Another School Shooting

StCapps

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:53 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Yes, so at some point, the US Government just gives up and quits? "You guys harassed us too much, we surrender!!!"

Not even in a muslim's wet dream.
Don't need them to surrender. Did Vietnam need the US to surrender to win that war? No, they didn't.
/shrugs
LOL The central US government was not threatened by Vietnam. In an insurgency, you do not win while the government stands. You either form a new government, or you fail. There are no other conditions.

And yes, the south Vietnamese did surrender, once the US pulled out.
The insurgency doesn't need to threaten the government to the point where it's survival is in jeopardy to win. Doesn't have to be a civil war with two governments fighting it out for the insurgency to win. The US government will still be deterred quite effectively by a heavily armed populace. You want to pretend like it's futile and the government will win instantly, but that is not what would happen at all, recent history shows that assessment to be completely laughable.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:54 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Pointing out that it's incredibly futile is not akin to supporting tyranny. Just be realistic about it. Your little shooting tubes and fellow rednecks wouldn't be worth fuck-all against the power of the Great American Empire.
NVA on line 3. derp
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:54 pm

When you put a warhead in the payload of a rocket and plan it's flightpath to return to Earth and crash at a certain location.. it's a fucking missile, genius.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
You are stupid. To operate a police state one would need actual boots on the ground. A fighter jet can't perform house to house raids. A rocket launcher can't secure critical infrastructure. The little logistical things for a tyranny are difficult.
Ok. Build up any level of small arms arsenal that you like. See how long you can hold off the local PD, let alone the Feds. And that's LONG before the National Guard gets involved.

This fantasy just never dies, despite the absolute futility of it.
So I guess the Taliban resistance was over in five minutes. You know, seeing as they don't have any nukes or fighter jets. derp
Sure, you can get plenty of insurgent fighters against an invading army. And they can be a pain in the ass for a long time. But they will never "win". And we aren't talking about a foreign invasion. In fact, we aren't even talking about a religious conflict either. Or oil.

But yeah..
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Ok. Build up any level of small arms arsenal that you like. See how long you can hold off the local PD, let alone the Feds. And that's LONG before the National Guard gets involved.

Who is to say they execute any orders? Who is to say it is just me ?Who is to say they don't join me? It may be a long shot, it maybe statically futile it doesn't abrogate my rights. Everyone saw that gunman do what he did there maybe video of it a conviction is all but guaranteed, he still has a right to a trial and all the rights that go with that. I might lose but I am going to take some muthfucker with me.
Ruby Ridge. Waco. Bundy Rance. Et cetera. There has never been any hesitation to massacre civilians, when ordered to do so. Amazing that the last one didn't turn out that way, frankly.

Come on, that was a hanging softball.
They didn't attack the Bundys. derp
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:56 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

So I guess the Taliban resistance was over in five minutes. You know, seeing as they don't have any nukes or fighter jets. derp
Sure, you can get plenty of insurgent fighters against an invading army. And they can be a pain in the ass for a long time. But they will never "win". And we aren't talking about a foreign invasion. In fact, we aren't even talking about a religious conflict either. Or oil.

But yeah..
Conquering the US isn't the only victory condition, you're an idiot.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:When you put a warhead in the payload of a rocket and plan it's flightpath to return to Earth and crash at a certain location.. it's a fucking missile, genius.
Right, so I'm wondering how many warheads he has. Should have at least a few little nukes around, being the richest guy in the world, and all.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Who is to say they execute any orders? Who is to say it is just me ?Who is to say they don't join me? It may be a long shot, it maybe statically futile it doesn't abrogate my rights. Everyone saw that gunman do what he did there maybe video of it a conviction is all but guaranteed, he still has a right to a trial and all the rights that go with that. I might lose but I am going to take some muthfucker with me.
Ruby Ridge. Waco. Bundy Rance. Et cetera. There has never been any hesitation to massacre civilians, when ordered to do so. Amazing that the last one didn't turn out that way, frankly.

Another victory for reading comprehension.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:

They ambushed some of their crew last time.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:57 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Yes, so at some point, the US Government just gives up and quits? "You guys harassed us too much, we surrender!!!"

Not even in a muslim's wet dream.
Don't need them to surrender. Did Vietnam need the US to surrender to win that war? No, they didn't.
/shrugs
LOL The central US government was not threatened by Vietnam. In an insurgency, you do not win while the government stands. You either form a new government, or you fail. There are no other conditions.

And yes, the south Vietnamese did surrender, once the US pulled out.
Yeah and what tactics did they use. How many rocket launchers did the NVA have? How could the government identify friend or foe? Washington is literally a swamp it knows to stay relevant it has to keep feeding, it has no interest in pissing off a relevant number of its food supply.