How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

heydaralon

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 05, 2017 9:40 am

School vouchers
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 9:42 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Who was it on the old DCF that had their credit in the shit, and was railing against the system?
That'd be me. One credit agency is reporting that I owe the government 310k. I asked the government if I owed them 310k, they said no. Contested the claim by talking to them on the phone, they said they'd investigate. They investigated, didn't change their reporting. Probably going to sue them, we'll see.

Besides them getting my credit score catastrophically wrong and then lying about it to everybody who pulls my credit (I've had banks deny me bank accounts even when I have $2000 to hand them starting out) my credit score is blank. I don't do financing, don't do credit cards, nothing. I'm glad the system is working for you okee, I'm getting fucked.
All of my disputes have gone very easily. I just closed another one a couple weeks ago. It did take some time to go through the steps, though. The city said I owed them money, I didn't, and we spent about half a year going through the motions of getting it straightened out. Once it was settled, I got an apology from the court clerks and got them to put in writing that I never truly owed them any money. I scanned that letter and sent it to the credit rating folks, and after about two weeks they replied and took it off the report.

During this time I was rightly pissed at the city. This one little thing put red marks on my credit in multiple places. There was the initial debt that screwed my debt to income ratio. There was the derogatory mark for the collection. There were the missed payments because I wasn't paying the money I didn't owe, but I kept my cool when talking to the city, and in the end I came out on top.

Get it in writing from the government, whoever you are dealing with, that you don't owe them money, and that you never did. File a dispute online. The dispute is the easy part.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 9:45 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:Okee, you have kids. You have a bit more exposure to the damage that this is going to cause. One day (god forbid) you might end up in a place where all your savings are gone and your kid's life is on the line, if that ever happens it will put all of this in a much different perspective.

And if such a thing did happen....why should the government force the rest of us to pay for it? Your problem is you want the government to force people to pay for things which you believe they should.

You'll come back and say the rich have enough to go around - News fash - the rich arnt the ones primarily paying for the coming single payer system...its what's left of the middle class...

The fact that you and your acolytes simply fail yo understand this is why we're speeding to a two class society.....the rich and the proles...
It's a government of and for the people. I pay taxes, do you think I want my taxes going for killing brown people and securing oil for greedy companies? No, I want my taxes to go towards healthcare and helping people. I think that's more important than killing/hurting others.

So you want what you want and I want what I want, don't act like I'm *out of line* for saying I want my tax dollars go elsewhere.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 9:51 am

adwinistrator wrote:Jedi, Okee already explained this for you:
As long as it is a business, it should be expected to operate as such.

Your appeals to emotion are wasted. Make a logical argument.

Insurance companies expect to make money, or at the very least break even. Higher cost customers have to be offset, and not all of that cost can be passed to the lower cost customers, nor could you morally argue that it should.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 9:55 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Let's break up.
End suffrage.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 05, 2017 9:55 am

Kath wrote:Is this thing going to pass the Senate? If we go back to the old way, are prices going to start going down or will they continue to rise like they were rising before ACA?
The Conservative wrote:
If they actually did RomneyCare instead of the ObamaCare bloat bill, a lot of people would not be pissed off.
How are they dramatically different, other than size & scope?
Beyond the fact that RomneyCare had complete agreement between Republicans and Democrats passing? It took into consideration the increase of cost, and found a way to keep it down, unlike what has happened under ObamaCare. We were able to keep our doctors under RomneyCare, but some of us had to move under ObamaCare.

Beyond that, I think that RomneyCare actually worked well, it wasn't perfect and things were changed on the fly to perfect them, but once a mistake or an issue was found out, it was corrected. ObamaCare is so massive that you change one thing on it, everything else nearly collapses around it.

Also, lets be honest here. Health Care is not the issue here, health insurance is.
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 9:56 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:Hey Zlax, we live in a Republic. We vote for things. Just because you think you have a divine mandate that all your opinions are correct, doesn't mean you do.
We voted for Trump. We voted to repeal Obamacare. We won.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 05, 2017 9:59 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Let's break up.
End suffrage.

While women have shown themselves mostly unable to govern or make survivable political decisions, lots of men are little better now.

We have to drastically limit the vote and limiting it based merely upon gender or property ownership will be insufficient to turn this around.

Furthermore, the city states (and that's what they are becoming) need to be let loose as their own entities.

This would allow us to redraw the internal borders of the rest of our nation along cultural boundaries. Let the distinct cultural regions govern themselves internally as they see fit. Let the city states go. The federal government should be limited to war and foreign policy. The only enfranchised people in that should be veterans.

With respect to the cities.. it's becoming apparent that the only way these large urban areas have ever survived is by subjugating the surrounding countrysides. Let them go. I suspect most of them, if left on their own, would die off naturally. A few of them would manage it and become something like Singapore.

Let the cities be the multicultural marxist paradise. Keep it quarantined. If people want to live like that, they have a window of opportunity to emigrate from the rest of America. No coming back, though..

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_ ... ligibility

Do you honestly think that only people over 65 need medical care, or do you just want to combine the two programs?

Or should I just stop trying to take you seriously?
What do you mean by your post? Are you arguing against medicare?
ugh... no.

StA proposed that 'if you can't afford insurance, then just join Medicare'. Which nobody can do unless 65 years old, or in need of kidneys.

I said "You meant Medicaid, right"? And he proceeded to call me a dumbass for some reason, and continue being an idiot. Stupid poo-poo face.
he has said repeatedly that he thinks a medicare for all option is a reasonable option. not that it's ideal, but acceptable given the current options.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri May 05, 2017 10:11 am

The Conservative wrote:

Beyond that, I think that RomneyCare actually worked well, it wasn't perfect and things were changed on the fly to perfect them, but once a mistake or an issue was found out, it was corrected. ObamaCare is so massive that you change one thing on it, everything else nearly collapses around it.

Also, lets be honest here. Health Care is not the issue here, health insurance is.
I asked what was different besides size & scope, and your answer amounts to the difference is size & scope.

MA has 7 million people. You can't compare that to caring for 300 million people.
Account abandoned.