Literal Odds and Ends

Zlaxer

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:06 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Why exactly should we 'not bitch' about being abused by a private entity? Is it somehow more virtuous than being abused by government?

Or are we, perhaps, willing to accept anything to protect The Narrative?

I don't have to use Comcast.....but, I'm sure the other ISPs have similar clauses....

I'm split on whether the internet is a utility or not. I tend to lean towards not....there's no practical limit to the number of fiber lines that can be run along city roads, etc.....and unlike power lines, there's also no danger to having a massive fiber trunk run right next to a playground......if anything, the government should lease out space within state and/or city owned pipelines.....whoever can front the fees should be allowed to set up shop.....

Right now there's a great market opportunity for someone to start an ISP with user policies that respect the rights of the users....I'd gladly pay more to avoid being but raped.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Why exactly should we 'not bitch' about being abused by a private entity? Is it somehow more virtuous than being abused by government?

I don't have to use Comcast.....but, I'm sure the other ISPs have similar clauses....

I'm split on whether the internet is a utility or not. I tend to lean towards not....there's no practical limit to the number of fiber lines that can be run along city roads, etc.....and unlike power lines, there's also no danger to having a massive fiber trunk run right next to a playground......if anything, the government should lease out space within state and/or city owned pipelines.....whoever can front the fees should be allowed to set up shop.....

Right now there's a great market opportunity for someone to start an ISP with user policies that respect the rights of the users....I'd gladly pay more to avoid being but raped.
Suppose I make that ISP next week, with wide-open user policies, but offer you shit service. Even worse than Comcast. And suppose I charge you double for it. Then I lobby the Congress to make sure that nobody else can follow my business model.

Still happy?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:11 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Suppose I make that ISP next week, with wide-open user policies, but offer you shit service. Even worse than Comcast. And suppose I charge you double for it. Then I lobby the Congress to make sure that nobody else can follow my business model.

Still happy?

Not sure where you're going with that hypo.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

Still happy?

Pretty much every ISP business plan.

Every time you get a little something you want, another monopoly is created by our corrupt ass government. You're fucked either way.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:39 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Still happy?

Pretty much every ISP business plan.

Every time you get a little something you want, another monopoly is created by our corrupt ass government. You're fucked either way.
I guess that's why we all get charged by the minute on long distance now, and our phone plans only let us talk so many minutes a month. Oh yeah, our internet is billed by the minute still, right?

I mean, that's the way all the companies used to do it. No chance things are gonna change in this here world. Everything sucks, amiright?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:53 pm

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:30 pm

What kind of faggot picks a word like cabaragoya in a spelling contest. That's not even a real word. Fuck off.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:What kind of faggot picks a word like cabaragoya in a spelling contest. That's not even a real word. Fuck off.
Ask pissypuss. He'll tell you about the unfairness of the contest.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:56 pm

The wife and all five kids are on the couch watching Trollhunters right now.

Happy panda.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:32 pm

Back in 2014 I confiscated a kindle from the kids. Had a busted screen. Ordered a replacement and installed it but it didn't work after I installed it. Told the wife to throw it away. Figured I broke it.

Kindle turned up in the move. Said it can't be that one. Must be another. I broke that one and told her to throw it away.

Plugged it in and after a while it turned on. It's the one I thought I broke.

I am typing this on the very incontrovertible proof that she defied me and did not throw it away. What should her punishment be?