Net Neutrality

K@th

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:35 pm

DBTrek wrote:
The Conservative wrote:So what it seems you are having a problem with is that you can't understand the difference between someone working asking for more money because they are standing in line, vs someone asking for help because he has a son and wife while trying to find a job to get off of any assistance the state may have been able to offer... .
If an employer doesn't want to pay an employee for their time, that's fine - let them go about their lives.
Or, if an employer wants an employees time, that's fine too - pay them.

We're talking about employers wanting an employee's time, while also NOT paying them.

It ain't rocket science, dude.
At some point, you have to just accept that he does not have the capacity to understand the issue. It's how we treat the kid. When he gets to being logically inconsistent to the point where he can't follow the conversation anymore, we just smile and say, "yes, Ian."

So, Yes, TC.
Account abandoned.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Not for nothing, but Amazon often uses third party labor agencies for their warehouse workers, so those employees would have agreed to a contract with their temp agency, and wouldn't have had much say in the contract said agency set up with Amazon.

Also, not for nothing, but valid contracts assume that neither party was compelled to enter the contract from an extremely reduced bargaining position.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 pm

The Conservative wrote:It is, when someone signed a contract agreeing to go through said actions.
Yep. The court ruled it's legal.
However, agreeing to go through security screening as you enter and leave a facility is a little different than agreeing to sacrifice 2.5 hours a week to being incarcerated at your workplace without compensation.

Kinda like "Hey, if you want to work at Disneyland you have to wear the Mickey Mouse Costume"
"Ok, sounds good."

-two weeks later-

"You guys never said I had to wait in line for 90 minutes every day to pick up the costume before I can put it on. You owe me pay for that extra hour and a half a day"
"Nope, we told you you had to wear a costume and you agreed"

Derp.

There's what's legal, and then there's what's right.
Legally we can extraordinary rendition you into a Libyan torture hellhole without notifying anyone of your whereabouts.
Is that right?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:45 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fife never did answer me as to how many hours of free labor he would deem too many. TC says it's unlimited - can be days or weeks. I'd like to hear from the libertarian.
Account abandoned.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:46 pm

I suspect Fife is good with detaining your ass on a cotton plantation and paying you solely in ass whoopings as long as a signed contract can be produced.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Bup, bup, bup.

Employers can't steal labor from employees without compensation.

They can, however, steal as much time as they like as long as what you are doing in that time isn't integral.

Did none of you even read the Sotomayor decision?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Bup, bup, bup.

They can, however, steal as much time as they like as long as what you are doing in that time isn't integral.

I read that rambling bullshit and instantly decided that if I were a warehouse employee I’d skip the security check immediately. When Amazon fires me for not doing my job I’d counter sue, citing Sotomayor, and point out that Security checks aren’t integral to my job, therefore I was wrongfully terminated.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Kath wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Fife never did answer me as to how many hours of free labor he would deem too many. TC says it's unlimited - can be days or weeks. I'd like to hear from the libertarian.
Bullshit question. How many times a week is the boss giving you shit attitude at work too much? :lol:

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Fife wrote:
Kath wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Bullshit question. How many times a week is the boss giving you shit attitude at work too much? :lol:
Totally fair question. You believe employees shouldn't be paid for time spent doing something their boss requires. Currently, for AZ employees, that's about 2.5 hours a week.

If they were waiting in those lines for 10 hours a week, would you see the need to pay them? How about 40 hours a week? Unlimited?

Why are you afraid to answer this question?
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:07 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Bup, bup, bup.

I read that rambling bullshit and instantly decided that if I were a warehouse employee I’d skip the security check immediately. When Amazon fires me for not doing my job I’d counter sue, citing Sotomayor, and point out that Security checks aren’t integral to my job, therefore I was wrongfully terminated.
I know some ambulance chasing class action lawyers who might take you up on that one. That's just the kind of shit they love chunking up against the wall. :goteam: :drunk: