The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:21 pm

You don't even know who he is, or that he's a laughing stock.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
You don't even know who he is, or that he's a laughing stock.

:lol:

Just dismiss anybody who criticizes your game. Anybody who questions what happened to 150 million dollars shouldn't be listened to.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Here's some former cult members that have something to say about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 pm

OMFG the comedy.
Are Refunds now officially cancelled? This is big news!
[–]CatsAreFuzzySpace Pants Mod 16 points 16 hours ago

They're just delayed indefinitely much like Squadron 42.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:OMFG the comedy.
Are Refunds now officially cancelled? This is big news!
[–]CatsAreFuzzySpace Pants Mod 16 points 16 hours ago

They're just delayed indefinitely much like Squadron 42.
Fake news. Refunds are still available.

This is the fag that you're getting your news from. You should be ashamed.

See that shirt? That's his shitty video game company that churns out piles of garbage. All of his SC beef is just to get traffic to his games.

Check out these rave reviews of the person who's opinion you take as gospel,
He's charging money for this now? It was painful to play for free. The graphic look like a windows 2000 game. The controls are horrible. You need to read a novel sized manual in order to figure out how to quit. Or do anything really. Derek Smart needs to stop making games.
Ah, Universal Combat. Somehow I hoped we had seen the last of Derek Smart. Don't get me wrong, I don't despise the man, but his snarky, combative attitude in the face of the overwhelming evidence regarding his shortcomings as a developer have left me hoping for the day when he retires from public life; that, and I was one of the foolish who purchased Universal Combat when it came out only to discover it was broken and buggy even after several patches and any attempts to challenge this was met by scorn and insult by Derek Smart himself.

This is not a good game. It will not be a good game no matter how many times he changes the name.
With the "DLC - The Lyrus Conflict" it gets even more ridiculous. This developer is selling his idea for a game (in my opinion it has never been complete) in a new coat over and over and over.

Derek Smart, 24.07.2015: "Yeah, the DLC (Lyrus Conflict) is basically lot of refinements, and graphics overhaul. No new features. That's for Universal Combat Advanced which is full blown sequel."
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Fun fact: he is winning the battle in the FTC over this..

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:47 pm

And woh woh.. back up. Are you complaining about the graphics from a 1996 game?

Dude, the computers in 1996 ran on Pentium processors (about 200 MHz max) and about 4 megabytes of RAM. Best video card was the Voodoo series (I think the first one came out in 96). They started back then at around 4 megabytes of RAM and about 50 MHz processors. We used to have to daisy chain those fuckers to get decent graphics on games.

Arguably the best game of the year was Warcraft II:

You are smoking crack trying to compare that to the Star Citizen demos graphics.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:51 pm

Oh, and you two are full of shit when you say KSP was basically complete and only needed some bug worked out.

That's a complete fucking falsehood. There were huge chunks of game mechanics added in the last year of development that weren't included when it went on sale years before. You bought an unfinished game.

But that's cool cause so did I. I just didn't try to throw a pissy fit over other people buying a different unfinished game than the one I bought.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:And woh woh.. back up. Are you complaining about the graphics from a 1996 game?

Dude, the computers in 1996 ran on Pentium 2 processors (about 200 MHz max) and about 4 megabytes of RAM. Best video card was the Voodoo series (I think the first one came out in 96). They started back then at around 4 megabytes of RAM and about 50 MHz processors. We used to have to daisy chain those fuckers to get decent graphics on games.

Arguably the best game of the year was Warcraft II:

You are smoking crack trying to compare that to the Star Citizen demos graphics.
Man you're wrong about everything involving games. I mean, you did call COD a space sim, and you said consoles are superior to PCs, so I guess it's to be expected.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Where did I say consoles were superior to PCs? That's a new one.

That last COD release was literally a space sim. You could fly spaceships around as part of the gameplay.

Something about being a SC victim really makes people turn nutter for a while.

Dude, I built ships that went to three different planets in KSP in 2013. It was working just fine.

They added more physics in, so lots of my return ships would have burned up in the atmosphere of Kerbin now. There's a contract system. Burning down to Moho requires a lot of heat management now.

Core game worked fine, though.. It actually worked. It wasn't a fucking unplayable demo.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.