What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Penner wrote:The only real criticism of Breaking Bad is that they should've made Walt Jr hooked on the baby blues.
Nah there are lots of other valid criticisms of Breaking Bad, but almost every single show, if not all of them, have more valid reasons to criticize them than Breaking Bad does, so hair split away if you want to, just don't front like BB isn't great, like daralon, that's just silly.

My laundry list of things that weren't perfect about Breaking Bad is probably longer and more in depth than heydaralon's, bet that, but I don't pretend that BB isn't great because I can do that. It just makes me good at splitting hairs when it comes to quality TV dramas.
/shrug

Serious question to anyone who thinks Breaking Bad ISN'T the best TV drama that they've ever seen: How many shows that you've seen would you rank ahead of Breaking Bad?

If the answer is less than a handful, yet you think BB is just good and not great, then you might want to rethink your perception of the quality of Breaking Bad, because you haven't really thought it through very well have you? Some of you folks just set the "great television" bar way too high for some weird reason, what's up with that?
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:56 am

Alright, Reggie Love has now had enough screen time to become my favorite character on The Deuce, and it looks like he's to have more screen time moving forward, so that's a sweet development. Are me and daralon the only people on this forum watching The Deuce as it airs? Y'all are missing out.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:06 pm

Me and the wife are watching Mad Men on netflix. Really good so far.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:21 pm

clubgop wrote:Me and the wife are watching Mad Men on netflix. Really good so far.
Yeah Mad Men is fucking dope, one of the best TV drama's ever made right there. Anyone who fronts like it isn't even in the Top 10, either hasn't seen the show in it's entirety, or these are people whose opinions on television are highly questionable to say the least.

I have Mad Men ranked at #4, only Breaking Bad, The Wire and The Sopranos are ranked higher when it comes to TV drama. It's that good.

PSA:
Just because women like the show too, that doesn't mean that it sucks, pro tip.
Mad Men is the best show you can easily convince women to watch, that's how you should view it, not as a show for women, which is how some fools seem to view it.
*yip*

Dand

Post by Dand » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:06 pm

StCapps wrote:Alright, Reggie Love has now had enough screen time to become my favorite character on The Deuce, and it looks like he's to have more screen time moving forward, so that's a sweet development. Are me and daralon the only people on this forum watching The Deuce as it airs? Y'all are missing out.
I think it's great so far. It's a lot like The Wire but it's been a pretty long time since The Wire so this is a welcome show.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Deadwood is in my top 5.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Hastur wrote:Deadwood is in my top 5.

Mine as well, at #5.
Shame they couldn't get a real ending, fucking HBO faggots.
That's one of my favorite scenes from the show right there, some truly epic moments in that show.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:43 pm

California wrote:I cry-laughed from the new Curb Your Enthusiasm episode

Vice Principals is good agin

Leon cracks me up. I swear the interaction between him and Larry makes the show. :lol: :lol:
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Narcos on Netflix is good!!!!!!!!!! The wife and I are on season 2
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:57 pm

StCapps wrote:
Hastur wrote:Deadwood is in my top 5.

Mine as well, at #5.
Shame they couldn't get a real ending, fucking HBO faggots.
That's one of my favorite scenes from the show right there, some truly epic moments in that show.
The cancellation of Deadwood was a tragedy. My top 5 in no particular order.

Deadwood
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Sopranos
Six Feet Under

I haven’t watched The Wire. My wife hates “cop shows”. I’m saving it for a rainy month.

All these shows are better than GoT:

Weeds
The affair
Tell me you love me
Penny Dreadful
Hung
The Tudors

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck