Net Neutrality

nmoore63

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by nmoore63 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:19 am

If an employee is not free to leave and still be employed tomorrow,
If an employee is only doing the task because I require them to do so,

Then they stay on my payroll clock.

The scotus really wanted to see this case as commuting to work, or being force to meet some sort of dress code.

This is not about the time it takes to clock out but they are still on your business property walking to their car, this about not letting them out of your building for another 30 minutes for business profit purposes.
Last edited by nmoore63 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:26 am

Fife is kneeling to Mammon on this one.
Don’t like Amazon’s theft of worker’s time?
Don’t buy from or work for them.
Don’t like fast food companies killing people with salmonella and listeria?
Don’t buy any fast food.
Don’t like factories dumping nuclear sludge into waterways?
Don’t buy their products.

It’s all about giving private industry a complete free pass on anything and everything based upon some infantile interpretation of freedom of association.
It’s pretty retarded, actually.
Especially for a sharp guy like Fife.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:28 am

nmoore63 wrote:They ruled that spending 30 minutes waiting in a security line is the same thing as being asked to wear a uniform at work.

Again, the key difference between the purpose of the 1947 law and the ruling is who's agency determines how long the act takes.

It was a shit ruling.

Uh, naw. Captain Hook Fish and Chips doesn't "ask" an employee to wear a uniform at work. The uniform IS the job.

Not the same thing as what the Portal-to-Portal Act is talmbout, at all.

Anyway, in what way is the opinion inconsistent with the Portal-to-Portal Act and what Congress intended in its words in Act?

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:30 am

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:
I don't do business with abusive corporations. Is there some better solution you have for dealing with their abusive shit? :twisted:
How about requiring them to pay for all the hours an employee is doing work related activities?
OK, where is that in the Constitution? Show me the clause and I'll talk with you about what appropriate federal law we can do.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:33 am

“Corporations killing, stealing, or despoiling the commons? Don’t do biz with them!”

“I don’t do biz with them. Yet they still kill, steal, and despoil the commons. Your remedy is useless.”

<crickets>

;)

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:35 am

DBTrek wrote:“Corporations killing, stealing, or despoiling the commons? Don’t do biz with them!”

“I don’t do biz with them. Yet they still kill, steal, and despoil the commons. Your remedy is useless.”

<crickets>

;)
You and millions other needs to do it, not just an individual... that is how the market works.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:35 am

What law prevents the employer from requiring an employee sit in a holding room for an undefined amount of time while they wait for security to show up for work?
Account abandoned.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:38 am

Fife wrote:
Anyway, in what way is the opinion inconsistent with the Portal-to-Portal Act and what Congress intended in its words in Act?
Because 30 minutes daily is not incidental. Because it is directly related to the business's profit.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:38 am

DBTrek wrote:Fife is kneeling to Mammon on this one.
Don’t like Amazon’s theft of worker’s time?
Don’t buy from or work for them.
Don’t like fast food companies killing people with salmonella and listeria?
Don’t buy any fast food.
Don’t like factories dumping nuclear sludge into waterways?
Don’t buy their products.

It’s all about giving private industry a complete free pass on anything and everything based upon some infantile interpretation of freedom of association.
It’s pretty retarded, actually.
Especially for a sharp guy like Fife.
Every tactic you describe is 100% dead-on and effective.

In addition:

If you are an Amazon employee and the company has actually stolen your labor, I'll represent you and get you fat stacks.

If you are a Chipotle customer and willingly eat that shit and get sick, I'll represent you and get you fat stacks.

If you are a property owner and are polluted by a factory, I'll represent you and and get you fat stacks, AND a permanent injunction.

See how it works?

There are no "free passes," and I don't see what you mean at all by "freedom of association" whether it is an infantile interpretation, or any interpretation at all.

Killing Leviathan doesn't = "free passes," not by a damn site, IMNSHO.

I don't know what you mean by "Mammon," but lay it on me. If the shoe fits, I'll wear it. I think you know that.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:39 am

The Conservative wrote:You and millions other needs to do it, not just an individual... that is how the market works.
Yet If a corporation is poisoning a river in Kentucky that supplies 20,000 households no one in the other 49 states (or the rest of Kentucky) cares. Market forces will never be sufficient to save the families drinking the poisoned water.

Therefore we look beyond simple market forces when protecting the commons or ensuring that human rights are respected.

Pretty obvious, eh?

Should be, at least.