How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

The Conservative

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by The Conservative » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:28 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote: Really? Where were the breadlines? Where were the shanty towns? I don't recall this. I was doing quite well in fact.
I didn't. I worked wherever, and whenever I could. Day jobs, under the table. Jobs just to get by, keep a roof over my head, etc...

I didn't have a long-term contract or full-time job for a very long time... This is my first full-time gig in almost a decade. Where I should be, and where I was are two entirely different things... I don't have a degree, nothing changed except that I tried to keep working... now I'm a director...

Your "shanty towns" exist, they still do... and the breadlines exist as well... but its called welfare instead. Under Obama, that number increased exponentially to the point where if you weren't working, you were on welfare.
It increased "under Obama" because the crash happened while he was taking office, thanks to a Clinton policy, which was a continuation of Reagan's idiocy.

Now we are all subject to the will of corporations. Just don't try to pin it all on the Kenyan.
Actually, Regan had nothing to do with it... Clinton rode a wave of good economics, and forced banks to take bad loans by removing the Glass-Stegal act. Obama claimed to have more people employed by the end of his tenure... if you call Wall Mart employment, then sure... we can call it a great success... but the last time I checked most people nevermind families can't live off minimum wage.

Also, choose your poison who you back carefully...

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ugly-truth
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:28 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Everybody's objective in their own minds. I just see no upside to this clown. Absolutely none.
Uhhh... Dude, that's like reinforcing your own claim that you're not objective. A "clown" is a person who displays no self-awareness.

p.s. Trump may be a clown but that's not something YOU want to aspire to.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
I didn't. I worked wherever, and whenever I could. Day jobs, under the table. Jobs just to get by, keep a roof over my head, etc...

I didn't have a long-term contract or full-time job for a very long time... This is my first full-time gig in almost a decade. Where I should be, and where I was are two entirely different things... I don't have a degree, nothing changed except that I tried to keep working... now I'm a director...

Your "shanty towns" exist, they still do... and the breadlines exist as well... but its called welfare instead. Under Obama, that number increased exponentially to the point where if you weren't working, you were on welfare.
It increased "under Obama" because the crash happened while he was taking office, thanks to a Clinton policy, which was a continuation of Reagan's idiocy.

Now we are all subject to the will of corporations. Just don't try to pin it all on the Kenyan.
Actually, Regan had nothing to do with it... Clinton rode a wave of good economics, and forced banks to take bad loans by removing the Glass-Stegal act. Obama claimed to have more people employed by the end of his tenure... if you call Wall Mart employment, then sure... we can call it a great success... but the last time I checked most people nevermind families can't live off minimum wage.

Of course he had 'something to do with it'. He was an actor chosen to follow up a peanut farmer, and sell the idea that tax cuts for the 1% would help the lower classes by 'giving them something to earn'.

Not "backing" Obama either. just saying that his administration wasn't the only one responsible for this clusterfuck.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:45 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

1. Regan's trickle down economics is a proven failure.
2. Removing Glass-Stegal did not force banks to take bad loans, however it did something even worse. It allowed banks to become mega banks by buying up brokerage firms. So an Act that was put into place after the 1929 stock market crash, was sent to the scrap heap by Clinton and helped play a major part in the 2008 crisis.
3. The American Dream Down payment Assistance Act signed into law by Bush II is what really forced banks to take on bad loans. Scraping Glass Stegal helped hide it for a while.

Dems and Reps both suck!
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:24 am

SilverEagle wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

2. Removing Glass-Stegal did not force banks to take bad loans, however it did something even worse. It allowed banks to become mega banks by buying up brokerage firms. So an Act that was put into place after the 1929 stock market crash, was sent to the scrap heap by Clinton and helped play a major part in the 2008 crisis.
3. The American Dream Down payment Assistance Act signed into law by Bush II is what really forced banks to take on bad loans. Scraping Glass Stegal helped hide it for a while.

Dems and Reps both suck!
Boy, you have a short term memory...

Pre-removal of the GSA the banks held 15% of our GDP, today it's closer to 70%...

Also, if you remember, Clinton insisted that the banks take loans from minorities, even those that otherwise couldn't afford to.

Just do a past news search during that time, you'll see more than enough evidence to show that removal of the GSA killed quite a bit.
#NotOneRedCent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:41 am

The Conservative wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Dems and Reps both suck!
Boy, you have a short term memory...

Pre-removal of the GSA the banks held 15% of our GDP, today it's closer to 70%...

Also, if you remember, Clinton insisted that the banks take loans from minorities, even those that otherwise couldn't afford to.

Just do a past news search during that time, you'll see more than enough evidence to show that removal of the GSA killed quite a bit.
:roll:

Again, the removal of GS did NOT force banks to make bad loans. It was part of Clinton's polices that forced some bad lending but Bushy boys ADDP act that supercharged things. So please again tell me how Clinton did what he did without Republican help and Bush without Democrats help? As for the banks GDP %, I told you what the removal of GSA did. It allowed banks to buy up brokerage firms and it allowed the newly formed banks to grow exponentially. Those banks now have access to every aspect of the financial realm, traditional banking and the stock market. So short term memory my ass.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:39 pm

How about some laffs?

Grant had bad days too. Just ask the guys at The Crater. You don’t always win, even when you are exhausted from all your prior #winning.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... p-n2304530

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Monte, what do you suggest we do? Impeachment? R U proposing we impeach Trump?
I'm suggesting no such thing. I was just pointing out that two months of ''your tears are delicious'', ''I'm never going to get tired of winning'', ''but Hillary'', ''the left does not reason'', ''bye Europe'' along with insults such as child fucker, Marxist, terrorist sympathiser, cunt etc does not encourage worthwhile debate or time spent on posts forming what many feel are valid criticisms.
To be honest I am hoping that Trump's thin skin and his inability to accept criticism combined with his failure to get his own way all the time will lead him to find some excuse to step down. The only problem with that scenario is that the much worse running mate that he chose in order to gain support from the more right wing republican base will only make matters worse.
In conclusion, God/Buddha/Gaia/Allah/Vishnu etc help you all, I'm bloody glad I don't live in America.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Montegriffo wrote:... I'm bloody glad I don't live in America.
I knew we had something in common.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:03 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Monte, what do you suggest we do? Impeachment? R U proposing we impeach Trump?
I'm suggesting no such thing. I was just pointing out that two months of ''your tears are delicious'', ''I'm never going to get tired of winning'', ''but Hillary'', ''the left does not reason'', ''bye Europe'' along with insults such as child fucker, Marxist, terrorist sympathiser, cunt etc does not encourage worthwhile debate or time spent on posts forming what many feel are valid criticisms.
To be honest I am hoping that Trump's thin skin and his inability to accept criticism combined with his failure to get his own way all the time will lead him to find some excuse to step down. The only problem with that scenario is that the much worse running mate that he chose in order to gain support from the more right wing republican base will only make matters worse.
In conclusion, God/Buddha/Gaia/Allah/Vishnu etc help you all, I'm bloody glad I don't live in America.
I half follow you. My suggestion, look at the things Trumpers are actually criticizing, like RyanCare, and pile on there. Ridiculous Tax-Cuts-For-The-Rich is up next, you're definitely going to have cohorts dumping on that one. Lay off the Islamaphobe, Xenophobe, Guns-Kill, stuff because, frankly, there are lots of counter-arguments that are pretty good. And we all know Trump says stupid shit, so pointing that out won't win any arguments. There's going to be glorious anti-Trump dustups you can participate on the winning side in, just wait for it...
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change