The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:14 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
  • v1.0 (Demo)
    Released 27th April, 2015. First official release.

v0.90.0 (First Beta Release) 15 December 2014

v0.25 7 October 2014

v0.24.2 25 July 2014 This is where Okee bought KSP

v0.24.1
    v0.24
    v0.23.5
    v0.23
    v0.22
    v0.21.1
    v0.21
    v0.20.2
    v0.20.1
    v0.20
    v0.19.1
    v0.19.0
    v0.18.4
    v0.18.3 (Demo)
    v0.18.2
    v0.18.1
    v0.18.0
    v0.17.1
    v0.17
    v0.16
    v0.15.2
    v0.15.1
    v0.15
    Released 17th May, 2012
    :lol:
    New
    The Spaceplane Hangar Facility, allows you to build vehicles horizontally, and launch them from a Runway
    They didn't even have spaceplanes yet, and he's in here pretending he doesn't do early-access.

v0.14.4 This is where Grumps bought into the early-access alpha demo/scam. Long before the alpha was feature complete.
    Released 3rd April, 2012
I said I don't "pre-order". I will pay early access, for a game that's in active development, and promises me all future updates to come.

SC doesn't appear to do that, nor does it have much of anything in the way of gameplay. The most telling thing about it, is that they've invested SO much time into making it pretty, ahead of finishing the actual mechanics. That's a scam in progress, unless I'm very mistaken indeed.

Re KSP: Spaceplanes weren't, and still aren't, part of the core gameplay. They're a rather advanced level of play, that most still haven't figured out. I can't say that the initial alpha was a 'complete game', but it certainly featured more to do than SC does. What do you have right now, some cockpits, that you can fly around like a WW2 fighter, and dock with 2-3 completely empty stations? That's not a game, my friend.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:15 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:SC modeled hundreds of spaceships they sold to victims of this scam. You can sort of "fly" around extremely limited demos with you pixel spaceship, but that in no way constitutes a game.

To call this an alpha release, even, is a abomination.
You're right. I mispoke. SC is in pre-alpha. Now go look up what pre-alpha means, because it's clear you're a little fuzy on these terms.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:17 pm

I didn't say it has all the features. I said the core software architecture is built and the core game is running, though perhaps with lots of defects.

SC is not that. Not by a lightyear.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:21 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:SC modeled hundreds of spaceships they sold to victims of this scam. You can sort of "fly" around extremely limited demos with you pixel spaceship, but that in no way constitutes a game.

To call this an alpha release, even, is a abomination.
You're right. I mispoke. SC is in pre-alpha. Now go look up what pre-alpha means, because it's clear you're a little fuzy on these terms.
Now look at the record for games that spend a decade in "pre-alpha" status. :lol:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:23 pm

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:25 pm

That medieval game just posted in the thread looks far more complex than SC. Did you see the videos on combat and all the history-based weapons and gameplay?

Did they spend the past ten years in pre-alpha??

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:solid points made in discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_re ... nt_be_the/
I will be curious whether they simply sell off the IP to EA, or release another No Man's Sky disaster... :lol:

Don't feel bad, Okee. I fell for the NMS scam, along with everybody else.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:31 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:solid points made in discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_re ... nt_be_the/
I will be curious whether they simply sell off the IP to EA, or release another No Man's Sky disaster... :lol:

Don't feel bad, Okee. I fell for the NMS scam, along with everybody else.

They just took out huge business loans using the game assets as collateral. My guess is that their plan is to burn through the rest of the donations, miss some loan payments, and just let the bank take over so they can walk away. I think there is still a chance they can catch charges, so I'd walk away all the way to a non-extradition country if I was one of them.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:34 pm

Looks like the Art of the Deal has extended to game marketing now. EA promises to 'tone down' the loot crates, and has reverted to a totally-not-premade Battlefield system of unlocks (plus loot crates).

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/1 ... nt-2532115
EA detailed the new progression plan in a blog post today:

Epic Star Cards, the highest tier of Star Cards available at launch, have been removed from Crates. To help keep everyone on a level playing field, these Star Cards will primarily be available through crafting, with the exception of special Epic Star Cards available through pre-order, deluxe, and starter packs.
You’ll need to reach a certain rank to craft upgraded Star Cards. You won’t be able to buy a bunch of Crates, grind everything up into crafting materials, and immediately use them to get super powerful Star Cards. You can only upgrade the ability to craft higher tier Star Cards by ranking up through playing the game.
Weapons are locked behind specific milestones. While a select few will be found in Crates, the rest can only be attained by play. Want to unlock a new weapon for your Heavy? Play as a Heavy and you’ll gain access to the class’s new weapons.
Class-specific gear and items can be unlocked by playing as them. As you progress through your favorite class, you’ll hit milestones granting you class-specific Crates. These will include a mix of Star Cards and Crafting Parts to benefit your class’s development.

Look, we’ve designed this activity for you to enjoy – it’s just $60! (plus tax)

Now, when you play it, you can either spend 100 hours on it, losing and replaying, ORRRRRRR>..
For just $5, we’ll sell you some pretend lottery tickets, that you can use to maybe, hopefully get a useful unlock that will allow you to play more effectively!
Of course, you want to win the game against those silly people that are all still grinding, right? Because that means that you’re a Very Good Player, and should feel good about yourself.

LINE UP, KIDS!!! :rubs his hands together:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:41 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I said I don't "pre-order". I will pay early access, for a game that's in active development, and promises me all future updates to come.

SC doesn't appear to do that, nor does it have much of anything in the way of gameplay. The most telling thing about it, is that they've invested SO much time into making it pretty, ahead of finishing the actual mechanics. That's a scam in progress, unless I'm very mistaken indeed.

Re KSP: Spaceplanes weren't, and still aren't, part of the core gameplay. They're a rather advanced level of play, that most still haven't figured out. I can't say that the initial alpha was a 'complete game', but it certainly featured more to do than SC does. What do you have right now, some cockpits, that you can fly around like a WW2 fighter, and dock with 2-3 completely empty stations? That's not a game, my friend.
Active development? Check

Promises all future updates to come? Check

What are you talking about?

Forget space planes, KSP launched alpha with only one rocket that could only attach to one fuel tank. Got that? That's all it was. One rocket, one tank, one planet, one point of light to simulate the sun, and nearly impossible to achieve orbit around a planet that vanished if you got too far from it.

Now, from your summary of SC is, it's clear you don't know what you're talking about either.

So here's what's playable right now:
  • Dozens of flyable ships. Not cockpits. Full ships.
    Four different hangars where you can crawl in and out and all about, not cockpits, ships.
    Two dogfighting arenas
    Three race tracks
    Two FPS arenas
One Planetary system with:
  • Two bases of operations for lawful vs criminal players with shops for guns and armor.
    A dozen comm sats for dueling with pirates
    Security outpost where players with criminal status try to erase their criminal history before lawful players who've accepted jobs as security find and kill them.
    A half dozen or so fuel/ammo/repair stations for ship maintenance.
    Dozens of missions for search and rescue, private investigator, restoring derelict satellites to operation, bounties for criminal players, etc
And 1.9 million players ensuring that there are always other people to play with.

Tell me again how KSP launched with one rocket and one fuel tank, but was more of a game than SC. It's funny every time.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751