Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:38 pm

BjornP wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
I certainly do keep the peace and show consideration to others because I believe it is the right thing to do. Unfortunately not everybody thinks like that which is why society has to make laws and provide law enforcement officers to ensure that they are followed (or rather, penalise those who do not follow them). In an ideal world there would be no need for laws to make sure we all got on peacefully but as I'm sure you are aware this is not a perfect world.
On the other hand I am reliably informed that there is no such thing as society ;)
I don't believe in a perfect world, nor do I dream of a world where everyone just behaves good without laws. My point is simply that any country should consist more of this:
You wrote:I certainly do keep the peace and show consideration to others because I believe it is the right thing to do.
...than it should consist of laws regulating the right and wrong things. Doesn't mean I support one to the exclusion of the other, but the balance between the two has to be right. Outlawing bad manners, for example, creates a society of where good manners is no longer a question of one individual showing consideration toward another individual. The consideration is showed to an abstract rather than a living, warm, human being. The excat opposite of the intent of making such laws in the first place. But anyway, I've been repeating myself for some time, so I'll just conclude we're of different minds on this one.

..and you're right, of course. There is no society. In fact, I might as well be a spider... :drool:
I think we are closer to agreement on this than you think.
Where we seem to differ is in how we see the role of the hate speech law. I don't think the law is there to regulate what is right, that is the job of society. I think rather that the law is there to disincentivise what is wrong. To deter wrong doing not enforce correct behavior.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:40 pm

How purposefully blind can you be?

The law is for justice

The law is for preemptive measures

Pick one and only one. I know you picked the latter already so just spill it. Tell everyone here how the UK is a multicultural society. Say it again.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:57 pm

TheReal_ND wrote: Would censoring free speech stop the hatred? No. It would favor THE FUCKING INVADERS
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/72654 ... ndrew-Neil
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote: Would censoring free speech stop the hatred? No. It would favor THE FUCKING INVADERS
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/72654 ... ndrew-Neil
And here's the crux of it. The brown third world countries.

Does Monte admonish their lack of free speech? No. He's only concerned about OUR countries and how we react to the people replacing us.

I mean end thread right here. That's really all there is to it.

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, why we aren't concerned about invaders

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:28 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Does Monte admonish their lack of free speech?
Not sure what you are asking here. Do you mean the lack of free speech in the countries they are coming from?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:57 am

I really wonder if the solution to the demographic winter is not a right of return policy creating a mass migration of racially European people back to the continent. North America seems hopeless now. Some Western European nations seem less worried about their individual ethnic identity than their population.

As it is, I can already see young Americans going to Europe for affordable college in increasing numbers in our near future. Most scholatships and assistance are going explicitly to non-white students, and that's likely to get much worse. Retired Americans could start going to escape the rising crime and decay, bringing more capital.

The main caution would be a need to encourage people to spread out and adopt the culture.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:20 am

I think you may be surprised at how much American culture is already adding to European culture. It is doing so to a much greater extent than any African or Arab influence.
The majority of Brits don't really come into contact with immigrant culture other than the proliferation of international food outlets. American culture on the other hand is beamed into our houses 24 hrs a day. Non Muslim European women aren't wearing burkas they are wearing blue jeans, musicians aren't influenced by bands from the ME they are playing rock and roll, rhythm and blues and hip hop.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:15 am

You should turn that shit off. The kind of American "culture" you get from our mass media is fucking aids.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:You should turn that shit off. The kind of American "culture" you get from our mass media is fucking aids.
Better than Muslim culture
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session