just because you picked a grinder second overall?
I don't buy your Bracco is poor man's Mitch Marner, you're just saying that to fleece me, fuck off. He hasn't even done shit in the NHL yet and I'm suppose to believe some second round pick will turn into that? Don't make me laugh, maybe developing with Babcock as coach he can pull off some kind of miracle in that regard, not on the Avalanche he won't. Going to need some quality draft picks coming back as well before I even think about that trade.

Kadri won't be anywhere near as good on the Avs, and Landeskog will be much better on the Leafs, especially playing with Matthews. I see no point in making that trade, both teams would better off keeping the asset they have, because the Leafs need depth at center, and the Avs are so weak on the wing giving up Landeskog for another center makes little sense. The only players who would actually improve the Avs if they were traded for Landeskog are your untouchables, or some package deal with a good prospect and a couple early round draft picks. If you are unwilling to pay such a price than there is no deal to be had for Landeskog, because it would only hurt the Avs and we aren't going to slit our throats to do you a solid obviously.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:10 pm

If Bracco went back into the draft this year, he'd go in the first round, the Leafs gotta a steal there, he led Kitchener in scoring, got traded to Windsor for a king's ransom, then led Windsor in scoring, he's 12th in scoring in the OHL, 25G-58A-83pts in only 57 games whic makes him the 7th best scorer in the league, points per game is 1.46, he'd be a top ten pick in the draft this year, he outscored Gabe Vilardi who is ranked 4th, first overall Hischier only scored 3 more points than Bracco.

I guess you didn't see him last night in the Mem Cup, putting a whuppin' on the Sea Dogs, set up the first goal, the scored the game winner, both Mitch Marner-eque highlight reel...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/ ... up-opener/

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2017/ ... n-sea-dogs
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:If Bracco went back into the draft this year, he'd go in the first round, the Leafs gotta a steal there, he led Kitchener in scoring, got traded to Windsor for a king's ransom, then led Windsor in scoring, he's 12th in scoring in the OHL, 25G-58A-83pts in only 57 games whic makes him th 7th best scorer i the league points per game is 1.46

I guess you didn't see him last night in the Mem Cup, putting a whuppin' on the Sea Dogs, set up the first goal, the scored the game winner, both Mitch Marner-eque highlight reel...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/ ... up-opener/

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2017/ ... n-sea-dogs
Throw in an early round draft pick or two and I might consider it. You might not want to because you think so poorly of Landeskog, but a straight up deal would be the Leafs absolutely fleecing us and you know it. Even if you think this Bracco kid could develop to be a stud, it's obviously not worth the risk on our end given our inability to develop talent and the hit we'll be taking waiting for it to happen, if it ever does.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:20 pm

It would be the Avs fleecing the Leafs, no way Lou is trading Bracco for Landeskog, he is the poor man's Mitch Marner, and the man is not that poor, in a couple years, the Leafs would be kicking themselves, because Bracco is in the same class as Hischier, he's that good.

People were sleeping on Bracco because he was "too small", but Mark Hunter got a steal, the Leafs traded down, took Bracco in the 2nd, now he's top ten pick material.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:It would be the Avs fleecing the Leafs, no way Lou is trading Bracco for Landeskog, he is the poor man's Mitch Marner, and the man is not that poor, in a couple years, the Leafs would be kicking themselves, because Bracco is in the same class as Hischier, he's that good.

People were sleeping on Bracco because he was "too small", but Mark Hunter got a steal, the Leafs traded down, took Bracco in the 2nd, now he's top ten pick material.
Maybe he'll turn out to be that good on the Leafs, if you're real lucky, but not on the Avs. We suck at developing talent, he'll be nowhere near what he could have been in Toronto playing for Babcock.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Bracco at the WJC for Team USA;

Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Can't develop, can't scout, that's the Avs for you. The few times we do get lucky and get a dope player they want too much and we can't sign them. Free agency is the bane of our existence, any time we get a chance at a rebuild free agency blows it up before we get the chance, see O'Reilly and Stastny.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat May 20, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Like I say, Matthews, Marner, Nylander were no brainers, where Mark Hunter has really earned his pay, is in the later rounds; Brown, Bracco, Dermott, Nielsen, Grundstrom would all go first round in a do over, it's in the later rounds where you have to fill out the team, he's hit on some steals.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Like I say, Matthews, Marner, Nylander were no brainers, where Mark Hunter has really earned his pay, is in the later rounds; Brown, Bracco, Dermott, Nielsen, Grundstrom would all go first round in a do over, it's in the later rounds where you have to fill out the team, he's hit on some steals.
We have far less steals in the late rounds, and most of the ones we do hit on eventually want a fortune and leave when we can't afford to pay them, like O'Reilly and Stastny. Is it any wonder we suck? Our great late draft picks bail for free agency, except Tyson Barrie, but there is still time for him to do the same eventually, just to prove we can't hold onto any of them.

Not only that but we miss on a lot of our top picks, it's fucking brutal.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat May 20, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:57 pm

O'Rielly is great tho, if he's overpaid, it's not by that much, he's worth at least $6-6.5 million, he was Team Canada's best player, Matt Duchene did fuck all, O'Reilly scores more points and is an elite two way, one of the best two way players in the league, and a great leader, heart n' soul glue guy, if Duchene is worth $6 million, and Landeskog is worth $5.5 million, O'Rielly is worth $7.5 million.

The Avs suck, because they traded away their best guy, should have been captain guy, over a measely $500K.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent