Another School Shooting

K@th

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by K@th » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:46 am

So the kid just called. He's walking home today at noon, because the entire county school system is letting kids leave early to support gun control. I said, "since when do you support gun control?"
"oh, hell no, I don't support gun control!"
"but that's what the walkout is for!"
"Yeah, but that's not why I am leaving."

So - he doesn't support gun control, but he is walking out of school in solidarity with kids who support gun control.

Long story short - kids want a 1/2 day off school and this has nothing to do with gun control. Lame. They already had Monday off and Thursday is a 1/2 day, too.

Let's see if it makes the local news.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:49 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:51 am

If my kid walked out of school, forcing me to leave work early to figure out what to do, I can tell you right now what we would do: PT for two and half hours.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 am

He's not a kid; he's 19. I couldn't stop him if I wanted to. It's his life.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:27 am

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:19 am

Montegriffo wrote:The problem in the US is not that people don't want gun reform it is that the pro-gun lobby is louder and more powerful than those who think it will make a difference. Politicians are bought off with donations from manufacturers and the likes of the NRA.
Banning donations from gun lobbyists might be a good place to start.
If I was writing a movie, I couldn't create a better caricature of the ignorant ass gun grabber than what you represent.

BTW does everyone else see how tyrannical this piece of shit is?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 am

Prior restraint is the only tool in that toolbox, Okee.

It's a shitty toolbox.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:25 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:The problem in the US is not that people don't want gun reform it is that the pro-gun lobby is louder and more powerful than those who think it will make a difference. Politicians are bought off with donations from manufacturers and the likes of the NRA.
If I was writing a movie, I couldn't create a better caricature of the ignorant ass gun grabber than what you represent.

Relax Okee...

Monte represents very mainstream ideas about limiting access to devices that can kill dozens in seconds to minutes...

He's not off his rocker.

Not to say that these answers are the only answers.... but they are far from wingnut ideas.

Many countries have implemented them and aren't examples of tyranny.

Maybe chill out.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:28 am

Otern wrote:It looks so easy from over here, just impose stricter regulations. But keep in mind, this is what the Saudis think of the drinking culture in Norway and Britain too. We have regulations. Less than the Saudis. And we're never, EVER going to listen to Saudis telling us how our alcohol laws should be.
This is a solid point.

Mind you it's hard to kill dozens of people in a few minutes with a whisky.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:31 am

DrYouth wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

Relax Okee...

Monte represents very mainstream ideas about limiting access to devices that can kill dozens in seconds to minutes...

He's not off his rocker.

Not to say that these answers are the only answers.... but they are far from wingnut ideas.

Many countries have implemented them and aren't examples of tyranny.

Maybe chill out.
Oh fucking spare me.

They are the first two amendments to our constitution. He's said repeatedly that he doesn't support them. He's doing it again, right here, right now. He wants to ban guns and put gag orders on anyone supporting them. Fuck him.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751