Net Neutrality

K@th

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:13 pm

How long can an employer detain an employee without pay? We already know 30 minutes a day is allowed. How about an hour? Two? Six? Is there a max or is it completely at the employer's discretion how long he requires an employee to stay on site without pay?
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Kath wrote:How long can an employer detain an employee without pay? We already know 30 minutes a day is allowed. How about an hour? Two? Six? Is there a max or is it completely at the employer's discretion how long he requires an employee to stay on site without pay?
Depends, what is their job, and what did they knowingly sign up for? Remember, none of this was secret, they either knew beforehand or if they read their agreement before signing it they would have known.

This is not hard to comprehend really if people agree to it, via signing an agreement, the company can get away with it, especially if it's reasonable.

30 minutes delay is nothing...especially when going through a security checkpoint.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Fife wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:@Fife - You're assuming an environment in which consumers have access to information about the corporate fuckery that's happening.

Also, you're assuming that there is an alternative corporation, exhibiting less fuckery.

Both are untrue. Consumers are deliberately kept in the dark on all sorts of things. See: Ag-gag laws.
I'm assuming nothing. Let's repeal all the ag-gag laws. Let's repeal and crash every structure allowing corporations to operate in secret.

Oh, BTW, what is the source again of all those structures, e.g., ag-gag laws? Oh yeah, the state. Every. Fucking. Time.
I'm with you.

However, in the current environment, since that's not happening anytime soon, you can assume that consumer boycotts are completely useless.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:30 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Fife wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:@Fife - You're assuming an environment in which consumers have access to information about the corporate fuckery that's happening.

Also, you're assuming that there is an alternative corporation, exhibiting less fuckery.

Both are untrue. Consumers are deliberately kept in the dark on all sorts of things. See: Ag-gag laws.
I'm assuming nothing. Let's repeal all the ag-gag laws. Let's repeal and crash every structure allowing corporations to operate in secret.

Oh, BTW, what is the source again of all those structures, e.g., ag-gag laws? Oh yeah, the state. Every. Fucking. Time.
I'm with you.

However, in the current environment, since that's not happening anytime soon, you can assume that consumer boycotts are completely useless.
Really? http://www.usgamer.net/articles/hawaii- ... o-ban-them
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 pm

The Conservative wrote:
30 minutes delay is nothing...especially when going through a security checkpoint.
It's good to know how little you value low paid employee's time. As long as you get your welfare, all is good, right?
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:39 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Depends, what is their job, and what did they knowingly sign up for?
So three days while they make sure nobody stole the missing key chain from aisle 6? What's the limit, in your mind?
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:41 pm

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Fife wrote:

I'm with you.

Really? http://www.usgamer.net/articles/hawaii- ... o-ban-them
Yes, really. That's not the effect of a boycott. It's from people whining to government instead.

You'll notice that Battlefront (and every other AAA shitfest) still incorporates loot boxes.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
You'll notice that Battlefront (and every other AAA shitfest) still incorporates loot boxes.
The government TOTALLY needs to get involved with how gaming developers handle micro-transactions. There ought to be a law!! Government should get out of the business of helping employees from having their wages stolen by employers, though. That's none of their business.

Logical inconsistencies all over the place - another symptom of Aspberger's.
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:50 pm

Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
It's good to know how little you value low paid employee's time. As long as you get your welfare, all is good, right?
So remind me, why did I ask for help? Care to remember? Oh, yeah... I was out of work for two years (not lack of trying to get a job) I was running out of money, and I had my gas shut off, and electricity was about to be shut off. I had a 1-year-old son, and the utilities refused to keep my power or electricity on because my child was over a year old, and was no longer under the protection of being "in danger". The state said because we were married we couldn't be helped, but if I wasn't in the picture my wife and son would be all set.

So fuck you, I asked for help because I needed it. I didn't ask for $20.00 extra in my paycheck because I felt I deserved it.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:53 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
So remind me, why did I ask for help? Care to remember? Oh, yeah... I was out of work for two years (not lack of trying to get a job) I was running out of money, and I had my gas shut off, and electricity was about to be shut off. I had a 1-year-old son, and the utilities refused to keep my power or electricity on because my child was over a year old, and was no longer under the protection of being "in danger". The state said because we were married we couldn't be helped, but if I wasn't in the picture my wife and son would be all set.

So fuck you, I asked for help because I needed it. I didn't ask for $20.00 extra in my paycheck because I felt I deserved it.
How much do you suppose 30 minutes of daycare runs these days?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace