Public School Education System Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:52 am

Well, I guess the education-industrial complex is breaking down, just not how I imagined it would.

Future job certification will be handled online or on the job, and we'll be better for it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:58 am

Fife wrote:California continues kicking ass:

California State University to End Placement Exams and Remedial Classes for Freshmen
The eradication of high standards for California's public education students continues apace. In a few years, students will be able to enter the university, and then likely graduate with a "four-year degree," without any foundation or completion of rigorous math, sciences, and languages.

Educational officials no doubt are dealing with a wave of unprepared students, thrust into the system by the massive open immigration we've had for the last few decades. It's really reaching critical mass. When I started teaching at Long Beach City College in fall of 2000, fully one-third of students enrolled came from a traditional white working-class background. I thought that was minuscule at the time, but now the number's down to about 13 percent white students.

There's nothing wrong with the diversity. In fact, Latinos at my college are more than half of the student population, and they're totally fine. Many, though not all, are indeed very outstanding. On the other hand, I'm having more and more students ---- including many Asians ---- who literally do not speak English. I don't know how they expect to succeed. But they're here and this is the reality in California.
Ummm... WTF?!
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:17 am

If that was my daughter, he'd be in the IC Unit right now.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:22 am

Shut em down.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:24 am

Sure, it's cool when a man does it, huh? :lol:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:32 am

Splits are fine to learn to do. You learn them through progressions. You don't just ripe people's ligaments in half.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:33 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Splits are fine to learn to do. You learn them through progressions. You don't just ripe people's ligaments in half.
Didn't watch the whole thing. Was there permanent/ semi-permanent damage?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:36 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Splits are fine to learn to do. You learn them through progressions. You don't just ripe people's ligaments in half.
Didn't watch the whole thing. Was there permanent/ semi-permanent damage?

They were only 13, so the damage can be dealt with with rehab. If you do that to an adult, there could easily be some permanent damage.

I don't understand how somebody like this could get that job and not understand progressive exercises. Everything in gymnastics and calisthenics is about progression. You don't just hop into a handstand and then fold your legs through your arms into an l-sit. You have to break things down into components and progressively build up to the more complex moves. Likewise, to become flexible, you have progressively stretch your muscles and ligaments over a long period of time. The same is true for resistance training. Do you just hop onto the bench press loaded with 320 lbs worth of plates and try to press that shit as a beginner? Who doesn't understand this concept?

In that interview, one of the girls was clearly overweight and probably was not capable of doing splits anyway. It's just crazy.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:43 am

I am already starting some of the progressions myself so I can do some of the cooler handstand moves on the parallettes.

It's not torture.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:39 pm

I've started typing out some commentary on this about five times now. Each time I've just had to delete what I was thinking. Maybe I'll come up with something printable later.

After Trans Discussion, Kindergartener ‘Came Home Crying And Shaking So Afraid She Could Turn Into A Boy
Angry parents stampeded a California charter school board meeting Monday after a teacher read her kindergarten class picture books about transgenderism to affirm a gender dysphoric classmate. During the class, parents say, the gender dysphoric boy also switched clothes to look more like a girl in a “gender reveal.”

Parents were not notified beforehand of the discussion or the classmate’s psychological condition, and learned about it when their confused kindergarteners arrived home from school that day.