Europe, Boring Until it's Not

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:13 pm

How do you know mushrooms don't want to live? They seem to fight hard for life. Along with everything else that lives.

Anyway. Do not get between me and a juicy steak. There will be blood.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Ethics, people. ^^^

A situational guide to right and wrong.

Is it right to murder someone? Depends on the situation.

So, it's ethically right to murder the unborn and those in comas when we decide the situation grants it, but don't you eat that steak!

Typical amoral bullshit, as I predicted.
It's not immoral if it ensured the preservation of human genetics. We have that moral imperative upon us and very limited time. I refuse to make a case for genetically deficient humans that are a net drain. That is what the Left does.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 pm

@ Okee, Lol you think there's a contradiction in what I'm saying? You think I don't factor in circumstance when I say meat eating without necessity is unethical?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Margaret Sanger is on the horn.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm

I would make the case for deficient humans as long as they are not deficient in intrinsic value.

I'm all about personhood, I don't care what you are, if you have the ability to desire to live, you're golden.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 pm

JohnDonne wrote:I would make the case for deficient humans as long as they are not deficient in intrinsic value.
Everything is of intrinsic value as long as it fucks us off

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 pm

JohnDonne wrote:@ Okee, Lol you think there's a contradiction in what I'm saying? You think I don't factor in circumstance when I say meat eating without necessity is unethical?
You already stated your rubric.

Killing the unborn is ethical because they can't demonstrate a desire to live.

Fuck off.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Well, I am nothing if not a champion of creatures than can't speak for themselves, a fetus in my opinion need not demonstrate anything, simply having the causal structure at a certain level of development would suffice as a mandate to play it safe in my view. Without it though, where's the subjective ability? How does it morally differentiate from a rock? Human DNA? I throw my own DNA every time I brush my hair.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Anyway, these are fascinating discussions but I must take a break and do something with my day.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:26 pm

JohnDonne wrote:Well, I am nothing if not a champion of creatures than can't speak for themselves, a fetus in my opinion need not demonstrate anything, simply having the causal structure at a certain level of development would suffice as a mandate to play it safe in my view. Without it though, where's the subjective ability? How does it morally differentiate from a rock? Human DNA? I throw my own DNA every time I brush my hair.
I understand as well. It's nothing to you because it represents a future you will never experience.

Why do you care about the future again? Chickens or something?