How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Fife

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:20 am

OK, back to more cheerful things. The fucking GOP is history. Fried, dyed, and laid to the side. Fuck those chumps and good riddance. It's time for them to take their places alongside the DNC in the dustbin of history.

Hairgod better wake up and smell the coffee, and soon.

Lo & Behold: A Replica Of The Successful 2015 Obamacare Repeal Is Languishing In Committee
In 2015, Congress passed Obamacare repeal. Now, a replica bill has sat unaddressed in committee since March 8th and there’s a path to getting it to a floor vote quickly.

The Trump spin mill has been in overdrive since House Speaker Paul Ryan pulled the abysmal first attempt of the new administration and Congress at the promised “repeal and replacement” of Obamacare.

The Trump administration and the media sold the American Health Care Act as the last best hope for repealing Obamacare, which is a complete joke. The idea that Republicans in the House and Senate, who have largely run on Obamacare repeal in the last seven years, would suddenly give up because a bad bill didn’t pass is absurd.

. . .

A clean repeal is what Republicans have been promising the American people for seven years. A clean repeal bill is sitting in committee, ready to go through the same process it breezed through in 2015 but in which the AHCA failed. As has been said before here, should Republicans fail to adequately reduce the cost of health care and increase access by repealing — and replacing to a degree — Obamacare, they will be seen as the biggest scammers in American politics for a generation.
Emphasis mine.

#RANDYCARE looks more and more like the future.

Rand Paul takes victory lap on GOP health bill

“I applaud House conservatives for keeping their word to the American people,” Paul said in a statement.

Republican leaders pulled their bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare on Friday afternoon, acknowledging that it was headed toward defeat.

Paul — who has been a top antagonist of the House bill — added that "I look forward to passing full repeal of ObamaCare in the very near future.”

#FULLREPEAL

Last edited by Fife on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:13 am

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:42 am

Just like with social security, the more time it goes on, the more difficult is it for the Republicans to get pro-big pharma & insurance companies policies through as "free market" stuff and repeal everything in Obamacare.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Fife wrote:Image

Would have worked better if the gurney were Procrustean bed.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Would have worked better if the gurney were Procrustean bed.

Good one, haven't thought about the Procrustean bed in a while. Gleichschaltung, baby! :goteam: :drunk:

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Fife wrote:...The fucking GOP is history. Fried, dyed, and laid to the side...
Don't tease us....

I fear the Architect will find a way to salvage this mess.

And if the GOP fails - what comes next? A party embracing Bigger Stronger Culture Warriors? The end of the GOP means that the DNC is going to win in 2020...and they will be able continue their war on middle America unopposed.

Just look at CT - after 50+ years of DNC control, it's close to being the poorest state in the union - Yet the DNC still runs the show because most reasonable residents have fled.

Even in the face of billion dollar deficient year after year after year, and report of tax base declines year after year after year, the DNC is actually proposing new sales tax increases, new income tax increases, new property tax increases, new tolls, ect....I am absolutely convinced that the DNC wants to see the end of private property rights in the US - there is no other reasonable explanation for this - unless one assumes that the DNC is simply made up of the most greedy self serving sleeze balls who don't give a shit that the train is about to go over the cliff because they're going to jump off with their loot at the last second.....

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:23 pm

I never expected Trump to be the type that wasn't looking for a statist solution to healthcare.

Donotwant.jpg

I was always ok with that but the real kisser was that neither was the GOP. DemLite indeed. I think it's a fucking travesty that by now everyone should be able to tell that we are being sold up the river yet again. I mean, Trump's goofy self was at least an alternative to not getting your asshole completely reamed out but seriously this is the best the GOP had on the table? RyanCare? Burn this motherfucker down.

Oh and fuck Randlets too. They had ten fucking years to come up with a plan but instead of trying to get something sorted out with the GOP they acted aloof like "lol I told you so!" Seriously anyone that thinks Rand isn't trying to cash in on political points is retarded. The same Rand that meets with Israeli lobbies on a bimonthly basis. Yeah. Ok.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:36 pm

Rand Paul is not his father, but he's better than most GOP senators, so it's hard to be too mad at the guy when he's one of the best there is on that side of the aisle.

:| /shrugs
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Not going to argue. But I thought Trump was going to deliver something better and healthcare was never my main beef. I like the sound of repeal and assumed replace would be something at least marginally better. RyanCare is not. Fuck it. I guess we have a few years to see where it goes. This 0 for 3 shit doesn't feel like winning though.

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:59 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:But I thought Trump was going to deliver something better and healthcare was never my main beef. I like the sound of repeal and assumed replace would be something at least marginally better. RyanCare is not. Fuck it. I guess we have a few years to see where it goes. This 0 for 3 shit doesn't feel like winning though.
Don't worry, it's going to better in the future. You'll get tired of winning. This is just a starting hickup, Trump will deliver... ;)