NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

SilverEagle

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by SilverEagle » Thu May 04, 2017 1:49 pm

Time for you and StCapps to get on your bus and go home Smitty.

There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Niskanen actually got the major and a game, but only for his stick, he didn't get the major because Crosby flew into it on his knees, the Basketball Faggot alternative, would be that Crosby gets a free pass to the net, shootout for the win by default, and this is the kind of thing that braying Pens Faggots are incapable of assessing, because they can't be objective about their Little Prince.

I can't beleive what a pussy faggot you are SilverEagle, I thought you were a real hockey fan, but turns out you're just another Basketball Faggot, that's disappointing, what a fuckin' douche.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu May 04, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Niskanen actually got the major and a game, but only for his stick, he didn't get the major because Crosby flew into it on his knees, the Basketball Faggot alternative, would be that Crosby gets a free pass to the net, shootout for the win by default, and this is the kind of thing that braying Pens Faggots are incapable of assessing, because they can't be objective about their Little Prince.
Amen. I think taking Niskanen out the game was a little much, the major was sufficent in my mind, the only reason they threw him out of game is because Crosby got hurt. If that hit was on Chris Kunitz and for some reason he had a skull made of glass as well and couldn't continue for the rest of the game, they probably wouldn't have thrown Niskanen out, and there would be minimal outrage. But because it's Crosby the Basketball Faggots are extra triggered.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:00 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Niskanen actually got the major and a game, but only for his stick, he didn't get the major because Crosby flew into it on his knees, the Basketball Faggot alternative, would be that Crosby gets a free pass to the net, shootout for the win by default, and this is the kind of thing that braying Pens Faggots are incapable of assessing, because they can't be objective about their Little Prince.
Amen. I think taking Niskanen out the game was a little much, the major was sufficent in my mind, the only reason they threw him out of game is because Crosby got hurt. If that hit was on Chris Kunitz, they wouldn't have thrown him out, and there would be minimal outrage except from only the lamest of Basketball Faggots.
If that was Auston Matthews, you know I would be rattled, but you also know that I would have no expectation of a 20 game suspension when he slid into the stick at hip height, one or two games, at most, responsible for his stick, but throw the book at him and suspend him for the remainder? No way, not even for Auston Matthews, would I bray for that.

If you bring the stick up to head height and follow through? Of course they're going to throw the book at you, but slid into something via going hard to the net? Hockey play, shit happens.

Leaf fans would be like "ah shit, this always happens to us", but the Hockey Gods would be blamed, Matt Niskanen, merely their cruel instrument.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:If that was Auston Matthews, you know I would be rattled, but you also know that I would have no expectation of a 20 game suspension when he slid into the stick at hip height, one or two games, at most, responsible for his stick, but throw the book at him and suspend him for the remainder? No way, not even for Auston Matthews, would I bray for that.

If you bring the stick up to head height and follow through? Of course they're going to throw the book at you, but slid into something via going hard to the net? Hockey play, shit happens.
You aren't blinded by your love of the Leafs the way that SilverEagle is blinded by his love of the Penguins. That's the difference. Still think any suspension is too much though, and it's pretty rare that I agree with the league's assessment of how to handle supplemental discipline, so got to give them dap one of the few times that I think they got it right. I can see an argument for a one or two game suspension, but any more than that is just insanity to me. Don Cherry saying a four or five game suspension should have happened made me laugh out loud, that's nonsense.

A 20 game suspension though, that really is next level basketball faggotry, he thinks Niskanen is Marty McSorely or some shit, fucking hilarious.

That's what something worth around a 20 game suspension looks like, Niskanen's cross check on Crosby, not so much.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu May 04, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:15 pm

It's all SilverEagle's fault anyways, he was so fuckin' cocky, that jinx wave went and chirpped the Hockey Gods, and so they sent a cruel and feckless thunderbolt down upon him, through the stick of Matt Niskanen.

Never know what their plan is, could be that they are planning for Pittsburg to win the Cup, sans Crosby, with Malkino as their instrument, or, maybe they want Nashville to win just to stick it to the Habs for trading PK away, you never know, or maybe they're gonna give another one to Randy Carlisle just for keeping it old school, the Hockey Gods are not just feckless and cruel, but also unpredictable, never know which jinx or ju-ju they've dialed into at any given moment.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu May 04, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 04, 2017 2:23 pm

I'm liking Smashville right now.

Pekka Rinne is hot as all get out,
The production and defending by the back end is just straight up impressive,
Ryan Ellis and PK Subban in particular are playing the best playoff hockey that I've ever seen them play,
Their top forwards are producing,
Everyone is contributing,
Right now they seem like the healthiest team with the freshest legs in the playoffs,
They are undefeated on home ice so far, at a time when away teams are winning more games so far this playoffs than home teams.

That's a recipe for a Stanley Cup right there, they just need to keep it up, but that is no guarantee, the hockey gods are indeed fickle and cruel, so don't get too cocky yet Fife, long way to go.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu May 04, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:29 pm

They certainly seem to be favouring Nashville right now, but as they are feckless and cruel, could just be setting them up for a fall, I don't know, I think Anaheim might be the dark horse here, Ryan Getzlaf has the ju-ju with him right now, Randy & Kesler are getting away with old school, the defence is underrated, and Gibson is rounding into form.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:They certainly seem to be favouring Nashville right now, but as they are feckless and cruel, could just be setting them up for a fall, I don't know, I think Anaheim might be the dark horse here, Ryan Getzlaf has the ju-ju with him right now, Randy & Kesler are getting away with old school, the defence is underrated, and Gibson is rounding into form.
Getzlaf was like LeBraun James on ice last night, speaking of impressive and he's been some of the best hockey of his career so far these playoffs. Certainly no easy outing against Anaheim anyway you slice it, they could certainly stop Smashville dead in their tracks if they fall of their A-game. The Hockey Gods could turn on them with a vengeance, on a moments notice, and there sure is a long way to go, so you never know.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu May 04, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Corey Perry hasn't done shit, but wouldn't it be just like the Hockey Gods, to throw him the series winning goal in the finals, just for being the old school sonofabitch that he's always been.
Nec Aspera Terrent