How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

StCapps

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Getting the Republicans to propose such a plan is just as hard for the same reason. If it looks too much like an Obamacare fix, they probably won't do it because it won't look like a 'huge win.' It will look like a compromise... or government actually functioning properly without partisans getting all the credit, and nobody wants that.
True but get Rand Paul and Ted Cruz on board and enough of the rest of the non-moderate Republicans will get in line. They won't mind government health care so much if it's their version of it while they can claim they repealed ObamaCare, so Trump should try and take advantage of this window of opportunity to attempt to close such a deal.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 am

I think Trump should work with the democrats to repeal the law and replace it with Medicare for all. He could probably get the moderate republicans in on that. It would isolate the republicans that give him the most trouble, and allow him to position primary challengers that could replace them in the Midterms.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:25 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I think Trump should work with the democrats to repeal the law and replace it with Medicare for all. He could probably get the moderate republicans in on that. It would isolate the republicans that give him the most trouble, and allow him to position primary challengers that could replace them in the Midterms.
Why not remove health insurance period from the equation?
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:26 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I think Trump should work with the democrats to repeal the law and replace it with Medicare for all. He could probably get the moderate republicans in on that. It would isolate the republicans that give him the most trouble, and allow him to position primary challengers that could replace them in the Midterms.
Hard to see the Democrats working with him on health care if a repeal of ObamaCare is on the table and hard to see Republicans working with him if he expands government health care coverage by proposing Medicare for all. If Trump can work with the Democrats on health care and passes a universal federal public option with their support, then seriously what can't The Donald do?
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:33 am

StCapps wrote:
Hard to see the Democrats working with him on health care if a repeal of ObamaCare is on the table and hard to see Republicans working with him if he expands government health care coverage by proposing Medicare for all. If Trump can work with the Democrats on health care and passes a universal federal public option with their support, then seriously what can't The Donald do?

Then guess who loses in the Midterms because they won't deliver what the democratic base actually wants.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:39 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Then guess who loses in the Midterms because they won't deliver what the democratic base actually wants.
They'll probably take that risk, because giving the Republicans a huge win on health care isn't good for their re-election hopes either/ I the Republicans are the one's giving the Democrat base what they want and actually get it passed, then what does the Democrat base need the Democrats for if the Republicans congress under Trump will get them more bang for their buck than the Democrats ever could?
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:43 am

Trump wins either way, dude.

Everybody is so caught up in ideology, they fail to take notice of the fact that most Americans want some kind of universal health care. The best compromise I know of is to return to the private markets we once had, but supplement them with Medicare for people who cannot get insurance or cannot afford it.

If the free market ideologues are right, then the free market will minimize the number of people who need to go on Medicare. If they are wrong, then the private insurers will slowly get replaced by Medicare. How is that not a fair deal?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:44 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Trump wins either way, dude.

Everybody is so caught up in ideology, they fail to take notice of the fact that most Americans want some kind of universal health care. The best compromise I know of is to return to the private markets we once had, but supplement them with Medicare for people who cannot get insurance or cannot afford it.

If the free market ideologues are right, then the free market will minimize the number of people who need to go on Medicare. If they are wrong, then the private insurers will slowly get replaced by Medicare. How is that not a fair deal?
I know that Trump wins either way, my point was that the Democrats lose either way as well in that scenario. It would so much winning for Trump, that is IF he's smart enough to play it that way.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:54 am

LULZ. Bring it on! I would love to see the Cuckistan neocon confederation make a nationwide campaign out of how 7 years of repeal promises were just a big bucket of shit.

WTF man? Trump really just signed on for a one-way trip on the USS Ryan?

Ryan: 'About 90 Percent' of House GOPs Now Agree on Healthcare Bill

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:49 pm

Take the penalty out. Put in some cost containment. (Stop the Pharms from paying generic drug makers to stop production. Set ER fees. Promote Kaiser.) Leave the rest alone for now, take another bite later.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change