The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

heydaralon

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:04 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:

That's the extant of my knowledge concerning your Jewish "assault" rifle
Quarks are pretty shit as well once that Jewish physicist predicted them. Can we talk about Uzi's in here or is that too jewish for the gun thread?
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Idk. Talk to me when you buy or rent A gun

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:17 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Idk. Talk to me when you buy or rent A gun
If I take out a loan to buy a gun, I should probably do it through a hawala because that way the Jews won't get a cut right?

:lol:
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:07 am

Dude wtf? It's a fucking Jewish "assault" rifle as you like to call "scary" guns.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:44 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Dude wtf? It's a fucking Jewish "assault" rifle as you like to call "scary" guns.
Oh I know Israelis made it. I thought you were just talking shit because I posted a gun from Israel. I was supposed to go shooting with a buddy from work a couple weeks back but I had to cancel because I had an exam coming up. We will go though. He doesn't like outdoor ranges, and those are the only ones I've been to so we need to find a good indoor range in central Florida.

I don't know where you got in your head that I am some kind of anti gun guy. I fully admit that I don't have much experience with guns and that I'm not a gun expert. When I see a gun that I think is cool, I post it on the forum and ask the people with firearm experience what they think of it. Its not really much different than if this were a car forum and I was posting pictures of Lambos or Japanese tuner cars that I never drove. You can still think things are cool that you don't own. I guess you objected when I asked you about "assault" rifles. From my limited understanding, an "assault rifle" is an automatic rifle used in combat by infantry. Since a lot of people in here have military backgrounds, they have fired assault weapons. You were ready to pounce on me with all these assumptions because I asked you a question and used a word you didn't like, even though I used it with no political context. If you can find a post where I advocated confiscating "scary" guns or depriving people of Second Amendment rights let me know, because I don't recall ever lecturing gun experts on things I know little about. Anyway man, I like talking to you about shit, I just thought you were trying to shut down my Galil question because it happened to be made by Jews and because you had a meme in the chamber ready to try and strawman me.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 pm

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 pm

heydaralon wrote: From my limited understanding, an "assault rifle" is an automatic rifle used in combat by infantry.
The other key ingredient in a Sturmgewehr or Assault Rifle; is the intermediate cartridge, originally the German 7.92x33mm, followed by the Soviet 7.62x39mm, the purpose was to reduce recoil in order to facilitate accurate rapid fire by repetition and/or automatic burst. Later, the intermediate cartridge was further reduced, with the introduction of the NATO 5.56x45mm and Warsaw Pact 5.45x39mm, the purpose of this further reduction was to allow more ammunition to be carried.

This differentiates an Assault Rifle from the heavier caliber Battle Rifle, which, while also "an automatic rifle used in combat by infantry", retains a full bore cartridge, such as the NATO 7.62x51mm or Soviet 7.62x54mm.

Incidentally, the IMI/IWI Galil comes in both a 5.56x45mm Assault Rifle configuration as well as a 7.62x51mm Battle Rifle configuration, and this is the case with many automatic rifle manufacturers, producing both an intermediate caliber Assault and full bore caliber Battle version of the same platform.

So, to review;

If an infantry automatic rifle with intermediate cartridge; "Assault Rifle".

If an infantry automatic rifle with full bore catridge; "Battle Rifle"

Examples;

Assault Rifle; StG44, AK-47, AR15

Battle Rifle; M14, HK G3, FN FAL
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:30 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote: From my limited understanding, an "assault rifle" is an automatic rifle used in combat by infantry.
The other key ingredient in a Sturmgewehr or Assault Rifle; is the intermediate cartridge, originally the German 7.92x33mm, followed by the Soviet 7.62x39mm, the purpose was to reduce recoil in order to facilitate accurate rapid fire by repetition and/or automatic burst. Later, the intermediate cartridge was further reduced, with the introduction of the NATO 5.56x45mm and Warsaw Pact 5.45x39mm, the purpose of this further reduction was to allow more ammunition to be carried.

This differentiates an Assault Rifle from the heavier caliber Battle Rifle, which, while also "an automatic rifle used in combat by infantry", retains a full bore cartridge, such as the NATO 7.62x51mm or Soviet 7.62x54mm.

Incidentally, the IMI/IWI Galil comes in both a 5.56x45mm Assault Rifle configuration as well as a 7.62x51mm Battle Rifle configuration, and this is the case with many automatic rifle manufacturers, producing both an intermediate caliber Assault and full bore caliber Battle version of the same platform.

So, to review;

Examples;

Sweden choose to use 6.5×55mm in their Mausers and later in the semi automatic Ag m/42. I've only fired a few rounds with the Ag m/42 but I found it to be a pretty nice experience. What do you think of that round? I believe the reasoning behind choosing it was to find a round that was as light and economical as possible but still did the job. I don't know if recoil was weighed in. I wouldn't think so on account of the Mausers it was designed for.

edit: better video

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:47 am

Hastur wrote: What do you think of that round? I believe the reasoning behind choosing it was to find a round that was as light and economical as possible but still did the job. I don't know if recoil was weighed in. I wouldn't think so on account of the Mausers it was designed for.
Considered to be an excellent all round cartridge and similar types are coming back into style, particularly with SOF, paticularly the 6.8x43mm SPC and the 6.5x39mm Grendel, but the issue is really logistics; Sweden as a Neutral with a massive conscript force justifies Sweden fielding its own cartridge, Sweden as a Non NATO Military Ally with a massively reduced all volunteer force doesn't really justify that anymore, at this point, logistically, Sweden is for all intents and purposes reliant on NATO and NATO cartridges therein, thus, 6.5mm Swedish Mauser is essentially obsolete.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:57 am

Smitty-48 wrote:

So, to review;

Examples;

I did not realize the distinction. I'm doing some reading on intermediate cartridges atm. What is the appeal of modern day submachine guns in the military, if assault rifles can fire further, and more accurately at long distances? Is it just because they are lighter and easier to carry around?
Shikata ga nai