What show are you watching right now?

heydaralon

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 pm

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I guessed by the beginning of season 3 they weren't gonna resolve any of these questions.
I guessed that, in the first few episodes. Shit went nowhere, and got uninteresting fast. :snooty:
You're an idiot. Go sit in the corner, you wouldn't good TV if it slapped you in the face.
I was hoping to see more of that one eyed AFTEC deputy. Also I really liked the sleazy office owner. If they had stuck in a few episodes I would have enjoyed that.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Also Kevin's dad is the biggest fuckup in the show. Literally nothing he suggests is of any help lol. Whatsoever. He just makes shit worse. He may have been my favorite character. He basically just harmed people wherever he went and caused problems. I liked his time in Australia.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:35 pm

heydaralon wrote:I was hoping to see more of that one eyed AFTEC deputy. Also I really liked the sleazy office owner. If they had stuck in a few episodes I would have enjoyed that.
Yeah but the expense of what in the last season, there was not a lot of filler there. Don't say instead of The Most Powerful Man in the World (and His Identical Twin Brother), because that would that would not have made for a better episode and would have distracted from the main arch of the last season, which is far more interesting than either of those characters.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:35 pm

heydaralon wrote:Also Kevin's dad is the biggest fuckup in the show. Literally nothing he suggests is of any help lol. Whatsoever. He just makes shit worse. He may have been my favorite character. He basically just harmed people wherever he went and caused problems. I liked his time in Australia.
Kevin Sr was awesome, wildcard bitches! He was my favorite character too, he thinks he's the main character of the story, everything is always about him, lulz. Great performance by Scott Glenn, stepped up big in the third season jumping from a guest star to the main cast.

Every time the show changed locations for the season, it worked out beautifully.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:43 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Also Kevin's dad is the biggest fuckup in the show. Literally nothing he suggests is of any help lol. Whatsoever. He just makes shit worse. He may have been my favorite character. He basically just harmed people wherever he went and caused problems. I liked his time in Australia.
Kevin Sr was awesome, wildcard bitches!
Notice how for the most part, the leftovers universe seems to be a spiritual place. People seem to be miraculously healed, brought back to life, some psychic powers seem to happen, but no one can channel that spiritual energy. Everyone who tries is either a false prophet, or just completely takes the wrong message from it. That dude kept going back into the dream world for answers to banal questions about shoes or to get some stupid song that won't make a difference. Its even weirder because Kevin clearly believes in this spiritual stuff, but he doesn't seem to give a shit about it. I guess you could argue that the hotel was all in his head. In my opinion, the leftovers is hinting at a spiritual reason for the departure, while simultaneously pouring cold water on all the religious ideas of those who are left trying to understand it.

Also, have you heard the theory that everyone who lost a family member or loved one experienced that loss because they secretly wished them to disappear at that moment? If you remember when Nora was going to the transporter, she was remembering her kids. It wasn't a good memory of them. They were screaming: We want food and being little shits. Its kind of interesting for the shows writers to use a bad memory like that, and it seems to reinforce the idea that at that moment she wanted them gone, and feels very guilty that they departed. What are your thoughts on that Capps?
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Sahara (1995) a remake of Humphrey Bogarts 1943 Classic. I didn't know this existed until I stumbled across it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 pm

C-Mag wrote:Sahara (1995) a remake of Humphrey Bogarts 1943 Classic. I didn't know this existed until I stumbled across it.
I like Humphrey Bogart. Personally, I believe The Maltese Falcons is his best film, and one of the best movies to come before the 1970s. Casablanca, the Big Sleep (written by William Faulkner btw crazy as fuck), Key Largo were also great. But the African queen sucked rhinocerous cock. The Caine Mutiny was also really good.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:43 pm

Binging Stranger Things. Season 2 is really good.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:25 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Binging Stranger Things. Season 2 is really good.
+1

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:02 am

Hastur wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Binging Stranger Things. Season 2 is really good.
+1
Slow start, not as good as the first season. I was less disappointed with Season 2 than I expected going in, but still a noticeable drop off from the first year, I just expected more of a drop off than occurred. Season 3 is probably going to suck ass, and have an even bigger drop off than between Season 1 and Season 2, if they do it, which they probably will given the shows popularity.

Bob is awesome though, Sean Austin for the win.

Why they gave Eleven nothing to do until the last two episodes, is beyond me, that was a particularly terrible decision. As was the third last episode of the season, where Eleven hangs out in Chicago for an episode, and leave you on a cliffhanger in the previous episode and don't get around to addressing it until the next episode, god that sucked, and timing of it was even worse. It's like the one time a Netflix original drama tries to put together an honest to god episode of television, instead of an entire season as one long movie, and yet it still sucked ass, so unfortunate.
*yip*