What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:30 pm

heydaralon wrote:Capps, what did you think of the last episode of the Deuce? Slim Charles strikes again! I'm bummed out that there is only one episode left in the season.
Slim Charles was always good at taking out someone who had it coming, it's just a shame that Reggie Love didn't watch The Wire and pissed off the wrong fry cook. I'll miss that guy, he was my favorite pimp.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:32 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Capps, what did you think of the last episode of the Deuce? Slim Charles strikes again! I'm bummed out that there is only one episode left in the season.
Slim Charles was always good at taking out someone who had it coming, it's just a shame that Reggie Love didn't watch The Wire and pissed off the wrong fry cook. I'll miss that guy, he was my favorite pimp.
He became a huge asshole as the show went on. Cici is the second biggest asshole. Ironically, Larry Brown, who had the reputation for being the most violent, seemed to become a more sympathetic character as the show went on. Rodney seems to be the most easy going one, aside from Richie.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:38 pm

heydaralon wrote:He became a huge asshole as the show went on. Cici is the second biggest asshole. Ironically, Larry Brown, who had the reputation for being the most violent, seemed to become a more sympathetic character as the show went on. Rodney seems to be the most easy going one, aside from Richie.
Indeed. With Reggie gone, C.C. and Rodney are fighting it out for my new favorite pimp, right now I'd give the edge to Rodney ever so slightly, because that scene where he tries to recruit Candy after she takes a beating, is just so damn awesome on every level.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Kind of sad that Simon couldn't check his white privilege at the door and see that pimping is a civil rights issue, and an important one at that!
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Who knew that Maggie Gyllenhaal and Method Man would have such great on screen chemistry together? David Simon apparently.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:41 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:He became a huge asshole as the show went on. Cici is the second biggest asshole. Ironically, Larry Brown, who had the reputation for being the most violent, seemed to become a more sympathetic character as the show went on. Rodney seems to be the most easy going one, aside from Richie.
Indeed. With Reggie gone, C.C. and Rodney are fighting it out for my new favorite pimp, right now I'd give the edge to Rodney ever so slightly, because that scene where he tries to recruit Candy after she takes a beating, is just so damn awesome on every level.
Method Man can act for sure! He delivered some awesome insults on the Wire, and some great one-liners!

This ain't the movie thread, but did you see Brawl in Cell Block 99? I watched it with some people from work. It is a ridiculous movie on so many levels, and its great! Its a slow burn, and you might like it dude.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:50 pm

heydaralon wrote:but did you see Brawl in Cell Block 99? I watched it with some people from work. It is a ridiculous movie on so many levels, and its great! Its a slow burn, and you might like it dude.
Nope haven't seen it, reading the description, it does sound fairly ridiculous, I'll keep it in mind. Former boxer/auto mechanic turns to being a drug courier at a crossroad in his life and obviously shit happens from there. Vince Vaughn and Don Johnson eh?
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:57 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:but did you see Brawl in Cell Block 99? I watched it with some people from work. It is a ridiculous movie on so many levels, and its great! Its a slow burn, and you might like it dude.
Nope haven't seen it, reading the description, it does sound fairly ridiculous, I'll keep it in mind. Former boxer/auto mechanic turns to being a drug courier at a crossroad in his life and obviously shit happens from there. Vince Vaughn and Don Johnson eh?
Yeah its got the guy from Miami Vice and Eastbound and Down. Vince Vaughn plays a goddamn leg breaking mean bastard with a heart of gold. The script is pretty good. Its made by the guy who made Bone Tomahawk. Low budget, but always fun to watch. Usually I hate movies like this, but this one is a glaring exception.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:04 pm

StCapps wrote:
I rewatched episode 1 of the leftovers Capps. I saw it a few years back and didn't watch any of the other ones. I must say, it was pretty weird. I am not a very cultured person, so I will admit that I might not have gotten what the creator was trying to do. Weird cult shit and parties and whatnot. I will say this: it is shot really well. I'm not an expert of film, but the lighting and stuff created this sort of creepy mood, like a bad dream. It has started a bit slow, but I will give it a chance and keep going.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:05 pm

You said the second season is the best one?
Shikata ga nai