Literal Odds and Ends

Speaker to Animals

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:58 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Does "whiteness" involve heavier carbon emissions than other "racialness"?

According to many progressives: yes.

But that's not even true. Most of it comes from Asia, and -- news flash -- they don't give a fuck about your climate change.
Well, like I said, it's too late to stop it, so I've learned to just accept it and prepare. No point in slamming the gate after the horse is gone.

I am not so sure. I think there might be engineering solutions to try, but we have to wait until it's indisputable.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:11 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

According to many progressives: yes.

But that's not even true. Most of it comes from Asia, and -- news flash -- they don't give a fuck about your climate change.
Well, like I said, it's too late to stop it, so I've learned to just accept it and prepare. No point in slamming the gate after the horse is gone.

I am not so sure. I think there might be engineering solutions to try, but we have to wait until it's indisputable.
It's never going to be 'indisputable', in the sense of public opinion. The science was resolved decades ago.

Our corporate masters will perpetually throw shade on the issue, even as their lobbies are filling with seawater. 'It's a sunspot'. 'Something happened with the seawall, not the sea level itself'. 'It's fine, this will snap back any minute'.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Emissions in the US are already declining. You don't need doomsday lies to bring down emissions.

The U.S. annual CO2 emission is small compared to the world, about 17 % in 2012. Since 2007, when the U.S. CO2 emission reached a peak of 1.2 ppm, the 2012 value has dropped to 1.065 ppm, an 11% decrease. Meanwhile, world emissions have increased by the same amount. Inspection of the BP review data indicates that for the period from 2007 to 2012 U.S. coal consumption decreased 24% and oil decreased 12%, while natural gas consumption increased 10%. These changes appear to have occurred partly because of the new technology for natural gas recovery, but problems with the economy have also contributed to the consumption downturn.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... z4l9CsaPuG
Emissions elsewhere are up. Emissions in asia are not going to go down any time soon.

A conflict between SA and Iran could reduce emissions in the US further.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Where do they sell shoe goo besides the mall? I need to know right now :cry:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:08 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Where do they sell shoe goo besides the mall? I need to know right now :cry:
Shoe polish? You can get it at walmart, most grocery stores, or a shoe store.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Nah shoe goo. My soles came off in the dryer and I needed those shoes to go walk around the shitty beach. I found it in Walgreens though thanks.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:39 pm

I hit a 300 yd drive today, straight as an arrow. Then bogied. I need to practice chipping a lot.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:28 pm

One of the nicest areas I've ever seen. Pic doesn't really show it. Walked by one of their balconies and they were watching Trailer Park Boys. Almost died from laughter :lol:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:29 am

did i mention the lengths my engineering professor is going to to combat the cheating he's dealing with?

it's crazy. i think i mentioned it. these fucks are gonna have to pass the FE. you can't cheat on it, and you can't get hired without it. there's no point in cheating now.

so, i'm telling him i'm going to have to miss a couple of classes because i have to go to austin for orientation, and he cuts me off, "do what you need to do. not many people get the opportunity."

I get back a week later and find out the next exam is the next day. no problem. i get the notes and spend all day studying.

exam day comes, and all i hear from all around me is, "you can't use this. it's written in arabic." all of the arabic students had brought in pages of paper covered in arabic text, and were claiming they were formula sheets.

this is my third semester with this professor, and all of his exams are classic engineering problems taken from the text with altered figures. they'd figured this out and had basically all of the material written in arabic.

so, today the graded exams were handed out.

At the end of class, the girl I've been studying with was waiting for me to walk out with her. The professor was surrounded by angry arabs. When I glanced at him he asked, "you were here when we covered the practice exam?" I said yes, and dug into my bag. She said something to the effect of, yeah of course we covered this, and I said, "yeah, but I'm not leaving him here alone."

Followed by me explaining to those lazy fucking cheating cunts that this was the easiest fucking college exam imaginable if a habitual drunk could ace it after missing half the material.

Average grades are in the thirties, and I laugh my ass off when the mexican professor tells the mexicans and arabs that when he had chinese students they all got A's.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:47 pm

they all dropped the class. there's about five of us now.