Public School Education System Thread

apeman

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by apeman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:How much worse can government schools get, really?
That's where I am.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:47 pm

:violin:

Progressives take over schools and produce proles -proles vote in more progressives....and make prole children.....good thing I can afford private schooling......proles doomed to be proles for foreseeable future.....very progressive indeed ...

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:52 am

Okeefenokee wrote:You'll notice we don't have this problem with patio furniture.

If I want some furniture for the backyard, I can shop around anywhere in town. I can shop across the border in New Mexico, and probably even in old Mexico. I can shop online for patio furniture from just about anywhere in the world, and you'll never hear someone say the US leads the world in spending on patio furniture, but not in patio outcomes.

Funny that.
Nice :lol:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:45 am

Remember the Yugo.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:53 pm

apeman wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:You'll notice we don't have this problem with patio furniture.

If I want some furniture for the backyard, I can shop around anywhere in town. I can shop across the border in New Mexico, and probably even in old Mexico. I can shop online for patio furniture from just about anywhere in the world, and you'll never hear someone say the US leads the world in spending on patio furniture, but not in patio outcomes.

Funny that.

You're on to something there, Okee.

What If Grocery Stores Worked Like Public Schools?

Groceries are paid for primarily by local taxes. If residents go to their local public grocery store, they get their weekly groceries without any additional out-of-pocket cost. However, they cannot get groceries from a public grocery store that’s outside of their district.

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Fife wrote:
apeman wrote:

Funny that.

You're on to something there, Okee.

What If Grocery Stores Worked Like Public Schools?

Groceries are paid for primarily by local taxes. If residents go to their local public grocery store, they get their weekly groceries without any additional out-of-pocket cost. However, they cannot get groceries from a public grocery store that’s outside of their district.
the Local Grocer's Public Union 101 thus becomes a political player with substantial pull

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:42 pm

apeman wrote:
That's where I am.
In my kid's graduation ceremony we had an admiral and two other brass speak - one kid got accepted to Annapolis and two to the Coast Guard academies. Every year this happens. There are so many kids going to highly competitive colleges and Ivies that they don't list them. They just announce what the total scholarship haul for each graduating class is.

Maybe it's not the public schools but the communities they serve. The next county over has a school system that is primarily Indian and their scores are so high that they make our wealthier kids look like slackers, so it's not economics at work.

Explain how this can be, since the public schools suck.
:royalty-queen:

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:00 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
apeman wrote:
That's where I am.
In my kid's graduation ceremony we had an admiral and two other brass speak - one kid got accepted to Annapolis and two to the Coast Guard academies. Every year this happens. There are so many kids going to highly competitive colleges and Ivies that they don't list them. They just announce what the total scholarship haul for each graduating class is.

Maybe it's not the public schools but the communities they serve. The next county over has a school system that is primarily Indian and their scores are so high that they make our wealthier kids look like slackers, so it's not economics at work.

Explain how this can be, since the public schools suck.
I don't understand your argument.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:19 pm

She's not making one. She's defending shitty schools by propping up her ivory tower coastal experience as thought that is the norm.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:21 pm

The public schools reflect their communities. If your public schools suck, then get involved. It's irritating hearing the public schools bashed like the parents have nothing to do with it.
:royalty-queen: