NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Fife

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Fife » Sat May 20, 2017 11:04 am

Not the tweet I wanted to see before Game 5 back at Anaheim.

Time for the D to take it up yet another notch.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 11:08 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Tyler Bozak > Matt Duchene, I mean, since you're so into saving cap room, "$1.5 million in the bank, baby, whoopee!"
I'd rather have Jost or Compher, than Bozak or Duchene as my second line center on the Avs, talk about saving cap room. Trade Duchene for defense, play the kids. That's how I'd roll anyway.

We still have that overpaid bum Soderberg for $4.75 million a year at center too, now there's a move you can shit all over Sakic for. A boneheaded free agent signing if ever there was one.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:15 am

What defence are going to get for Duchene? Duchene is the new Jordan Eberle, I doubt anybody is going to give up a top 4 D for a soft, small, one dimensional overpaid center in decline, if you want a young D-man of quality, it's gonna cost you a Jost, that's what you're going to have to put on the table, you're like a typical Leafs fan up here, thinking that other teams are going to trade you their quality assets in return for your junk.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 11:19 am

Smitty-48 wrote:What defence are going to get for Duchene? Duchene is the new Jordan Eberle, I doubt anybody is going to give up a top 4 D for a soft, small, one dimensional overpaid center in decline, if you want a young D-man of quality, it's gonna cost you a Jost, that's what you're going to have to put on the table, you're like a typical Leafs fan up here, thinking that other teams are going to trade you their quality assets in return for your junk.
Duchene is way better the Jordan Eberle, and has much higher trade value. Duchene had a bad year and has had terrible coaching for years, he'll do much better playing elsewhere, especially on a well coached team where he isn't expected to be one the main leaders. I don't want him because we need defense, and he hates playing here, but Duchene isn't actually anywhere near as bad as he's looked as of late, but he isn't developing like we had hoped either.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:26 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:What defence are going to get for Duchene? Duchene is the new Jordan Eberle, I doubt anybody is going to give up a top 4 D for a soft, small, one dimensional overpaid center in decline, if you want a young D-man of quality, it's gonna cost you a Jost, that's what you're going to have to put on the table, you're like a typical Leafs fan up here, thinking that other teams are going to trade you their quality assets in return for your junk.
Duchene is way better the Jordan Eberle, and had much higher trade value. Duchene had a bad year and has terrible coaching for years, he'll do much better playing elsewhere.
Duchene is too small to be a #1, too expensive to be a number #2, and too soft and weak defensively to be an elite #3, he's a tweener, and he's only got two years left on the contract, his value is not what you're thinking, you're not going to get a quality young asset out of anybody, for Matt Duchene, it's like Leaf fans saying "trade JVR for Josh Manson!", as if Anahiem would ever do that, get real, same-same with Duchene, you're not getting D-man of quality for Duchene, you're gonna have to trade overpriced junk for overpriced junk, you might be able to get the Nuge out of Edmonton, something like that, you want to dump a player, the other team wants to dump a comparable player, that's the only way to be rid of Duchene.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat May 20, 2017 11:29 am

Bäckström and Nylander...
:dance: :dance: :clap:

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 11:31 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Duchene is too small to be a #1, too expensive to be a number #2, and too soft and weak defensively to be an elite #3, he's a tweener, and he's only got two years left on the contract, his value is not what you're thinking, you're not going to get a quality young asset out of anybody, for Matt Duchene, it's like Leaf fans saying "trade JVR for Josh Manson!", as if Anahiem would ever do that, get real, same-same with Duchene, you're not getting D-man of quality for Duchene, you're gonna have to trade overpriced junk for overpriced junk, you might be able to get the Nuge out of Edmonton, something like that, you want to dump a player, the other team wants to dump a comparable player, that's the only way to be rid of Duchene.
I'll take a solid defensive prospect who haven't played much, if any, NHL hockey yet, but they are likely to pan out as a top four defensemen, be nice to get a draft pick of some kind as a cherry on top too.

I'd be cool with that. Come on someone like Montreal, be retarded.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat May 20, 2017 11:37 am

OK, puck experts, I've been looking the last two days for some kind of encouragement about how Laviolette is going to fill Joey's skates.

What do you all think of Jarnkrok's chances?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/artic ... r-playoffs

BTW, here's a good pic of Titans LT Taylor Lewan from Game 4. Bridgestone is a fun place to be.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:37 am

Hastur wrote:Bäckström and Nylander...
:dance: :dance: :clap:
See Billy win the draw clean on that second goal? Surprisingly good at faceoffs, Babcock's not going to let him play center in the NHL until he bulks up, but he will be the #2 behind Matthews in a couple years, noo doot aboot it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 11:38 am

I think you're fucked Fife. Isn't Mike Fisher out too?
*yip*