NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Tue May 02, 2017 10:36 am

SilverEagle wrote:WTF are you talking about. I don't care who in the fuck you are, you take a fucking cross check to the chin at high, literally, at high speed and you're going down. I don't care who the fuck you are. Your sorry ass would have to be taken off by a stretcher. I guarantee that!
He ate the check to the helmet, not the chin. Crosby is fragile as fuck and you are in denial about it. You want to blame the Caps for Crosby's fragility, by embellishing the hit and making it seem like no one would have gotten up, but me and Smitty both know that's bullshit because we seen guys get up just fine from much bigger hits.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue May 02, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:36 am

Can't suspend Niskanen, because he didn't get the stick up, where Niskanen is aiming his crosscheck, is at hip level, the only reason Crosby gets it in the head, is because he's down already, Niskanen can just say "I didn't mean to hit him in the head, I was just bracing for a collision and he ran into me, my stick was just out reflexively to protect myself from being taken out at the knees, I wasn't going for a headshot, look how low my stick is..."

I do think Niskanen meant to finish him off, but he has plausible deniability.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 02, 2017 10:41 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Can't suspend Niskanen, because he didn't get the stick up, where Niskanen is aiming his crosscheck, is at hip level, the only reason Crosby gets it in the head, is because he's down on his knees, Niskanen can just say "I didn't mean to hit him in the head, I was just bracing for a collision and he ran into me, my stick was just out reflexively, I wasn't going for a headshot, look how low my stick is..."
Only Penguins homers who can't see straight won't except that explanation as valid. They want to believe this was Marty McSorely type shit instead, so they can pretend Crosby is secretly tough and not soft, but their attempts to do so are quite transparent and they aren't selling anyone but themselves on that bullshit narrative.

Even if you think Niskanen did it on purpose, you can't prove it.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:46 am

I think Crosby is plenty tough, he goes to the net fearlessly, you can't ask for more than that, he does try to sell the refs on shit, but all stars do that, it's not a question of being "soft", he's not soft, but like you said, he is fragile, just can't take the pounding anymore, the spirit is willing, but the concussions have just piled up.

It's like the other day somebody on the radio asked "would you trade Matthews for Crosby?" and all the Leaf fans were like "hell no, Crosby is almost done, damaged goods."
Nec Aspera Terrent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue May 02, 2017 10:46 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Can't suspend Niskanen, because he didn't get the stick up, where Niskanen is aiming his crosscheck, is at hip level, the only reason Crosby gets it in the head, is because he's down on his knees, Niskanen can just say "I didn't mean to hit him in the head, I was just bracing for a collision and he ran into me, my stick was just out reflexively, I wasn't going for a headshot, look how low my stick is..."
Only Penguins homers who can't see straight won't except that explanation as valid. They want to believe this was Marty McSorely type shit instead, so they can pretend Crosby is secretly tough and not soft, but their attempts to do so are quite transparent and they aren't selling anyone but themselves on that bullshit narrative.

Even if you think Niskanen did it on purpose, you can't prove it.
Fuck you asshole. I hope Ovi gets his fucking head taken off! Serves them right! I hope the next great player on your team gets taken out in the same fucking fashion! This is terrible for hockey regardless of what jersey Sid wears but you're tooooooo fucking retarded to see that and that is why hockey will remain a joke to the masses and the NBA, NFL, and MLB will reign over them fucking always.

This just in, Sid as a concussion and is out for game 4 an most likely the rest of this series. If the Pens win game 4 this series is over but the only hope for the cup is if he can come back. It's really pathetic that this is the only way the Caps have a chance. I hope Ovi suffers a career ending injury so he never raises the cup. That fucker, that team, that shitty city does not deserve it!
Last edited by SilverEagle on Tue May 02, 2017 10:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 02, 2017 10:48 am

Smitty-48 wrote:It's like the other day somebody on the radio asked "would you trade Matthews for Crosby?" and all the Leaf fans were like "hell no, Crosby is almost done, damaged goods."
Yeah the Pens can keep Crosby, you can't dupe the Leafs into making that trade. Youth alone makes that a dumb idea, even if Crosby had no concussion issues.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:54 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:It's like the other day somebody on the radio asked "would you trade Matthews for Crosby?" and all the Leaf fans were like "hell no, Crosby is almost done, damaged goods."
Yeah the Pens can keep Crosby, you can't dupe the Leafs into making that trade. Youth alone makes that a dumb idea, even if Crosby had no concussion issues.
That's just radio chatter, AM34 is the 6ix God, he's not going anywhere, he'll retire as a Leaf, a very rich man, he's the son I never had, I have three sons now, Auston, Mitch, and Willy.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 02, 2017 10:59 am

Smitty-48 wrote:That's just radio chatter, AM34 is the 6ix God, he's not going anywhere, he'll retire as a Leaf, a very rich man, he's the son I never had, I have three sons now, Auston, Mitch, and Willy.
Oh I know. I think the Pens would be dumb enough to not make that trade and hold onto Crosby, even if the Leafs were dumb enough to offer it to them Matthews, anyway. So even if it somehow became more than just chatter, I assume he'd still be safe.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:05 am

It's a young man's league now, the real pressure on the Leafs now, is that the window is already opening, they just started the rebuild, but when you win a prize like Matthews, the clock gets accelerated, because he's already in his prime, he steps right in, at 19, and scores 40, 31 even strength?

The future is now, AM34 is in the window, look at this kid yo, wouldn't even trade him for McDavid, McDavid is good n' all, but he'll never be 6'3" 225lbs...

Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 02, 2017 11:18 am

Smitty-48 wrote:It's a young man's league now, the real pressure on the Leafs now, is that the window is already opening, they just started the rebuild, but when you win a prize like Matthews, the clock gets accelerated, because he's already in his prime, he steps right in, at 19, and scores 40, 31 even strength?

The future is now, AM34 is in the window, look at this kid yo, wouldn't even trade him for McDavid, McDavid is good n' all, but he'll never be 6'3" 225lbs...

I'd take McDavid, size isn't everything, can't teach that speed and he uses it to create space for his linemates in a way that Matthews never will be able to. As long as he doesn't turn out to be injury prone, I feel pretty safe picking McDavid over Matthews.

The fact that you could even make a half decent case for Matthews over McDavid, well that is reason to be stoked enough. McDavid hasn't been that impressive as Matthews so far in these playoffs for instance, that's one encouraging sign and so far. Matthews seems to be more natural goal scorer of the two and his size is certainly a big plus in his column as well.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue May 02, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*