Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:21 pm

ssu wrote:
BjornP wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I read an article that the EU is trying to force the UK to take unrestrained/open immigration through 2021. Any insight in that Europhiles ?
My searches are coming up empty when I try searching for that, Carlus, though I should add that I don't follow Brexit negotiations all that closely. I do read the headlines every day, and can't recall seeing that topic being covered. It seems unlikely, given that no country in the EU is for unrestrained immigration, so demanding that the UK be, seems sort of self-defeating and irrational.

Also, since the days Kolokol, and I think Coronian, were on the DCF, I don't think there's been anyone who'd really classify as Europhile around here. ;)
Unrestrained and open immigration through 2021?

Hmm... if there is any truth on this, it's likely that they are talking about a transition period in which people from the EU / UK can still move around. Of course, "news" saying it like this, that there's "unrestrained/open immigration", one immediately thinks of immigration from outside the EU. Which in no way is on the table.
The only thing I have heard along these lines is a guarantee that EU citizens will keep their rights of residence in the UK for at least 5 years. This is for our own benefit as we need the labor in many vital industries such as agriculture and the NHS.
Even the Brexit minister David Davis has said that we will need immigration from the EU for years to come.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Found it
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ys-EU.html
Migrants should be let into Britain until 2021, says the EU:
Negotiators want to push back the date in return for two-year transition deal

Documents show the EU plans to issue the demand in return for a transition deal
Ultimatum risks infuriating Brexiteers who want control of the country's borders
Brexit divorce deal agreed by Theresa May proposes ‘cut-off date’ of March 2019
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Daily Mail... :think:
Generally it's best to take the DM with a large pinch of sodium chloride on matters of Europe.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Doesn't seem unreasonable really. As far as the schengen inter EU migrants goes.

I'm assuming this has nothing to do with refugees.

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:35 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Doesn't seem unreasonable really. As far as the schengen inter EU migrants goes.

Every time you call economic migrants "refugees", Baby Jesus turns a bottle of wine into water.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:29 am

C-Mag wrote:Found it

Ultimatum risks infuriating Brexiteers who want control of the country's borders
Is not about "unrestricted immigration", nor open border. A French national is an "EU migrant". This:
The Brexit divorce deal agreed by Theresa May last week proposes a ‘cut-off date’ of March 2019, after which new EU migrants would lose the automatic right to reside in the UK on a long-term basis.
So the EU want to extend that date. It's not about "unrestricted immigration" or open borders, and it's not about refugees either.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Woh.. that was fast. Looks like you're one big, happy country now.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-1 ... te-eu-army
Landmark Treaty Signed To Create EU Army

EU leaders formerly endorsed the harmless sounding Permanent Structured Cooperation, or PESCO, pact on Thursday evening in Brussels. After the shock of Brexit, the goal of defence integration was revived by former military foes, Germany and France, supported by Italy and Spain, in a show of EU unity. A similar proposal was blocked by the French parliament in the 1950s (see below). Now a treaty has been signed which sees the defence union complete by 2025 in what has been described as “one of the most tangible steps in EU integration since Brexit”.
The pact means a European army, navy, air force. They are already establishing their own command centre in Brussels. "They’ve got the fund, the structures set up for all of it. Already they are divvying up which country will do the helicopter work, which country will be the major naval provider. All of that is happening right now.
Apparently, Britain is not going to stand alone against a united Europe. Wise move, however ironic it is.
“We do face a number of threats across Europe,” May said. “I‘m very clear that although the British people took a sovereign decision to leave the EU, that does not mean that we were going to be leaving our responsibilities in terms of European security,” she told reporters.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:49 pm

BjornP wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Found it

Is not about "unrestricted immigration", nor open border. A French national is an "EU migrant". This:
The Brexit divorce deal agreed by Theresa May last week proposes a ‘cut-off date’ of March 2019, after which new EU migrants would lose the automatic right to reside in the UK on a long-term basis.
So the EU want to extend that date. It's not about "unrestricted immigration" or open borders, and it's not about refugees either.
Who cares?

Rational immigration debate ended years ago. I guess only few countries have succeeded in having a rational grounded to the facts debate. And there's also the question of the British living in the EU. Nearly a million of them.

If you can bend it to be "unrestricted immigration" and get people to think it's about literally opening the borders to anybody, there's allways the hope that Trump will retweet it.

And let's just remember that some Brits hate the Poles that have migrated to the UK.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:28 am

Austria’s new chancellor, Sebastian Kurz has now joined forces with the leaders of Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic; countries that have already refused to adopt the EU migrant quota scheme.
https://voiceofeurope.com/2017/12/austr ... N.facebook
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:57 am

Calculus Man wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Doesn't seem unreasonable really. As far as the schengen inter EU migrants goes.

Every time you call economic migrants "refugees", Baby Jesus turns a bottle of wine into water.
:lol:

It is known.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751