DBTrek

Re: The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:56 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
DBTrek wrote:Image
I fasted for 10 g*ddamn days,
surely you can keep up!

:twisted:

From what I am finding out, that's really not that difficult. You won't be hungry unless you eat small amounts of food. I went for four days, but I partitioned off a brick of sea rations for that time, and I was in a lot of pain. I think what happens if that, if you eat even a little, your hunger will become really painful. But if you don't eat anything, you won't feel hunger after a day or two.
I've heard that. Almost everyone I've heard speak on the subject says day 1 & 2 are the worst, then it's fairly easy coasting.
But I'm still too leery on all that to give it a shot at this point.

NO food, boss?
That's crazy talk.
:shock:
Last edited by DBTrek on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:57 am

It's an interesting challenge. You wouldn't want to test your will?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Can you fucking imagine if a sizable portion of the population began going two days between eating by choice? Not to mention adding another layer on that historical flip we've done between behavior and qualities of rich and poor, but just the shift in attitude we might see,

What do you need my change for? You're hungry? I haven't eaten in two fucking days, guy. Buck up and drive on.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Can you fucking imagine if a sizable portion of the population began going two days between eating by choice? Not to mention adding another layer on that historical flip we've done between behavior and qualities of rich and poor, but just the shift in attitude we might see,

What do you need my change for? You're hungry? I haven't eaten in two fucking days, guy. Buck up and drive on.

That was actually pretty normal before the rise of Big Agra.

For instance, thanksgiving feasts used to be something yankee puritans would eat after a period of fasting (I think for 24 hours, though I am not sure).

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's an interesting challenge. You wouldn't want to test your will?
I'm sure I will at some point. Timing is everything though. Have to have the right mindset to focus on the goal, and the right environment to analyze the results. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for failure, or worse, success that is meaningless because it just seems like an irritating exercise that sucked for no greater purpose than to prove a point. I'd prefer to do it when I can focus on it and reflect on what the cost/benefits of the exercise actually were.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:41 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It's an interesting challenge. You wouldn't want to test your will?
I'm sure I will at some point. Timing is everything though. Have to have the right mindset to focus on the goal, and the right environment to analyze the results. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for failure, or worse, success that is meaningless because it just seems like an irritating exercise that sucked for no greater purpose than to prove a point. I'd prefer to do it when I can focus on it and reflect on what the cost/benefits of the exercise actually were.

IF is super easy for me. I think I could easily make it to 24 hours at this point (it's only 6 more hours). I kind of want my first real fast to be about 44 hours. If that worked well, I will go from there. I don't want to do this unless I still have fat to lose from that year of bulking. After that stuff's gone, it's just IF from then on.

The benefits of fasting are huge. It boosts your good hormones, regulates your insulin. Basically, your keto diet is an attempt to approximate the effects of longer fast without giving up food.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Can you fucking imagine if a sizable portion of the population began going two days between eating by choice? Not to mention adding another layer on that historical flip we've done between behavior and qualities of rich and poor, but just the shift in attitude we might see,

For instance, thanksgiving feasts used to be something yankee puritans would eat after a period of fasting (I think for 24 hours, though I am not sure).
Hell, Fridays for Catholics turned from fasting to an excuse to eat fried fish
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:17 pm

California wrote:

Hell, Fridays for Catholics turned from fasting to an excuse to eat fried fish

Yeah, our fasts are not even fasts anymore. We no longer really fast during Lent. What they call a fast is just a diet.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Here's my tentative plan: I stop eating at 8 pm this Thursday night. I fast for all of Friday. I start eating at 12 pm Saturday, for 40 hours of fasting.

The only thing that concerns me is that I have a run on Friday.

But if I do that, I can tell you guys how easy or horrible it is to fast 40+ hours. I kind of don't think it will be a big deal. We'll see.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Here's my tentative plan: I stop eating at 8 pm this Thursday night. I fast for all of Friday. I start eating at 12 pm Saturday, for 40 hours of fasting.

The only thing that concerns me is that I have a run on Friday.

But if I do that, I can tell you guys how easy or horrible it is to fast 40+ hours. I kind of don't think it will be a big deal. We'll see.

That does sound tough to do. Are you going to break the fasting at night or are you going to go all the way without anything? Also, it might be better if you allow water (some people try to do a "dry fast") and also be careful of exhausting and/or have just a very small thing (that is healthy) to eat. I am not a doctor here but I don't know about actually doing that.