Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Ya know... I just realized that Prince Harry’s kids will be Americans.

#WeGonBeKangz
Actually no as Megan is applying for British citizenship
The babies will be purebred subjects of the crown. But at least there will be one fewer mixed race American for Nuke to worry about.
Silly guy. Even if she's a dual-citizen, those babies are considered full-citizenship Americans.

The dream is real...

Duel citizenship is not recognised in Albion. To be accepted as British she will have to denounce her US citizenship.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:22 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: Actually no as Megan is applying for British citizenship
The babies will be purebred subjects of the crown. But at least there will be one fewer mixed race American for Nuke to worry about.
Silly guy. Even if she's a dual-citizen, those babies are considered full-citizenship Americans.

The dream is real...

Duel citizenship is not recognised in Albion. To be accepted as British she will have to denounce her US citizenship.
Proof plz.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Am at work on my phone. Will get back to you in an hour or so.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Bugger I just looked it up and it's not true anymore. Standards have fallen so far since I was a kid.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:25 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Bugger I just looked it up and it's not true anymore. Standards have fallen so far since I was a kid.
Embrace your future ruler.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Luckily, any sprogs she spits out will only be 6th in line to the throne at best. Megan won't even be Princess Megan. She will be Princess Henry (Harry's actual name) as she was not born into the royal family. The Queen will make them a Duke and Duchess on their wedding day ( Possibly Duchess of Sussex).

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Luckily, any sprogs she spits out will only be 6th in line to the throne at best. Megan won't even be Princess Megan. She will be Princess Henry (Harry's actual name) as she was not born into the royal family. The Queen will make them a Duke and Duchess on their wedding day ( Possibly Duchess of Sussex).
Do you prefer to be called Old England, New Oregon, or Megania?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Luckily, any sprogs she spits out will only be 6th in line to the throne at best. Megan won't even be Princess Megan. She will be Princess Henry (Harry's actual name) as she was not born into the royal family. The Queen will make them a Duke and Duchess on their wedding day ( Possibly Duchess of Sussex).
The more interesting scenario concerns the other side of the Atlantic: any children they have will be both prince/princesses and American citizens, I believe. While the matter of the British throne is probably mostly academic, there's still the matter of holding American public office. If they grow up wishing to hold any office at all in America, then according to Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution they will have to renounce their titles of nobility to ascend to office, at least not unless Congress votes to grant them an exception. Or they may just not be allowed at all if they're not allowed renounce their royal status, I have no idea what British law on the matter is.

Also, they may or may not have to live a sufficient amount of time in America. I forgot the exact details as they relate to birthright citizenship or if that's just concerning the matter of the Presidency. So at least we won't have a theoretical "His Highness Prince Whatshisface, President of the United States of America" at least. Thanks, founders!
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:00 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:
The more interesting scenario concerns the other side of the Atlantic: any children they have will be both prince/princesses and American citizens, I believe. While the matter of the British throne is probably mostly academic, there's still the matter of holding American public office. If they grow up wishing to hold any office at all in America, then according to Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution they will have to renounce their titles of nobility to ascend to office, at least not unless Congress votes to grant them an exception. Or they may just not be allowed at all if they're not allowed renounce their royal status, I have no idea what British law on the matter is.

Also, they may or may not have to live a sufficient amount of time in America. I forgot the exact details as they relate to birthright citizenship or if that's just concerning the matter of the Presidency. So at least we won't have a theoretical "His Highness Prince Whatshisface, President of the United States of America" at least. Thanks, founders!
That only applies to federal office, doesn’t it?

Could still be His Highness, Prince Mayor LaQuan of New Rearsheepshire.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:50 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:

That only applies to federal office, doesn’t it?

Could still be His Highness, Prince Mayor LaQuan of New Rearsheepshire.
In Britain, as members of the royal family, they are not supposed to get involved in politics. If you are born a Lord like Antony Wegwood Benn you have to renounce your title to become an MP and descend to the commons. Tony Benn, as he became, was one of our most radical left wing politicians for about 40 years.