Civil War Doomsday Clock

Speaker to Animals

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:37 am

Not a poorly-chosen name.

Federalism sucks.

Contemporary Federalists are just butt-hurt that their antics are on display and the red electorate is not impressed.

They can thank John Roberts, among others.

When it comes to having to choose between federalist judges and cancer, we basically have to eat the shit sandwich. But only for so long as we cannot convince enough state legislatures to vote Yes on a convention.

Even a federalist like Scalia had no trouble granting police extra rights to fuck with Americans, among other abuses.

Federation is the One Ring. Throw it into Mount Doom.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:37 am
Not a poorly-chosen name.

Federalism sucks.

Contemporary Federalists are just butt-hurt that their antics are on display and the red electorate is not impressed.

They can thank John Roberts, among others.

When it comes to having to choose between federalist judges and cancer, we basically have to eat the shit sandwich. But only for so long as we cannot convince enough state legislatures to vote Yes on a convention.

Even a federalist like Scalia had no trouble granting police extra rights to fuck with Americans, among other abuses.

Federation is the One Ring. Throw it into Mount Doom.
+1

Federalism is the frog slowly being warmed in the pot of water
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:54 am

Fife wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:31 am
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
The corrupt process of the 1787 counter-revolution did at least result in some compromises, i.e., the Bill of Rights.

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/about/ ... amendment/

Adoption of the Constitution of 1787 was opposed by a number of well-known patriots including Patrick Henry, Samuel Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and others. They passionately argued that the Constitution would eventually lead to a strong, centralized state power which would destroy the individual liberty of the People. Many in this movement were given the poorly-named tag “Anti-Federalists.”

The Tenth Amendment was added to the Constitution of 1787 largely because of the intellectual influence and personal persistence of the Anti-Federalists and their allies.

It’s quite clear that the Tenth Amendment was written to emphasize the limited nature of the powers delegated to the federal government. In delegating just specific powers to the federal government, the states and the people, with some small exceptions, were free to continue exercising their sovereign powers.

The Tenth Amendment Center is a pretty hip place if you haven't found it before.
It's my 3rd Favorite on the Bill of Rights, Damn Near 2nd favorite.

Love the Xth………………… Sucks it doesn't exist.

Good Post Fife
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:16 am

Good Piece on Internal Power Struggles in the US

They present the main problem to be a peak and now starting decline due to over centralization.

Things we have talked about here they see as symptoms, but the disease is over centralization.

- Concentration of Wealth and an eventual currency crash
- Deep State Civil War
- Political and Social fracturing

The message: To save the Nation, De-Centralize and fast.
https://www.oftwominds.com/blogjuly18/s ... e7-18.html
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:34 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:16 am
Good Piece on Internal Power Struggles in the US

They present the main problem to be a peak and now starting decline due to over centralization.

Things we have talked about here they see as symptoms, but the disease is over centralization.

- Concentration of Wealth and an eventual currency crash
- Deep State Civil War
- Political and Social fracturing

The message: To save the Nation, De-Centralize and fast.
https://www.oftwominds.com/blogjuly18/s ... e7-18.html
Again... smaller govt, means less centralization.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:57 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:34 am

Again... smaller govt, means less centralization.
Yes, but I think there is a brilliant idea that I first saw proposed here.

Realistically, it's very difficult to reduce the size of government. During the 21st Century Depression, 2008 - 2017 (?) the Presidents response was to increase the government size to push Keynsian Economics. I think there is another way.

First, I like Trumps 21st Century government realignment. Second, I love the idea of decentralizing the location of agencies. I think it could be a real winner and very tough to defend politically.

If the POTUS came out and said, the situation in the rust belt is untenable anymore and to increase government responsiveness to the needs we are moving HUD and the EPA to the Rust Belt. Detroit gets HUD, Cleveland the EPA, Michigan gets ATF, Interior goes to Denver, BLM Salt Lake City, etc, etc.

And yes, I'd be whittling down numbers as the transitions are done.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Spreading out agencies will make the coming war even worse. Different agencies will be divided on different sides.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:04 pm

The agencies already have offices everywhere. You'd just be moving the headquarters.

I doubt the Texas EPA boss would side with Detroit against Texas just because his boss has a Detroit area code.

Pretty sure all those bureaucrats would just shelter in place any way.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:13 pm

You guys can

I've declared myself brilliant in an internet forum. You must listen :?
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:16 pm

My suggestion to the centralization problem is to just stop doing it.

At least, only centralize where absolutely necessary (like armed forces and immigration policies). Leave the rest to the states.