Europe, Boring Until it's Not

BjornP

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by BjornP » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:08 am

Have to admit the "Kamelåsåå" sketch, which did get quite a few chuckles in Denmark back when it aired, does get the pronounciation right. Nothing beats ugly accents quite like this, though...

(The video title's sure to trigger Monte, too, btw.) :whistle:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:41 am

BjornP wrote:Have to admit the "Kamelåsåå" sketch, which did get quite a few chuckles in Denmark back when it aired, does get the pronounciation right. Nothing beats ugly accents quite like this, though...

(The video title's sure to trigger Monte, too, btw.) :whistle:
Didn't understand a word of that,what language was it and does it come with subtitles?

This is how English should be spoken, the language of poets

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:47 am

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:59 am

BjornP wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
BjornP wrote:
So it is "incorrect" that the word "faggot" also means (slur for) gay male? It is only the faggot of word definition that is correct? That's what you mean?
It's a slur because we as humans have allowed our language to change/degrade as our culture has become more "stupid" and less eloquent.
You are not replying to the question I pose. Wether or not it is "stupid" is another subject matter. Let me try again: Is it true or false that the word "faggot" is used as a word to describe a gay male?
Actually, I did answer it; you just didn't like the answer.

I said it is a slur, and why it is a slur. If you can't comprehend that simple statement, then I can't help you. I can lead you to water...
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:05 am

Pah, if we wanted to go back to speaking German we would have let Adolf win...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:10 am

Montegriffo wrote:Pah, if we wanted to go back to speaking German we would have let Adolf win...
A Pan Am 727 flight, waiting for start clearance in Munich, overheard the following: Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"
Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak English."
Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany. Why must I speak English?"
Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent): "Because you lost the bloody war!"
#NotOneRedCent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:15 am

The Conservative wrote:
BjornP wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
It's a slur because we as humans have allowed our language to change/degrade as our culture has become more "stupid" and less eloquent.
You are not replying to the question I pose. Wether or not it is "stupid" is another subject matter. Let me try again: Is it true or false that the word "faggot" is used as a word to describe a gay male?

I said it is a slur, and why it is a slur. If you can't comprehend that simple statement, then I can't help you. I can lead you to water...
The question did not revolve around wether or not it's a slur. :roll: I exclusively want to know if you understand that its use , again it's use as a slur is real or not.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:24 am

BjornP wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
BjornP wrote:

The question did not revolve around wether or not it's a slur. :roll: I exclusively want to know if you understand that its use , again it's use as a slur is real or not.
I already said it was, what part are you having an issue understanding?
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:39 am

The Conservative wrote:what part are you having an issue understanding?
The part where you are upset by single words having multiple meanings.
Bow can mean a type of tie or knot, a weapon which fires arrows, bending at the waist to show respect, the pointy end of a boat, playing a stringed instrument with a horse haired rod (also the rod itself), a district in East London, a curved stroke forming part of a letter, a metal ring forming part of the handle of a pair of scissors, the lense frame of a pair of glasses.
Which of the above do you think should be the exclusive definition of the word?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:46 am

Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:what part are you having an issue understanding?
The part where you are upset by single words having multiple meanings.
Bow can mean a type of tie or knot, a weapon which fires arrows, bending at the waist to show respect, the pointy end of a boat, playing a stringed instrument with a horse haired rod (also the rod itself), a district in East London, a curved stroke forming part of a letter, a metal ring forming part of the handle of a pair of scissors, the lense frame of a pair of glasses.
Which of the above do you think should be the exclusive definition of the word?
Except they have different ways of saying the same word too...

What started this is I have an issue with the term used because it's being used improperly because people are dumb and refuse to educate themselves properly. Heaven forbid... are you telling me that you would rather have an uneducated populous bastardizing the English language because they are "evolving" the word, instead of using proper English to describe a person, place or situation?
#NotOneRedCent