What show are you watching right now?

Fife

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Fife » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.
Seriously silly, kinda cute, mostly fun--if I smoked weed, I'd probably light up for this show, maybe enjoy some hot decaf tea and a few Lorna Doones. It's worth a try. :drool:
Perhaps you've heard of it; tis Lorna Doone?

Howya doin? When he said snifter, he wasn't kiddin.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:16 pm

Just finished Quarry.

It was good shit.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:25 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Things are getting weird.
Tip of the iceberg on the weird tip. The weirder it gets, the better it gets. Eventually you'll learn to stop worrying and love the weird, that feeling will likely become cemented sometime around International Assassin, but it started to dawn on me a bit earlier in the second season, but it became glaringly obvious after that episode that I should actually be cheering for the show to get weirder and weirder, because it works out so damn well every time that it does. And then Season 3 happened, and I was proven 100% right about approaching The Leftovers with that attitude, what a delightfully weird season of television that was.

About to finish the first season of The Deuce, I'm throwing the episode on right now.
Capps are you leading me down the garden path with the Leftovers? They still have not explained what the fuck is going on at all between the cult and dog killings. These people are a bunch of fucking weirdos.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:48 pm

heydaralon wrote:
StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Things are getting weird.
Tip of the iceberg on the weird tip. The weirder it gets, the better it gets. Eventually you'll learn to stop worrying and love the weird, that feeling will likely become cemented sometime around International Assassin, but it started to dawn on me a bit earlier in the second season, but it became glaringly obvious after that episode that I should actually be cheering for the show to get weirder and weirder, because it works out so damn well every time that it does. And then Season 3 happened, and I was proven 100% right about approaching The Leftovers with that attitude, what a delightfully weird season of television that was.

About to finish the first season of The Deuce, I'm throwing the episode on right now.
Capps are you leading me down the garden path with the Leftovers? They still have not explained what the fuck is going on at all between the cult and dog killings. These people are a bunch of fucking weirdos.
How dare you criticize such an amazing artistic endeavor. Leftovers breaks new ground in cinematic achievement, simply by existing. Or so I’m told.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm

heydaralon wrote:Capps are you leading me down the garden path with the Leftovers? They still have not explained what the fuck is going on at all between the cult and dog killings. These people are a bunch of fucking weirdos.
Embrace the weird, you'll see, gets better and better as it goes. Best show on television this year, that third season, I'm telling you, that's straight dope right there. During the second season it was one of the best shows on TV as well.

Don't listen to Grumpy, he makes retarded TV watching decisions all the time, he still watches House of Cards, hasn't seen The Wire and stopped watching The Leftovers. What a schmuck.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Its not a bad show. The writing is good, it is shot well and they keep you guessing. I'm just worried that the exposition at the end will not be as spectacular as they are building it up to be. I'm definitely finishing the first season, and then decide where to go on from there. Capps: Do they at least give some answers by the end of season 1?

You said its made by the same guy who did Lost. I never watched that show, but the common complaint was that ending was lousy. Do you feel that way about Leftovers? Did they wrap everything up nicely?
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:15 pm

heydaralon wrote:Its not a bad show. The writing is good, it is shot well and they keep you guessing. I'm just worried that the exposition at the end will not be as spectacular as they are building it up to be. I'm definitely finishing the first season, and then go on from there. Capps: Do they at least give some answers by the end of season 1?
The show answers some questions, while leaving a lot of shit unanswered. You find out a lot more about key players in Guilty Remnant later in the season, specifically Laurie and Patti, if that's what you mean. They switch the theme song starting in the second season, you'll dig it. Trust me I didn't expect the show to be anywhere near as good as it was in third season after watching the first season, it was a pleasant surprise the show took a notable jump in the second season and then closed as strong as it did in the third with yet another jump up in quality.

After International Assassin, I knew this wasn't just another good TV show in my rotation, it was one of the best shows on TV period. The Leftovers sneaks up on you, the show has a way of surpassing your expectations with every weird turn that it takes, as it really gets rolling. If you haven't noticed that quite yet, you will soon enough.

heydaralon wrote:You said its made by the same guy who did Lost. I never watched that show, but the common complaint was that ending was lousy. Do you feel that way about Leftovers? Did they wrap everything up nicely?
Lindelof learned a lot of valuable lessons when he screwed up that Lost ending. In Lost they tried to answer too many of the shows many mysteries, and did so in unsatisfactory ways, that were also not true to the ethos of the show. In The Leftovers they answer what needs to be answered, and leave all the right shit open to interpretation, a perfect balance that Lost's last season and ending were sorely lacking. Hell Lindelof even learned a satisfactory way to explain a tattoo, the most shocking thing of all, if you've seen Lost.

Anyway, Lost is still a really good show, even though they couldn't nail the landing, pun intended. The show is about a plane crash, do you get it?

The Leftovers ending is awesome, the whole last season, every damn episode, a joy to watch. Better than the first season of The Deuce even, shit you not.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Classic Kirk Douglass

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:34 am

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Its not a bad show. The writing is good, it is shot well and they keep you guessing. I'm just worried that the exposition at the end will not be as spectacular as they are building it up to be. I'm definitely finishing the first season, and then go on from there. Capps: Do they at least give some answers by the end of season 1?
The show answers some questions, while leaving a lot of shit unanswered. You find out a lot more about key players in Guilty Remnant later in the season, specifically Laurie and Patti, if that's what you mean. They switch the theme song starting in the second season, you'll dig it. Trust me I didn't expect the show to be anywhere near as good as it was in third season after watching the first season, it was a pleasant surprise the show took a notable jump in the second season and then closed as strong as it did in the third with yet another jump up in quality.

After International Assassin, I knew this wasn't just another good TV show in my rotation, it was one of the best shows on TV period. The Leftovers sneaks up on you, the show has a way of surpassing your expectations with every weird turn that it takes, as it really gets rolling. If you haven't noticed that quite yet, you will soon enough.

heydaralon wrote:You said its made by the same guy who did Lost. I never watched that show, but the common complaint was that ending was lousy. Do you feel that way about Leftovers? Did they wrap everything up nicely?
Lindelof learned a lot of valuable lessons when he screwed up that Lost ending. In Lost they tried to answer too many of the shows many mysteries, and did so in unsatisfactory ways, that were also not true to the ethos of the show. In The Leftovers they answer what needs to be answered, and leave all the right shit open to interpretation, a perfect balance that Lost's last season and ending were sorely lacking. Hell Lindelof even learned a satisfactory way to explain a tattoo, the most shocking thing of all, if you've seen Lost.

Anyway, Lost is still a really good show, even though they couldn't nail the landing, pun intended. The show is about a plane crash, do you get it?

The Leftovers ending is awesome, the whole last season, every damn episode, a joy to watch. Better than the first season of The Deuce even, shit you not.
On Season 2 now Capps. They still haven't explained much lol, but I must admit, I'm intrigued. Its in Texas now.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:36 am

I'm going into work late today cuz I'm finishing up the first episode of season 2 right now, I shit you not.
Shikata ga nai