Trump's SCOTUS

Martin Hash

Re: Trump's SCOTUS

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:13 pm

From your side it IS a religious debate. I'm on the side of The Law.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fife wrote:He's the enemy of reality, everywhere.
I don't want to get too personal, but did you whisper to an invisible man in the sky recently?
I've been whispered to by a plain old mortal, ashes in the ground since 1978, who smashed zealots, idiots, metaphysical hucksters, and mystics like your boy Sagan (probably the single biggest prick I've ever talked to IRL, BTW) into a grease-spot, forever and ever, FUBAR for all eternity. Amen and Shalom.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Fife wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Fife wrote:He's the enemy of reality, everywhere.
I don't want to get too personal, but did you whisper to an invisible man in the sky recently?
I've been whispered to by a plain old mortal, ashes in the ground since 1978, who smashed zealots, idiots, metaphysical hucksters, and mystics like your boy Sagan (probably the single biggest prick I've ever talked to IRL, BTW) into a grease-spot, forever and ever, FUBAR for all eternity. Amen and Shalom.
Uh, Aldo Moro? Otherwise I'm stumped. But tell us your Sagan anecdote.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:20 pm

My magical person read an ancient language from gold plates using a stone to translate, and fucked the wives of his parishioners.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Martin Hash wrote:My magical person read an ancient language from gold plates using a stone to translate, and fucked the wives of his parishioners.

*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Fife wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: I don't want to get too personal, but did you whisper to an invisible man in the sky recently?
Uh, Aldo Moro? Otherwise I'm stumped. But tell us your Sagan anecdote.
Yeah he wasn't a politician or paid spokes person. Alas, he never wanted to be a big TV or movie star. He coulda been in pictures!

As for Sagan, I probably had my hopes too high. I was still young enough to think that celebrity status meant that a celebrity must be some kind of a decent person. I was editing an article by some now-lost-to-my-memory law professor (from Drake I think), who had stuck some fanboi statement attributed to Sagan in his article. Our stackchecker didn't think the piece footnoted matched up exactly with the matter asserted and it got flagged for the author to take another look. Lo and behold, the author arranged a conference call with himself and Sagan. To say the least, that was kind of exciting, and I and another editor were all set with our brush with greatness. I won't bore you with the gory details, but let's just say that my GAF meter for celebrity took a big hit that day.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Martin Hash wrote:From your side it IS a religious debate. I'm on the side of The Law.

Negative. It's a moral debate. You are the only one trying to drag religion into it because you lost it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:40 pm

"Morals are for churches, and ethics are for professional organizations." - me

p.s. I get to quote that a lot.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Ethics are for people who like to be able to change the rules of right and wrong based on the scenario.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:47 pm

All Yo Yens Are Belong To Yip.
Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum.
:whistle:
*yip*