Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

heydaralon

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by heydaralon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:43 pm

The Conservative wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I worked really hard on my 800 word petition so that I could work hard playing those video games. It really is sickening that this entire industry is unregulated.
Amusing, for someone who is trolling this topic, you don't know how serious this is in the gaming community, things like this is actually ruining otherwise what would be good games.
Its not serious dude. Its video games. That is the polar opposite of serious. The way you fix a problem like this is by not buying the game and convincing other people to follow suit. I dont see how the government even factors in. Im not even sure that level of effort is warranted though. Arent you a grown ass man? Are you really getting tied up in knots over some micro transactions in farmville?
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:45 pm

What happened to the homemade flash bang grenades?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Nukedog wrote:What happened to the homemade flash bang grenades?
Conservative had to put that on the backburner until he unlocks the pink princess outfit on borderlands. He put a second mortgage on his house to have his character rock that dress.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Petition the WH about loot crates or manufacture bombs? What do what do?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Yeah this dude is a goddamn bad idea factory. One after the other...
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:06 pm

heydaralon wrote:Yeah this dude is a goddamn bad idea factory. One after the other...
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:26 pm

The Conservative wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I worked really hard on my 800 word petition so that I could work hard playing those video games. It really is sickening that this entire industry is unregulated.
Amusing, for someone who is trolling this topic, you don't know how serious this is in the gaming community, things like this is actually ruining otherwise what would be good games.
You should amend your petition to advocate the creation of a Federal Gaming Quality Office. Gaming developers get fines or prison terms for creating classes that are OP, and turn-based games where you. Just. Can't. Stop. Wanting to play another turn.

Seriously now, come up with a reasonable argument as to why government should give a crap if a company "ruins their otherwise good games"? That's like expecting government to interfere if they change Coca Cola to include the taste of licquorice. "It tastes bad!", you go. Well... ok? Too bad for you, and too bad for the Coca Cola company, but if isn't outright poisonous, why the hell involve government?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:42 pm

In truth, games would likely improve again if we publicly flogged entire development teams for shit like Mass Effect 3.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Didn't like the ending in ME3, I take it? (Seems the most widespread criticism) It's kinda grown on me, after the third playthrough.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 pm

BjornP wrote:Didn't like the ending in ME3, I take it? (Seems the most widespread criticism) It's kinda grown on me, after the third playthrough.

Choose one:

Red Explosion
Blue Explosion
Green Explosion

"Your choices matter.."