NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sat May 06, 2017 7:00 pm

There's the Marc Andre Fleury I know. Still think the Pens will win this in six, but could see them melting in typical fashion. Holtby didn't play like shit and all the Caps top guns showed up for once too. Gotta love that third period.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun May 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Damn I don't want to have to wait so long for the next series to start. Fun stuff.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon May 08, 2017 5:53 am

StCapps wrote:There's the Marc Andre Fleury I know. Still think the Pens will win this in six, but could see them melting in typical fashion. Holtby didn't play like shit and all the Caps top guns showed up for once too. Gotta love that third period.
Doesn't matter and I told you the Caps would win game 5. Back in the Burgh tonight and the Pens will finish off the Caps.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 08, 2017 9:47 am

SilverEagle wrote:
StCapps wrote:There's the Marc Andre Fleury I know. Still think the Pens will win this in six, but could see them melting in typical fashion. Holtby didn't play like shit and all the Caps top guns showed up for once too. Gotta love that third period.
Doesn't matter and I told you the Caps would win game 5. Back in the Burgh tonight and the Pens will finish off the Caps.
They better finish em' off. This goes back to Washington for seven, and the Pens could easily choke. You better hope Holtby goes back to playing like shit, if he's on his Vezina form, the Pens could be completely fucked. Sure the Pens are squeaking by and stealing games when Holtby has .867 save percentage, but what happens if the Pens can't count on that in the last two games, like they couldn't count on it yesterday?

Dial back the cockiness at least ten fold, or you are asking the Hockey Gods to smite your ass, and it wouldn't take much to accomplish it at this point.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
They better finish em' off. This goes back to Washington for seven, and the Pens could easily choke. You better hope Holtby goes back to playing like shit, if he's on his Vezina form, the Pens could be completely fucked. Sure the Pens are squeaking by and stealing games when Holtby has .867 save percentage, but what happens if the Pens can't count on that in the last two games, like they couldn't count on it yesterday?

Dial back the cockiness at least ten fold, or you are asking the Hockey Gods to smite your ass, and it wouldn't take much to accomplish it at this point.
The fake hockey gods can kiss my ass! Even if it goes to 7, which I highly doubt, the Caps will choke, not the Pens.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 08, 2017 10:48 am

SilverEagle wrote:The fake hockey gods can kiss my ass! Even if it goes to 7, which I highly doubt, the Caps will choke, not the Pens.
The Pens have lead in the series, blowing a 3-1 series lead is choking. Losing game 6 on the road when you are the underdog, not so much. All the pressure is on the Pens now to close this out.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon May 08, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon May 08, 2017 10:51 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:The fake hockey gods can kiss my ass! Even if it goes to 7, which I highly doubt, the Caps will choke, not the Pens.
The Pens have lead in the series, they are the only one's who can choke. Failing to pull off an upset isn't choking.
Washington was favored in the series, so yes they can be the ones to choke. Back to Back Presidents Cup winners losing in the second round in back to back years? At this point either one can choke.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 08, 2017 10:51 am

SilverEagle wrote:Washington was favored in the series, so yes they can be the ones to choke. Back to Back Presidents Cup winners losing in the second round in back to back years? At this point either one can choke.
Everyone in the know was picking the Pens after the way the Caps played against the Leafs. Presidents Trophy doesn't mean shit, your team was the favorite. Teams that have a lead in a game or series are far more likely to choke and choke badly, because choking is when you should have succeeded but you somehow found a way to fail. It's not just failure in and of itself.

Like I said,
Losing a series, where you were up 3-1, after Game 4, that's choking.
Losing Game 6, on the road, when you're the underdog, not so much.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon May 08, 2017 12:00 pm

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:Washington was favored in the series, so yes they can be the ones to choke. Back to Back Presidents Cup winners losing in the second round in back to back years? At this point either one can choke.
Everyone in the know was picking the Pens after the way the Caps played against the Leafs. Presidents Trophy doesn't mean shit, your team was the favorite. Teams that have a lead in a game or series are far more likely to choke and choke badly, because choking is when you should have succeeded but you somehow found a way to fail. It's not just failure in and of itself.

Like I said,
Losing a series, where you were up 3-1, after Game 4, that's choking.
Losing Game 6, on the road, when you're the underdog, not so much.
Still choking! Washington is fucked and they know it. First period of game six will end either 0-0 or 0-1 Caps. The Pens will score two or three in the second and shut out the Caps, so 2-1 or 3-1 Pens. Third period the Caps will score one early to mid period and the Pens will add one more late. Final score 3-2 or 4-2 Pens. That's my gut feeling on it.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 08, 2017 12:04 pm

I'm thinking 3-2 or 4-2 Pens as well in Game 6, but if Holtby plays like he played last game, watch out. It's not that hard to beat the Caps when Holtby's save percentage is below .900, not so much when he's on his A-game. Better hope Fleury bounces back too, or the choke is guaranteed. Caps are a completely different team when Backstrom and Kuznetsov are hot as well, and they've been killing it the last two games. Lets just say, it's not a great time to get cocky.
*yip*