Literal Odds and Ends

Speaker to Animals

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:48 am

It's funny how that Noodles mentality is spreading. Read the article. The guy was acting like he owned that job.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:51 am

Without me, Kermit is just a fucking glove! Pay me!
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:32 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:It's 'Go Fuck Yourself' Being Green
NEW YORK (AP) — The Muppets Studio is blaming “unacceptable business conduct” for its dismissal of Steve Whitmire as the longtime performer of Kermit the Frog.

This explanation, issued Monday, follows Whitmire’s emotional blog post last week after his firing was made public. He said he learned last October that the role of Kermit would be recast.

The Muppets Studio did not detail the nature of Whitmire’s “repeated unacceptable business conduct,” but said it spanned “a period of many years,” adding that “he consistently failed to address” his employers’ feedback.

What Kekery is this?
Henson’s daughter, Lisa, told the Times that Whitmire refused to train an understudy for low-level performances and “played brinkmanship very aggressively in contract negotiations.” Lisa Henson is president of the Jim Henson Co., which sold The Muppets brand to Disney in 2004.

Brian Henson, who is the company’s chairman, told the Times that Whitmore often sent emails attacking writers, directors and others involved in Muppets projects.
So.... he negotiated too hard for a salary?? I just got 5k off a minivan by timing the end of the month, and leaving when I didn't get what I wanted. :D

Don't know what the emails are about, but that's probably the issue there.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:16 am

The Muppets is run like a dictatorship, y'all. Rise up!

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:19 am

They fired him for making his opinion public regarding the (progressive) direction the muppets were taking. He felt it was a black mark on Henson's legacy. So they got someone else to do the job.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:23 am

Imagine an alt-right puppet show.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:24 am

:roll:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:26 am

Nukedog wrote:They fired him for making his opinion public regarding the (progressive) direction the muppets were taking. He felt it was a black mark on Henson's legacy. So they got someone else to do the job.
Source?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:27 am

Hang on

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:30 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...g ... ct-1021701

"Whitmire, who was asked to take over Kermit by Henson's family after the creator's untimely death in 1990, said that an instance of a note was over a script for the new ABC series, canceled last year, in which Kermit lied to his nephew, Robin, about his breakup with Miss Piggy.

"I don't think Kermit would lie to him," Whitmire explained. "I think that is Robin came to Kermit he would say 'things happen, people go their separate ways, but that doesn't mean we don't care about you.' Kermit is too compassionate to lie to him to spare his feelings."

He continued, "We have been doing these characters for a long, long time and we know them better than anybody. I thought I was aiding to keep it on track and I think a big reason why the show was canceled (after one season last fall) was because that didn't happen. I am not saying my notes would have saved it, but I think had they listened more to all of the performers, it would have made a really big difference.'"