Net Neutrality

The Conservative

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:47 am

Kath wrote:Yes, yes - stealing from employees is no big deal. Gotcha.

And, also true - TC is the only valid recipient of welfare.
Wow, bitch switch flipped much?

Seriously, bring that up again... because you seem to lack any form of comprehension to an extreme here... what you are talking about has nothing to do with welfare.

Why you are an admin here I don't know, you lack any real comprehension skill whatsoever, and hold a bias so strong that you lack any ability to be neutral on anything.
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 am

Kath wrote:I'll bash any company that requires its employees to spend a few hours a week doing tasks they aren't paid for. It's wrong.
1. Going through a security screen is not a "task." You can read what Justice Gibsburg herself had to say about that.

2. If an Amazon employee doesn't accept the wages paid for the job, and where the job is offered, and the security checkpoints required for the job, they are free to hit the fucking bricks anytime they get ready.

Having said all that, I celebrate your right to bash Amazon, and to not do business with them. IMNSHO, that's about all you (as a customer; not as a contractual privy of Amazon) have a right to do, though. Since Congress doesn't have any legitimate collective right that you don't have as an individual, I object to there being any legitimate way for the state to smash or interfere with Amazon "just because."
Last edited by Fife on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:51 am

Fife wrote:1. Going through a security screen is not a "task." You can read what Justice Gibsburg herself had to say about that.

2. If an Amazon employee doesn't accept the wages paid for the job, and where the job is offered, and the security checkpoints required for the job, they are free to hit the fucking bricks anytime they get ready.
I said that a while back, but Kath seems to not be able to comprehend the ability of choice and free will.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:52 am

Daaaaamn, Fife hates state power but loves corporate abuse.
Libertarian as FUCK.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:54 am

DBTrek wrote:Daaaaamn, Fife hates state power but loves corporate abuse.
Libertarian as FUCK.
How is it abuse? Stringent security is not abuse when theft is possible.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:58 am

Libertarian as FUCK.
I am solidly against libertarians in this regard. Theft is theft, even if a big business does it.
Account abandoned.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 am

Fife wrote:/sigh

I could have just as easily used some other brand name in my random list; I could have just have easily said "overstock.com" rather than "Amazon."

One never knows which shiny object is going to get the jaws a-wagging on wild tangents around here.

Anyway, the Amazon SCOTUS case is another of those McDonald's coffee myths that has grown somehow far beyond its boundaries.

It was a VERY narrow case, decided 9-0 by SCOTUS, interpreting a 1947 federal statute werein Congress decided they would be the ones deciding when Joe Sixpack's workday starts and ends on every square inch of the USA, as a matter of federal law. I think SCOTUS took it up at all just to resolve a split in authority among the Courts of Appeal, as a result of yet another nutty 9th Circuit decision in the case.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/busi ... nings.html

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/1 ... 3_5h26.pdf

A much more interesting case would be one where the SCOTUS could somehow explain to us where in the blue fuck Congress has any sniff of authority to do *that*.
They ruled that spending 30 minutes waiting in a security line is the same thing as being asked to wear a uniform at work.

Again, the key difference between the purpose of the 1947 law and the ruling is who's agency determines how long the act takes.

It was a shit ruling.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:05 am

Libertarian as FUCK.

No dude, I hate corporate abuse.

I don't do business with abusive corporations. Is there some better solution you have for dealing with their abusive shit? :twisted:

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:06 am

Right - an employee waiting in line for 90 seconds (as Amazon claimed) would only get an additional $1 or so per week extra. (Assuming $8/hour)

They didn't go to SCOTUS to save $1/week per employee. Employees are waiting much longer, to the tune of about $20/week being stolen from them.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:08 am

Fife wrote:
I don't do business with abusive corporations. Is there some better solution you have for dealing with their abusive shit? :twisted:
How about requiring them to pay for all the hours an employee is doing work related activities?
Account abandoned.