Haumana

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Haumana » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:49 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:44 pm
https://fullfact.org/immigration/do-eu- ... y-receive/
The latest findings estimate that recent immigrants from the 10 countries that joined the EU in 2004 (mainly eastern European) contributed £1.12 for every £1 received. Those from the rest of the EU put in £1.64 for every £1.
From Montes link:
Conclusion
Research has found this for recent immigrants from other EU countries, but counting those who came before 2000 reduces this figure. This is a difficult thing to measure, and other research has different findings.
Aka - This is a BS study for low-info Marxist so they can cite something that coincides with their preconceived notions.
:lol:
Also from the link
This research has since been updated, but even then this study doesn’t present an undisputed picture of immigrants’ costs and contributions to the UK.

The particular findings of one study alone shouldn't be quoted without context or reference to who's made the estimates.
:lol: They even told Monty to not quote it.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:21 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:13 pm
Your study debunked itself in its own conclusion.
Citing fake studies to support your political dogma instead of actually learning anything is so millennial.
No it stated that the results were inconclusive because various studies gave different results. However, most of the studies showed a net benefit to the treasury.
Certainly no conclusion that immigrants cost more than they pay in taxes.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:23 pm

BTFO I GOT A LINK THIS TIME

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. That’s what’s going on here, Monte. Thanks for clarifying - because for a second it looked like you hastily googled up a BS study and presented it as “evidence” that illegal immigrants are secret cash cows.

Amazing more third world countries don’t welcome mass illegal immigration, what with it being so indisputably profitable, eh? Someone should’ve told Greece.

Now I remember why I quit talking to you clowns.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:45 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:25 pm
Riiiiiiiiiiiight. That’s what’s going on here, Monte. Thanks for clarifying - because for a second it looked like you hastily googled up a BS study and presented it as “evidence” that illegal immigrants are secret cash cows.

Amazing more third world countries don’t welcome mass illegal immigration, what with it being so indisputably profitable, eh? Someone should’ve told Greece.

Now I remember why I quit talking to you clowns.
Not talking about illegal immigration.
Never mentioned cash cows.
Many of the studies show income greater than cost.
Still reckon assuming the opposite is more low-info.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:49 pm

I presume they are a net cost to the taxpayer. I question the amount, but I do enjoy having the cheap produce at the grocery store. I live in California and I drive through the agricultural areas where they work, those people are practically slaves, I'm almost not opposed to looking the other way and continuing to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

That doesn't mean I support open borders or want to abolish ICE or not actively seek out illegal criminals that kill pretty white girls, but illegal immigration, generally speaking, doesn't fall too strongly on my radar. Atleast not to the point where I'm willing to deport 13 million people. Perhaps I'm desensitized because I've interacted with them throughout my life, played with their children at school, my parents have had cleaning maids and landscapers, they just aren't a huge concern for me when I have so much other outrage to occupy my attention on.

That said, being rear-ended by an illegal without car insurance would likely change my tune pretty fuckin quick

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Sure ... if you have the skills to acquire work outside of the menial labor sector, then losing all those jobs to foreigners probably doesn’t bug you much. Sucks for unskilled, left-of-the-Bell-curve Americans, but fuck those guys, right?

Like GCF says, America needs to be concerned about what’s best for Mexico and Africa, you selfish fucks.

Derp.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:18 pm
Assuming you had the wherewithal to realize "arguments"
right here pal

凸( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:01 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:58 pm
Sure ... if you have the skills to acquire work outside of the menial labor sector, then losing all those jobs to foreigners probably doesn’t bug you much. Sucks for unskilled, left-of-the-Bell-curve Americans, but fuck those guys, right?

Like GCF says, America needs to be concerned about what’s best for Mexico and Africa, you selfish fucks.

Derp.
Man it's a good thing Trump got that unemployment rate down to 4% otherwise we would have some problems

But yeah, no, I don't care about unskilled workers, should I?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:11 pm

I’m unqualified to comment on what anyone should care about.
I’ll only say that determining what you care about and invest your energy toward will have large and unexpected impacts on your life.

Choose wisely.