Haumana

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Haumana » Sat May 26, 2018 5:10 am

Ph64 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:17 am
nmoore63 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:28 am
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/so ... 65446.html
Solo: A Star Wars Story shows us the hero all feminist men have been waiting for
Were Kylo Ren real and alive today, you strongly suspect he would be one of those enraged, hysterical followers of Jordan Peterson's morose YouTube ramblings about reclaiming masculinity in the alt-right. At least Snoke is a charismatic villain to take as a master. What do these young men see in the depressed pallor of Peterson
Soylo: A Soy Wars story.

No plans to see it, apparently Lando is a "pansexual" robot lover now.
I suppose we're headed there soon with sex robots.
Soylo. Hilarious.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat May 26, 2018 7:09 am

They killed off the only interesting character in the series, and now want to destroy the memory of him.

The kid playing solo is not even a pale image of Harrison Ford.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:03 am

Haumana wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:10 am
Ph64 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:17 am
Soylo: A Soy Wars story.

No plans to see it, apparently Lando is a "pansexual" robot lover now.
I suppose we're headed there soon with sex robots.
Soylo. Hilarious.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/27060 ... wars-story

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:40 am

So Solo was originally expected to make $130 - $150 million opening weekend. It ended up at $103. Now all of the excuses are coming out. Most of what I've read revolves includes one or more of the following: the competition (Avengers & Deadpool), Star Wars fatigue, poor promotion (don't see how that would be, I saw ads everywhere).

None of the main media sources give much credit to TLJ and it's heavy-handed SJW vision being shoved down our throats as reason the next SW movie would flop.

Today I read about a new theory. It bombed because the lead is a white guy. At least the author sort of goes there. The article meanders from the original premise to backing off of it, to kinda sorta making that statement again at the end. Seems afraid to commit to much of anything here.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... f3d0fe5d49

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 29, 2018 9:52 am

Nah. They killed off the coolest part of Star Wars - the only grounded character - and tried to replace him with an inferior, poorly fleshed out imitation - Po Dameron, and then with an origin story that nobody needed, featuring another uninteresting imitation.

There’s no mystery here. Just shitty decisions.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:00 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:52 am
Nah. They killed off the coolest part of Star Wars - the only grounded character - and tried to replace him with an inferior, poorly fleshed out imitation - Po Dameron, and then with an origin story that nobody needed, featuring another uninteresting imitation.

There’s no mystery here. Just shitty decisions.
Poe was fine at the beginning.

Its that his entire movie arc was about the emasculazation of Poe.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:00 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:40 am
So Solo was originally expected to make $130 - $150 million opening weekend. It ended up at $103. Now all of the excuses are coming out. Most of what I've read revolves includes one or more of the following: the competition (Avengers & Deadpool), Star Wars fatigue, poor promotion (don't see how that would be, I saw ads everywhere).

None of the main media sources give much credit to TLJ and it's heavy-handed SJW vision being shoved down our throats as reason the next SW movie would flop.

Today I read about a new theory. It bombed because the lead is a white guy. At least the author sort of goes there. The article meanders from the original premise to backing off of it, to kinda sorta making that statement again at the end. Seems afraid to commit to much of anything here.
How did this infection get into forbes?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 29, 2018 10:03 am

nmoore63 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:00 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:40 am

How did this infection get into forbes?

Because conservatives are just old progressives.

I am sure that about ten to twenty years from now, the progressives, if they are not yet extinct, will be demanding we recognize marriages between humans and animals, and the conservatives will be lashing back in defense of the sanctity of gay marriage.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:09 am
They killed off the only interesting character in the series, and now want to destroy the memory of him.

The kid playing solo is not even a pale image of Harrison Ford.
+1
And me and you are next.

Scott Eastwood is the only young actor I can think of that would have been good as young Solo.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:25 pm

The Social Justice Wars cabal would never let Clint's son near Solo if he auditioned.